'The Nation' Editor Wins Asean Media Award

webfact

ASEAN MEDIA AWARD

Nation editor wins Asean award

By The Nation

gallery_327_1086_174.jpg

BANGKOK: -- An editor of The Nation was awarded the Asean Media Award Thursday by Asean Association of Thailand for his outstanding reports, commentaries and analysis on ASEAN Affairs.

Kavi Chongkittavorn, senior editor, received the award from Khunying Laxanachantorn Laohaphan, the current president, at a ceremony at Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

The association was set up in 2008 to promote awareness and understanding of Asean affairs among the Thai people.

According to Luxasachandorn, the association has engaged in a dozen of activities that promoted the knowledge of Asean among the various stake holders. Several seminars on Asean were held in key cities in the four region of Thailand.

"We want to encourage the media to write about Asean and realization of Asean Community," she told The Nation Channel in an interview.

Kavi is a veteran journalist who covers politics, regional andforeign affairs for the Nation over the past two decades.

His English-language column "Regional Perspective" and the Thai language column "Lok Sara Jipata" in Kom Chat Luek often dwelled on key issues related to Asean.

"His comprehensive works have played a very important role in increasing the knowledge and understanding of Asean of the Thai people and the region," the citation said in part.

Asean Association of Thailand is the first of its kind in Asean. Other countries have expressed interest in setting up similar association to promote public awareness and understanding of Asean.

National Bureau of Broadcasting, operator of Channel 11, and its radio sector were awarded for their contribution in promoting Asean during the Thai chairmanship last year.

Vorarat Taniyugi of Mathichon Daily, Nosphon Saengchart of Community Radio Network of Community Empowered Group, Somkiart Onwimon, a broadcaster, were given outstanding award for their contribution in printed and radio.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-03-25

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

You sure this guy is Thai? All the Thais I know have perfect hair.

Anyway, this is a self awarded award from the community that the Nation serves. Oh, I know, my comments will be dismissed, but look at who gives the award, who puts up the money and the key sponsors. I don't think the Ministry of Foreign Affairs was going to support giving the award to a group that was not perceived as on its side. The people selecting and judging the receipients for Thailand come from 3 groups; Government, "Academics" and Business. Put the award in context please.

I liked this announcement from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs;

The National Broadcasting Services of Thailand (NBT) and Radio Thailand Broadcasting, under the supervision of the Government Public Relations Department (PRD), received the ASEAN Media Award 2009

NEWSFLASH: This just in, I have been awarded the hansummest man of Patong award. The judges comprised of me and 2 soi dogs were unanimous in my selection. The qualities of cuteness, genius and hansummness were cited. A reception at a date to be announced will be held at the 7-11 to celebrate my hansummest man award.

You sure this guy is Thai? All the Thais I know have perfect hair.

Anyway, this is a self awarded award from the community that the Nation serves. Oh, I know, my comments will be dismissed, but look at who gives the award, who puts up the money and the key sponsors. I don't think the Ministry of Foreign Affairs was going to support giving the award to a group that was not perceived as on its side. The people selecting and judging the receipients for Thailand come from 3 groups; Government, "Academics" and Business. Put the award in context please.

I liked this announcement from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs;

The National Broadcasting Services of Thailand (NBT) and Radio Thailand Broadcasting, under the supervision of the Government Public Relations Department (PRD), received the ASEAN Media Award 2009

NEWSFLASH: This just in, I have been awarded the hansummest man of Patong award. The judges comprised of me and 2 soi dogs were unanimous in my selection. The qualities of cuteness, genius and hansummness were cited. A reception at a date to be announced will be held at the 7-11 to celebrate my hansummest man award.

I understand the soi dogs argued, fought and scrapped bitterly between themselves, before looking in the mirror and determining that you had the edge by the width of a mickey hair.

There has also been a suggestion that you offered (conditional) free-flow Pal Meaty Bites for the yet to be announced awards ceremony. :)

The ASEAN Association of Thailand is run by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. ( Their office is in the MFA building on Sri Ayuttya Road in BKK)

So basically the government is giving an award to people who say nice things about ASEAN. No doubt The Nation's continued slagging of Thaksin also helped Kavi 'win' the award.

The ASEAN Association of Thailand is run by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. ( Their office is in the MFA building on Sri Ayuttya Road in BKK)

So basically the government is giving an award to people who say nice things about ASEAN. No doubt The Nation's continued slagging of Thaksin also helped Kavi 'win' the award.

And guess who is teh Minister of Foreign affairs. Yep it is Kasit, the yellow shirts idiot appointed by Abhisit.

Special Report : NBT, Radio Thailand grab ASEAN Media Award 2009

The National Broadcasting Services of Thailand (NBT) and Radio Thailand Broadcasting, under the supervision of the Government Public Relations Department (PRD), received the ASEAN Media Award 2009.

The ASEAN Association-Thailand was established in 2008 with an aim to build awareness on different aspects of ASEAN, including politics, the economy, and society. It also aims to let the public be a part of the establishment of the ASEAN community through various activities.

The ASEAN Media Award 2009 was granted to related media agencies in the field of television, radio and print media on 25 March 2010 at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

In the field of television media, NBT received first place, while the Spirit of Asia, broadcast by Thai PBS, was the runner-up.

In the field of radio media, Radio Thailand Broadcasting, represented by Ms Tuenjai Sinthuvnik, Director of Radio Thailand Broadcasting, came in first place while Mr Todsapon Sangchat, the representative of the Community Radio Network (CRN), came in second.

In the field of print media, Mr Kavi Chongkitthavorn, Managerial Editor of The Nation and Kom Chad Luek Newspapers, was elected as the winner of the award. Ms Worrarat Taniguchi, writer of Vited Vithi column from Matichon newspaper, and Dr Somkiat Onwimon, writer of the ASEAN Diary column from Daily News newspaper, were both granted consolation prizes.

Khunying Laxanachantorn Laohaphan, President of the ASEAN Association-Thailand, chaired the awards ceremony. The award winners of each media field will receive a trophy from the ASEAN Association-Thailand, and 20,000 THB in prize money.

The granting ceremony of the ASEAN Media Award 2009 was held to recognize and honour media agencies in various fields for their creative works and presentations for a deeper public understanding towards ASEAN issues. The winners of the award were selected individually by votes, and scored by a committee of the ASEAN Association-Thailand which is composed of academics from the government, private and non-governmental sectors.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 25 March 2010

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]