Trust In A Relationship

stopdarot

OP. Ignore most of what you have heard here. Sounds to me like you know what you are getting into and are wiling to invest the time and money needed to make a relationship with a woman from a developing country, with all that entails, work.

I would not give the family any money upfront as gift. If as you say she went to a private Catholic school, chances are her family is middle class (something most here don’t ever know exists in Thailand) and might be insulted. Not every family is poor, there are actually many that do quite well.

Good luck,

TH

I'm not sure how the class system works in Thailand, or even if there are class values.

They have got some money, Dad drives a Benz(or Merc as I would say) and they bought Nok a little Honda last year, but money does not always denote class!

She is an only child so that may come into the equation too.

As for the footie.. COYS

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Go for it. I suspect the surprise will be good one way or the other. No need to impress the parents , just be yourself.

First place I took the missus was Koh Samed also, we've been together 15 years, have three beautiful daughters.

Ofcourse my wife who's Thai Chinese by descent (they all are, if you go back far enough) , degree educated (or sort of educated in Degree's) , was never on Soi 4. ....... Bullshit....... Bullshit ..... Blah! Blah! Blah! :D

Have fun mate and prove us all wrong . Cynical Bunch of Barstewards we are :)

stopdarot

you're not the first one telling 'I really know and it is different to all the other relationship'. Think about the build-up of your relationship and think hard.

"Money finished - Love finished" and you set that up, not the girl.

Instead of being patient you push her into the wrong direction. Actually, you make her an object that is paid for. If I'd be a girl I'd go after you to show you your value and this is what probably will happen. Max. 2 years, statistically proven.

hate to bring these two words into any topic of conversation, but the issue of "sin sod" should be an interesting one.

anyone want to hazard a guess at what might be the asking price.

300.000+

No she is well educated so its more like a mill 1 ,colino

Ps stopdarot If it all goes pear shaped please please talk to some one dont end up in a lonely hotel room or on some rooftop and do anything daft.Colino

OP. Ignore most of what you have heard here. Sounds to me like you know what you are getting into and are wiling to invest the time and money needed to make a relationship with a woman from a developing country, with all that entails, work.

I would not give the family any money upfront as gift. If as you say she went to a private Catholic school, chances are her family is middle class (something most here don’t ever know exists in Thailand) and might be insulted. Not every family is poor, there are actually many that do quite well.

Good luck,

TH

I'm not sure how the class system works in Thailand, or even if there are class values.

They have got some money, Dad drives a Benz(or Merc as I would say) and they bought Nok a little Honda last year, but money does not always denote class!

She is an only child so that may come into the equation too.

As for the footie.. COYS

They are normal middle class people, houses job, etc. Do not offer them money as a gift. Have your girl teach you a proper wai and when you meet them do it. If the father is familiar with western ways, you can shake his hand as well. No gift is required.

What most are used to dealing with here are people that would be described as lower working class at best. In Thailand, at that level, they tend not to own cars or houses and would welcome a cash gift.

TH

Go on Guys and make my day even more laughable and keep replying to a BANNED MEMBER, I'm suprised he managed to get as many posts in before he was banned ... :):D:D

Wonder how long this guy will be able to keep ONGOING....

Edited by MB1

I will offer a truthful 2 cents to this thread.

Before I came to thailand I spent a great deal travelling around, a lot in south america, europe, eastern europe, and thought I pretty much seen it all. That was until I came to thailand. Pattaya specifically. I met a girl there, at a bar who really latched on to me and me to her. We had a great time, I spent the rest of my time with her and her only. I returned home and we kept in close contact.

I would send her money and I returned to thailand 3 times before deciding to move here. There were many things about her that didn't add up and because of my prior travels I knew she was full of it. Not answering her phone when I called only for her to turn up a few hours later on IM telling me phone has no baht, cant call you back, etc. I KNEW dam_n well she was out "working" and probably had 10 other guys she was doing the same thing to. I didn't care.

So I came again so we could find a house. I met her family in Buriram, I didn't give them any money aside from a couple k to her sister so she could go work in bangkok at a "department store". Everything was peachy. We got along great. This relationship was kind of a fling to me, if it worked it worked, if not, that would be ok too as my expectations were not very high as you can see in the above paragraph.

So we move in together. This is when my living hel_l began. I could not go to 711 with out being accused of cheating on her. I had made farang friends by now and could not step foot out of the house with them either. I was starting business here, looking at condos, and even bought a car in her name out of being naive.

When I would leave to go out without her towards the end I came home and she slit her wrists, not once, but on two occasions. She had called the police accusing me of doing it to her. So in the end I told her to take the truck and cool off back home. I went to bed relieved. The next day she called "honey soo sorry blah blah. I assumed she was still driving back home so I asked where she was. She was at the airport, brand new truck was sold for 1/3 what it was worth. Again, "sooo sooorrry". I told her never to call me again. Of course she kept calling and calling. I never answered.

Moral of the story is what seems like the perfect gf/wife on holiday can turn into something completely different once you're here full-time together.

And this is like 10% of story.

ps:not only thais but other farangs you have to watch for here. Lost over 3mil baht to a farang here as well. You live you learn.

In the interests of transparency, would the moderators please tell us why the OP was banned ? Is he a former member known for trolling ?

What's going on in this thread ?????????????????????????????

Edited by Latindancer

Actually, apart from the story possibly morphing some, I have read and heard far-far-far worse stories here and from friends (including experienced by them) than this one so I would not be to quick as to discard it as trolling based on the story/events alone. But perhaps this was just a small teaser to something great to come in a year.

Edited by TAWP

I didn't twig until he mentioned the Merc. :D . I never think troll because I just can't get my head around why they do it. It just doesn't compute.

Anyway, I've said this before. We should give them there own section. They can be entertaining. I wonder how many times he's done it :)

I didn't twig until he mentioned the Merc. :D . I never think troll because I just can't get my head around why they do it. It just doesn't compute.

Anyway, I've said this before. We should give them there own section. They can be entertaining. I wonder how many times he's done it :)

i should think hes done it quite a few times, seeing as it took nearly 5 pages and 124 posts until anyone clocked on.

Edited by tigerfish

I bookmarked the thread last night UK time so I could come back and read up and see if he was banned, I'd have money on it that it was MrMondaynight, AKA Ongoing, Dave30 and Chopper, might be wrong though as I do bet on a dead horse occasionally.. :)

I bookmarked the thread last night UK time so I could come back and read up and see if he was banned, I'd have money on it that it was MrMondaynight, AKA Ongoing, Dave30 and Chopper, might be wrong though as I do bet on a dead horse occasionally.. :)

I would stick to the dead horse on this occasion :D

CLOSED