An Open Apology For Breaching Forum Rule 31

Visavis

I'd like to formally apologize for breaching Forum rule 31, causing the moderators to have to delete my post.

It won't happen again. Would it be possible to get a list of Newspapers it is permissible to link to?

I though I was on terra firma with the Bangkok Post, and it is sometimes helpful to refer to a 3rd party source when one wishes to distinguish a WAG (wild assed guess), from an opinion based on something more solid.

Does any one have such a list?

For legal reasons do not post, quote or link from either the Bangkok Post, Associated Press (AP) or Phuket Wan. Please do not use any of these sources as they will be deleted.

From allowed sources you can only quote the first 3 lines, plus a link to the source/rest of the article.

So with the exception of Bangkok Post, Associated Press (AP) and Phuket Wan, I can have a three line quote. What about links to news sites other than Bangkok Post, Associated Press (AP) and Phuket Wan? are these OK?

Edited by Visavis

Should be OK.

If you want to make it look real nice, when writing a post you will see a pull down menu called "insert special item".

You'll see a bunch of (obviously) allowed news sources (Nation, BBC, AFP etc). Choosing one will automatically insert their logo along with the date which you have to enter in the pop up window...

For legal reasons do not post, quote or link from either the Bangkok Post, Associated Press (AP) or Phuket Wan. Please do not use any of these sources as they will be deleted.

From allowed sources you can only quote the first 3 lines, plus a link to the source/rest of the article.

Legal Reasons is BS. Why does it only apply to the BKK Post. It's because the Nation who have a deal with TV dont want free press to the BKK Post. At least be honest.

So with the exception of Bangkok Post, Associated Press (AP) and Phuket Wan, I can have a three line quote. What about links to news sites other than Bangkok Post, Associated Press (AP) and Phuket Wan? are these OK?

With the execption of these 3, links are OK but also name the source when you link. In case of quoting the first 3 lines you have to name the source and provide a link to the rest of the article.

That are legal requirements. Most news sources allow only the first 3 lines or sentences and a link to the source.

Legal Reasons is BS. Why does it only apply to the BKK Post. It's because the Nation who have a deal with TV dont want free press to the BKK Post. At least be honest.

Most organisations allow only 3 lines or sentences and a link to the story. Some, like the Bangkok Post and AP, do simply not allow this.

Can I just ask a question to clarify a point here I can understand "cut&past" even copying word for word in to post being breach of copyright but surly a link to an article that has been published on the publishers website and remains there to be viewed is not a breach of copyright.