Alternatve To 3bb

dthomasss

Is there anything else available in Pattaya? I cant get True where I live (3rd Rd).

I ordered 3BB more than a month ago. They installed the line a week later and said it would take 3 days to be up and running.

A week later there was no connection but when I called they said it was working. They said they would send a technician the next day.

He called and said he would be here in the morning. At 4 p.m. he had still not arrived and said he was too busy and would come the next day.

He never arrived but the next day the connection was working.

It lasted 2 days and and then stopped again. I called again and they said they had to start with a new service order. Three days later it worked again for two days, but no service call. I returned to Bangkok for four days and when I arrived back in Pattaya this morning... no connection.

Called them again and they asked me if the technician did anything to my computer last time. When I told them I had never received a service call they acted surprised and said they had to put me back in the queue.

I have had it with them!

I think TOT should have service in your area if True doesn't. I'm in BKK and just cancelled 3BB. Terribly slow and most days at a standstill. I'm now with True who are a whole lot better but still far from perfect.

honestly? this doesn't help you but, i've been with 3BB (MaxNet) for going on 2 years now and have almost zero to no problems. sometimes these guys are at the mercy of the line quality coming in from CAT. in other words, TOT will use the same lines and you might be up the same creek...

If you live in East Pattaya, check out Banglamung Cable's cable internet service...B990 per month for 4 MBPS or B1490 for 10 MBPS. Installed the day after I ordered (about 2 years ago) and narry a problem since. Burnt through 1 cable router connection boxie thing and they replaced it free.

Highly recommended...great for bittorrent downloads...4 TB of movies, TV shows, and music...and counting :)

Edited by FarangBuddha

http://www.speedtest.net/result/761633106.png

Test results to USA server (San Jose, CA) 1 MBPS down; 500k up.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/761636415.png

Local Server (Bangkok) 3.5 MBPS down; 500k up

If you live in East Pattaya, check out Banglamung Cable's cable internet service...B990 per month for 4 MBPS or B1490 for 10 MBPS.

Is that quoted speeds for within Thailand only or international as well?

Edited by FarangBuddha