The Duke's Restaurant

maxjay

I went to the Dukes a few nights ago and I was very impressed. Particularly with the quality of their garlic cheese bread. It tasted like a cross between a focaccia and pizza dough. Clearly very high quality flour went into it and it was allowed to age properly. Very impressive. In fact, i was so impressed I forgot to order an all beef hot dog.

I went to the Dukes a few nights ago and I was very impressed. Particularly with the quality of their garlic cheese bread. It tasted like a cross between a focaccia and pizza dough. Clearly very high quality flour went into it and it was allowed to age properly. Very impressive. In fact, i was so impressed I forgot to order an all beef hot dog.

Yes the dough is aged. It gives a good flavor. Soon they will have the "Duke's All Beef Hot Dogs" in Bangkok. In about a week. I believe they will be adding it on the menu.

I'm not sure what "The Duke's is meh" is from the Italiann but it probably means that the Italiann is afraid that Duke's pizza is pretty good.

I'm not sure what "The Duke's is meh" is from the Italiann but it probably means that the Italiann is afraid that Duke's pizza is pretty good.

I think that it means that the Duke's pizza is much better than that ketchup-on-a-cracker <deleted> that so many other places serve. :)

I think that it means that the Duke's pizza is much better than that ketchup-on-a-cracker <deleted> that so many other places serve. :D

Regarding the Ketchup on a cracker looks similar as Ulysses avatar :) , looks good, taste terrible :D

• 3 weeks later...
I ate at the one in Chiangmai -- pretty good pizza.

Worth a visit.

Yesterday I visited Duke's on the 5th floor of the Emporiam.

Had the "Duke's Hamburger."

Really good.......huge.......but expensive.

The bread was great (odd but very good).....mushrooms, tomato, onions, bacon.....and large ground beef steak on it.

The beef was not like back home in Texas on my grill.......but it was the best I have had in Thailand.

I had a hard time eating all of it. Nice service.

Forgot......the pickle was good too. I highly recommend this place.

Next time I want to try the Philly Cheese Steak.