Watch Out For Kiwi Journos

MongerSEA

Ohh dear, I just read through all that dribble and couldnt give a rats @hole. Hopefully this women does expose a few of you dirty old men.....that whole entire scene is so seedy, is it even possible to put a bad spin on it? :)

Nah seen far worse in Europe than Thailand that is certain. :D

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ohh dear, I just read through all that dribble and couldnt give a rats @hole. Hopefully this women does expose a few of you dirty old men.....that whole entire scene is so seedy, is it even possible to put a bad spin on it? :)

Nah seen far worse in Europe than Thailand that is certain. :D

I'm sure you have brit, im sure you have :D

^ I dunno brit, what would I know, I've never even been to Thailand. Is that somewhere near Mexico? :D

There's a good segue to a Jingthing poll if ever I saw one! How many members of TV have never been to Thailand? Go for it JT, I would do it myself but I can't be bothered learning how to do it. :)

Francis Bacon wrote: "Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested." I think the same is true of threads on Thai Visa.

Since I think it is mostly true that you are what you read perhaps you should avoid threads that are certain to have sexual innuendo, risqué writing and other general truths about interests of men liberated from the confines of the civilized first world.

I forgot to add one thing to my earlier post about bar fines. During my time at the Aussie Embassy when I looked after RAN ship visits to Thailand, one of my duties was to brief the crew on the various do's and dont's of Thailand, both culturally and with regard to personal security. One piece of advice I used to give them was that if they wanted to do some shopping or visit some tourist attractions, the cheapest way was to make friends with a BG, pay her bar fine and she would gladly act as their guide for a small stipend.

Many sailors took the time to thank me for that piece of advice as they invariably found the girls to be very good bargainers and also a font of knowledge as to the best places to get a good Thai feed, cheap room, motorcycle hire etc...

My point being that not all who pay the bar fine are after the same result!!

so then as I said, if you frequent sex bars & have no problem doing so then these people shouldn't concern you. :)

I would however have a problem with yet another documentary slandering Thailand, riddled with sensationalist crap and factual inaccuracies.

I'd personally gladly give an interview, but no matter what you say it gets edited to form one big bucket of muck, cutting over to some scummy brothel in Cambodia with 12 year old girls, and then back to your reasoned analysis about some aspects of Thai culture and tourism.. So it's really much better to pass on the privilege.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

I see the silver foil hat brigade are out in full.

<Post snipped, it's a pointless argument>

So if someone followed you and your family around all day recording every move with a camcorder, at the end of the day you'd tell them that it didn't bother you because you didn't do anything wrong. But if you objected, we can assume you were ashamed of your actions that day?

Just because you don't value your own privacy, doesn't mean everyone else has to surrender theirs.

Come on, that's not what happens at all. A couple poor souls consent to giving an interview and being on camera, then their interview gets sandwiched in between old fat bastards with young women but with their faces vaselined/censored out, which makes them look like criminals. Nobody gets filmed in a recognizable way, they're smarter than that. And besides, pixellating or vaselining out faces adds ot the atmosphere of seedy criminality. It's a feature. :)

Scared little men? Is that acceptable SBK? :)

btw interesting related news item http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12...kok-go-bar.html

Is scared little men acceptable? Of course it is. I see 'fat bald men' littered with gay abandon and giddy delight, so 'scared little men' must be fine.

Quite why anyone gets upset about something that doesn't apply to themselves is perplexing. I love playing the 'why are they offended game' - it's always very revealing. Do the math.

Could be worse. If they closed the bars in boys town it might be "fat bald men littered with abandoned gays."

...who are little and scared...

Ohh dear, I just read through all that dribble and couldnt give a rats @hole. Hopefully this women does expose a few of you dirty old men.....that whole entire scene is so seedy, is it even possible to put a bad spin on it? :D

Francis Bacon wrote: "Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested." I think the same is true of threads on Thai Visa.

Since I think it is mostly true that you are what you read perhaps you should avoid threads that are certain to have sexual innuendo, risqué writing and other general truths about interests of men liberated from the confines of the civilized first world.

Nope. You are what you eat, dude, what you eat.

I especially liked your line about 'men liverated from the confines of the civilized first world'. How you come up with your material marky is anones guess.....I'm figuring you get it from your creepy books :)

Deary me, aren't we just precious . . . had a touch of the vapours, did you?

Honestly, calling on a mod to moderate a comment like that . . . it must have hit home

Sorry if I wasn't more obvious in my post for those from Slingapore. It had nothing to do with calling on a Mod to Mod, moreover an inside joke about Male / Female comments on TV...hence the :D

Moving forward, should I feel the need to pre-warn you next time I will place in ( ) the words 'inside joke' so can play along. :D

Honestly, calling on a mod to moderate a comment like that . . . it must have hit home

Sorry if I wasn't more obvious in my post for those from Slingapore. It had nothing to do with calling on a Mod to Mod, moreover an inside joke about Male / Female comments on TV...hence the :D

Moving forward, should I feel the need to pre-warn you next time I will place in ( ) the words 'inside joke' so can play along. :D

Nah, perhaps a sense of humour would suffice. And I;m not from Singapore. Are you a Thai from Bangkok?

Nah, perhaps a sense of humour would suffice. And I;m not from Singapore. Are you a Thai from Bangkok?

Sing Sling, it's one thing going off topic but don't do it and make yourself look more stupid :D

Can understand why some are worried these journos,they can make things look how they want them to look!

Remember that program last year big trouble in tourist thailand?....they made things look bad because its better viewing...