Paediatrician

KrisG

I have heard that the woman who runs the clinic in Rawai between Sai Yuan and Chalong circle on the east side is a pediatrician.

I also heard that she has dual pricing so I have never gone to her for that reason.

If it is very serious, then we take our son to the International hospital near Big C.

They have a kids section and seem to be very aware of kids problems.

The problem you have to watch out for there is that they want to admit your child even if it is only a cold.

I had to pull my boy out after 4 days against their recommendation for a cold.

Have not really had to go back since.

I trust their kids dept. Just not their policy to fill as many beds as they can.

Good luck.

My friend had a real problem with his baby, we made a lot of enquiries but no hospital on Phuket has a paediatrician, they have child units but they are 'normal' doctors.

Phuket International told us to go to Bangkok.

There is a hospital, I think it is in Surat Thani that is a teaching hospital for this specialty

There is one female doctor at Mission Hospital and she speaks English. My son was born there and we go there often for checkups and vaccines. If you are still interested, I will get her name for you.

She is a true paedatrician, but no idea if she knows the digestive issues, but why not give her a try?

I have heard that the woman who runs the clinic in Rawai between Sai Yuan and Chalong circle on the east side is a pediatrician.

I also heard that she has dual pricing so I have never gone to her for that reason.

If it is very serious, then we take our son to the International hospital near Big C.

The problem you have to watch out for there is that they want to admit your child even if it is only a cold.

I trust their kids dept. Just not their policy to fill as many beds as they can.

Good luck.

That's Phuket International and I had good experiences with them for the most part but also due to a specific pediatrician on staff who may or may not still be there as I heard a rumor that he had returned to the States, I don't think it is as much about filling beds with children as it is erring on the side of caution with the H1n1 flu flying around..

My friend had a real problem with his baby, we made a lot of enquiries but no hospital on Phuket has a paediatrician, they have child units but they are 'normal' doctors.

Phuket International told us to go to Bangkok.

There is a hospital, I think it is in Surat Thani that is a teaching hospital for this specialty

When was this? Phuket International most certainly did have a very qualified pediatrician on staff up until about 6 months ago that I heard, but it's a question if he is still there, he was a fellow in the States for 18 years, he was also their Chief of Staff at Phuket Int. hired for just that purpose..

His name is Dr. VJ Soodjinda for anyone who wishes to look him up..

Good luck.

I have bad experiences with that clinic. A missed diagnosis, which can happen, but most importantly my kids are not happy there, and start crying as soon as they see her.

So for normal pains etc. I take them to Chusak, I trust him and the kids are happy.

For serious illness I have taken one to Bangkok Phuket. I like the hospital and the service, but also feel I have to watch out for unnecessarily admittance.

When was this? Phuket International most certainly did have a very qualified pediatrician on staff up until about 6 months ago that I heard, but it's a question if he is still there, he was a fellow in the States for 18 years, he was also their Chief of Staff at Phuket Int. hired for just that purpose..

His name is Dr. VJ Soodjinda for anyone who wishes to look him up..

I took my son to see Dr. Soodjinda a couple of years ago when we were still in Phuket. I was very impressed with him. Excellent English, great bedside manner and used to working in the US, so very tuned into an expat's expectations of a doctor.