Phuket Airport - Open 24hrs ?

clarkey

Is the airport fully operational 24hrs.

While the Airport, parking, bathrooms and security may be there, all offices and shops will be closed. Food eateries close up shop around 22:00

Can I get a feed at 3am ??

No, not in the airport. You'd have a better chance heading out onto the street to find a late night noodle stand or walk about 500m to your right out the airport gate and find the 7-11

Can I have a shower and shave out there ??

No, no showering facilities at the airport.

I would recommend looking up the Phuket airport hotel if you are looking for a more relaxing place to kill some time rent a room take a shower or nap and use their WiFi

Edited by ozymandious

I thought some one would ask.... " Why would I "

My bus arrives Phuket Bus Station, from Suratthani "sometime" around midnight 14/4.

My International flight departs Phuket Airport 8am (sharp Im sure, be there2 hrs before) 15/4.

I was just going to get myself straight out to the airport.

I believe my bus will go straight past the airport. I'm thinking I could jump off at the Airport Junction and walk/hitch/moto out to the Airport, have a feed, crash-out for a few hours on those comfy airport seats, have a quick fresh'n-up in the morning (shower/shave/change clothes), have another feed (maybe), then off I fly.

Can this be done ??

cheers

Risky at best. You'll be stuck at an intersection where there is not too much around, late at night and still be 3-4 kms from the airport. There are buildings but most will be closed at that time of night. You might catch a taxi on its way back to the airport, that just might stop for you if you flag it down and everything at the airport should be closed by that time. And you are taking a big gamble especially with all your bags exposed. You are subject to what ever they want to charge you! You could call ahead and arrange to have a taxi meet you. Get taxi drivers name and number so the bus driver can call him when you arrive. Then have him take you eat and then to the airport. It'll still cost you but safer. Think about getting a massage where you could freshen up at the same time then go to the airport. Just an idea.

As a second thought I recall seeing a "Spa/Sauna" coming soon sign on the downstairs level but don't know if that materialized. It was by the "domestic arrival" exit doors. Anyone else recall this?

Also, "Blue Canyon Golf course" has spa/sauna and restaurant open. You go right by there. Call head they'll pick up and take you to the airport later. At least 5,000B if that interest you.

Or stop in Thalang, eat, get a massage, and taxi to the airport.

I'm out of ideas.

I thought some one would ask.... " Why would I "

My bus arrives Phuket Bus Station, from Suratthani "sometime" around midnight 14/4.

My International flight departs Phuket Airport 8am (sharp Im sure, be there2 hrs before) 15/4.

I was just going to get myself straight out to the airport.

I believe my bus will go straight past the airport. I'm thinking I could jump off at the Airport Junction and walk/hitch/moto out to the Airport, have a feed, crash-out for a few hours on those comfy airport seats, have a quick fresh'n-up in the morning (shower/shave/change clothes), have another feed (maybe), then off I fly.

Can this be done ??

cheers

That's a bad plan. Get a room, get 4 hours sleep in a bed, then go to the airport.

as I recall, the airport may be "open" but everything on the inside is closed, and I doubt you would be allowed in to the departure area for a flight in the morning. You'd end up bored and most likely in the arrival waiting area.