Lamb

It’s been a little hard and taken a few years but my farang friends and I are slowly getting to sources who can cater to our culinary tastes without relying too much on imported produce.

Next conquest is LAMB: I can almost see the Thai forum users gag, Kiwis’ jumping out of their gum boots and the rest of you saying “This guy’s nuts!”. :o

Anyway:-

I don’t know anyone who has tried Thai grown lamb or mutton so my first quest is to get some opinions.

We have been told of a farm on the 2022 (Phen) road raising and selling lamb and we have seen them being transported. The fleeces, very dark! Anyone know where it is or another farm in the Udon area?

It’s been a little hard and taken a few years but my farang friends and I are slowly getting to sources who can cater to our culinary tastes without relying too much on imported produce.

Next conquest is LAMB: I can almost see the Thai forum users gag, Kiwis’ jumping out of their gum boots and the rest of you saying “This guy’s nuts!”. :o

Anyway:-

I don’t know anyone who has tried Thai grown lamb or mutton so my first quest is to get some opinions.

We have been told of a farm on the 2022 (Phen) road raising and selling lamb and we have seen them being transported. The fleeces, very dark! Anyone know where it is or another farm in the Udon area?

There's a farm run by a Brit near Sisaket. He sells lamb. And Meadish was right, Ask Lampshade at the Farang Connection, Surin.

I get my Lamb from Foodland, around 3-400 Baht for a large shoulder. Love the stuff, get a bit sick and tired of the local pork/chicken/beef.

You can aso buy legs and shoulders of lamb in Makro Stores (Again NZ Lamb)

Thanks guys, I know there is plenty of imported NZ lamb around the country but I'm interested in trying to obtain some locally grown stuff.

me again... :o

I have heard of a small number of sheep being raised in LOS but never seen it before.. I was told they were bred by the Uni of CM .. my thinking is that they would not be BB sheep..

Would be interested to see what they taste like though... let me know if you find any!

Bought locally bred lamb a couple of years back, at a "King's project" farm in the Rayong province...

Was absolutely delicious :o

No idea if the other King's project farms (plenty of them scattered around the country) are still raising them

Bought locally bred lamb a couple of years back, at a "King's project" farm in the Rayong province...

monty, where specifically was that farm? name? any directions?

I'd be keen to try that one myself. :o

monty, where specifically was that farm? name? any directions?

I'd be keen to try that one myself. :D

I had local lamb in Rayong last year at a Thai restuarant in the big mall on the main road (sorry...didn't get the name).

Pretty tasty. :o

I hope to be visiting my friend's turtle farm next month near there. He's a food produce guy. I'll ask.

(jotting in phone calender...) :D

I have a friend in Lampoon area (Chang Mai) that farms some sort of marino, has about 30 of them grazing under loghan. Already asked about meat but they're only selling so people can breed, maybe in a year or 2 they''ll start selling for meat like thier goats. I think they're 70,000B per pregnant female so they'd be an expensive meal.

Our Home in Thailand is on the 2022, about 6 km before Ampher Phen.

I love Lamb :D (Please no Welsh jokes) and if there was a heard of sheep any where within Eating distance I would have been there with my knife and fork.

If you find evidence of lamb in the area please let me know, my wife does a lovely Sunday dinner. :o

edd

I love Lamb :D  (Please no Welsh jokes) and if there was a heard of sheep any where within Eating distance I would have been there with my knife and fork.

If you find evidence of lamb in the area please let me know, my wife does a lovely Sunday dinner. :o

edd

I love lamb massaman. It's not the same with chicken.

I love Lamb :D  (Please no Welsh jokes) and if there was a heard of sheep any where within Eating distance I would have been there with my knife and fork.

If you find evidence of lamb in the area please let me know, my wife does a lovely Sunday dinner. :D

edd

I know the buggers run too fast :o

If you find evidence of lamb in the area please let me know, my wife does a lovely Sunday dinner. :D

edd

I know the buggers run too fast :o

Yes,especially if it's a Lamborghini....... :D

You can aso buy legs and shoulders of lamb in Makro Stores (Again NZ Lamb)

Yeah but I believe you'd get more freshness out of a mammoth's leg if you were to dig one up in Siberia.

Not a fan of Makro lamb then Penzman...? :D

I once had the best lamb cutlets I have ever tastes in a restaurant on Suk... with mint sauce as well...! ( they didn't call it mint sauce, but it was) :o

totster :D

edd

We are getting info that the flock may not be too far away from our end (Ban Dung) of the road. Realy need a Kiwi to help us flush em out, ofcoarse he would be rewarded with the prettiest ewe. :o

Realy need a Kiwi to help us flush em out, ofcoarse he would be rewarded with the prettiest ewe. :o

Where's chuchock when you need him? :D

I think he's up in Chiang Mai somewhere...

:D

I've eaten local lamb, it was ok but pretty tough. It might of been that it was too fresh as I had to kill it myself. I have thought about buying some to fatten up on the farm but after killing the first one nobody really wants to do anymore and the longer you keep them the more they become like pets. I dont know who posted the somewhere was selling them for 70,000 bhat. I bought one about 10 months old for 800 bhat. usually I just buy mine from Makro its ok but not as nice as the real welsh stuff :o

Anyplace in Chiang Mai to get decent lamb? Frozen from NZ would be fine.

I found some frozen chops at Rimping, but they were almost all fat. I have my Cross & Blackwell mint sauce from the States -- just waiting for something decent to put it on.

Oh, speaking of Rimping -- they now carry American (Vlasic brand) dill pickles!! Those cucumbers masquerading as pickles (from Europe somewhere) must be an acquired taste.

Anyplace in Chiang Mai to get decent lamb? Frozen from NZ would be fine.

I found some frozen chops at Rimping, but they were almost all fat. I have my Cross & Blackwell mint sauce from the States -- just waiting for something decent to put it on.

Oh, speaking of Rimping -- they now carry American (Vlasic brand) dill pickles!! Those cucumbers masquerading as pickles (from Europe somewhere) must be an acquired taste.

Just come home from Rimping Jim, NZ lamb, legs f,quarters etc near deli ,thats store near Novatel.