Invitation To Expats To Do Survey

RHH

Academic study of Westerners living in or who have lived in Thailand.

Robert Howard at the University of New South Wales in Australia is doing a major academic study of Westerners now living in Thailand or who have lived for at least a year in Thailand and then eventually left. The study will look at reasons for moving to and leaving Thailand, characteristics and well-being of the local Westerner population, and their experiences in Thailand. If you are a Westerner who has lived in or who currently lives in Thailand for at least a

year, you are invited to complete an anonymous on-line survey form. It will take only about 10 minutes to fill out.

A summary and analysis of the findings will be posted here and on the link below when the study is complete. The survey will yield a valuable picture of the local Westerner population and perhaps some tips on how to successfully live in Thailand.

If you would like to fill out an on-line survey form, please follow the following link.

http://education.arts.unsw.edu.au/farangsurvey.htm

hay jai dee ,, answer  the question .. why  you afraid . may be you over stay in thai land .

No afraid at all pett, just a question on how the University was going to sort out the rubbish answers from the real thing.

Did you read the survey? If so, you would know that anyone from a disillusioned Thai chick in USA to a fat balding white plonker in Pattaya could respond to the survey, so where is the reality check?

And FYI, I have a valid multiple entry non-immigrant type B visa as well as a valid work permit.

:D

Why do I bother? :o

hay jai dee ,, answer  the question .. why  you afraid . may be you over stay in thai land .

No afraid at all pett, just a question on how the University was going to sort out the rubbish answers from the real thing.

Did you read the survey? If so, you would know that anyone from a disillusioned Thai chick in USA to a fat balding white plonker in Pattaya could respond to the survey, so where is the reality check?

And FYI, I have a valid multiple entry non-immigrant type B visa as well as a valid work permit.

Why do I bother? :o

Why do you bother? That is a really good question. I'm reallly not trying to flame you or anything like that....but......really....why do people bother answering really pointless questions on TV?

I've got an idea!!! Let's all get together and fill out the survey but lets collude on one answer and let's all give a really outrageous answer to see if we can influence the results in an obvious way....like let's all say we are blind in the left eye....then see if one of the characteristics of expats in Thailand is reported to be blind in the left eye. What do you think....has anyone looked at the survey who can suggest some answer we can all try to influence? This way we could actually demonstrate how inaccurate internet polls can really be....I think this could be classified as a great service to humanity!!!

Edited by chownah

Question 36. What do you like least about Thailand?

Mr Moonface ?????

Sick buffalo stories.

Rubbish strewn every where.

Extreme reckless driving,and extreme noise from vehicles

Hubs.

:o:D The drinks ok though :D

Edited by johng

I love multiple choice! :D

It didn't matter how many drinks I'd had I could still hit one with the mouse! :D

No question about who I thought was going to win the Champions League though.

...#####biased survey! :o

Oh well, back to the game... :D

May I ask how the UNSW is going to validate that the responses to that survey are in fact genuine?

Jai Dee, I own a Data Processing company in London that works for several major Market Research companies.

I can assure you that very little validation is or can be done on people's responses to questions.

How do you validate a respondents answers???

We do a lot of work with doctors and I am sure they intend their responses to be accurate. Many times they are asked the same question (worded slightly differently) twice in a survey and give different answers!!!! :D

Having looked at the survey it is really just opinions and no doubt will be weighted to the Farang population of Thailand. :o

I've got an idea!!!  Let's all get together and fill out the survey but lets collude on one answer and let's all give a really outrageous answer to see if we can influence the results in an obvious way....like let's all say we are blind in the left eye....then see if one of the characteristics of expats in Thailand is reported to be blind in the left eye.  What do you think....has anyone looked at the survey who can suggest some answer we can all try to influence?  This way we could actually demonstrate how inaccurate internet polls can really be....I think this could be classified as a great service to humanity!!!

Final question:

39. Do you have any additional comments about any topics related to the questions above?

I'm blind in my left eye

Done. :o

I've got an idea!!!  Let's all get together and fill out the survey but lets collude on one answer and let's all give a really outrageous answer to see if we can influence the results in an obvious way....like let's all say we are blind in the left eye....then see if one of the characteristics of expats in Thailand is reported to be blind in the left eye.  What do you think....has anyone looked at the survey who can suggest some answer we can all try to influence?  This way we could actually demonstrate how inaccurate internet polls can really be....I think this could be classified as a great service to humanity!!!

Final question:

39. Do you have any additional comments about any topics related to the questions above?

I'm blind in my left eye

Done. :D

Dang, it's my right eye, and I dont wanna lie...

PLEASE NOTE:

Information gathered from this page will be used for the purposes stated and will not be resold or used for any other purpose without your permission. Note that by clicking on the submit button at the bottom of this form, the form's contents will be sent to the Faculty of Arts and Social Science at the University of New South Wales via World Wide Web. The information is not encrypted and as a result may be intercepted by a third party. The University accepts no responsibility for misuse of data procured in such a manner.

Intercepted with ip could yield some useful info.... :o

Edited by OlRedEyes