Russian Cop Killer Sentenced To Death In Thailand

george

I dont believe in our tax's should be paying for his meals for 30 odd years
I’ve always wondered what it costs the Thai taxpayers – any country’s taxpayers – to keep a criminal in prison for the rest of his life. It must be quite a costly exercise.

But try to make them earn their keep and human rights organisations and other NGOs will scream murder.

---------------

Maestro

Yeah in sydney they had a story about Ivan Milat (australia's worst serial killer) who is in for life for killing many backpackers, he gets a toster and TV if he is good. It makes me sick that people who do sick crimes get rewarded in jail for being GOOD in prison, they get persents for being good, what they did on the outside seems not to count but as long as there GOOD in jail its ok??

I wounder how much that sorry ass scum costs the tax payer.

From what little I know and have heard about Russian prisons, I don't think things are much better there than here. The ones who got life in prison are going to have a difficult existence even if they eventually are sent back to a Russian prison.

From what little I know and have heard about Russian prisons, I don't think things are much better there than here. The ones who got life in prison are going to have a difficult existence even if they eventually are sent back to a Russian prison.

yep, pretty bad indeed. nothing changed there since the beginning, infected concrete overcrowded boxes. As I heard, thai prison is much much better.

From what I know about Gulags, prisoners have to work there, and very hard. Running a prison must be a profitable business there.

On the other hand there was a story in the papers yesterday - a man confronted his village headman over his share of some "charity" money. They shouted at each other, then the headman drew a gun, man's six year old daughter stood in front of her father: "Don't kill my father". Too late.

The <deleted> shot the girl dead, the bullet went through her body and hit her father in the leg.

I think they are contemplating whether to arrest the headman or not. Life is cheap in Thailand. That Russian could have paid off police and the family, and avoid death penalty altogether. Maybe he was broke, maybe he was stubborn.