Pattaya Food

Wee Jimmy

Where’s the best Sunday Carvery in Pattaya?

Last Saturday evening we went to Shenanigans for their Carvery. What a disappointment, not up to the standard of the old place. Never again.

Next day we went to the Sportsman Bar in Soi 13 and that was excellent so we ate there most of the time.

We will be coming down to Pattaya again soon so what I really would like to find out is- Where is the best Carvery???

Thanks.

not shenanigans unfortunatly ,took my familly there for a birthday treat ,what a disapointment, the carvery was not good and as for the other food we tried another time ,tourist tat,no good for residents. but i will say the staff were pleasant.

not shenanigans unfortunatly ,took my familly there for a birthday treat ,what a disapointment, the carvery was not good and as for the other food we tried another time ,tourist tat,no good for residents. but i will say the staff were pleasant.

Yes I've got to agree the staff were pleasant, it's a shame it hasn't kept the standard of the old Shenanigans.

Wee Jimmy.

I like The Queen Vic too. Prawn cocktail starters mmm

Definatley not the Pig & Whistle (although it isn't really a carvery as such). I used to go there often but it has went to the dogs in the last year or so. Bland horrible no atmosphere and made to feel as welcome as a fart in an astronaut's suit.

Edited by Ungabunga

Definatley not the Pig & Whistle (although it isn't really a carvery as such). I used to go there often but it has went to the dogs in the last year or so. Bland horrible no atmosphere and made to feel as welcome as a fart in an astronaut's suit.

The Pig and Whistle has degraded since one of the owners passed away (Graham).

For a carvery, I recommend the Robin's nest on Soi Bukao. Sunday is quite nice and at a good price.

I don't know about carvery grub as I don't much care for food that's been kept warm for who knows how long but for general British and western style grub the soi 13 Sportsman takes some beating. Having said that I have had some very second rate stuff there so it too can disappoint.

The Queen Vic is also good for pub grub but I have never been there for the Sunday dinner stuff.

As for Jamesons, I had one of their breakfasts a while back and it was farkin' 'orrible. I don't know what engine they got the oil from but I reckon the piston rings are shot. I also went there with some friends for their Xmas afternoon carvery and it did nothing for me, pretty bland and uninteresting but then it's difficult catering for such a large number.

Yes I've got to agree the staff were pleasant, it's a shame it hasn't kept the standard of the old Shenanigans.

Wee Jimmy.

:) food is terible and tourist prices!!!

Wee Jimmy.

The old Shennanigan's became the new Jameson's, try there.

I haven't eaten there for over 2 years and even then I wasn't impressed so I can imagine how bad it must be now.

Another week, another Sunday Carvery thread.

Complain as much as you like but these type of threads make this forum valuable. If they prove bothersome I suggest you just don't click.

Another week, another Sunday Carvery thread.

Complain as much as you like but these type of threads make this forum valuable. If they prove bothersome I suggest you just don't click.

Steady on tropo, what you are suggesting requires a measure of intelligence and a person making his/her own choice. That is not the way of the world, people are desperately searching for their next whinge, they need it like the addict needs his next fix.

Yes this thread, and many others, are just repeats of previous ones but Thailand is a dynamic place, it changes; what was is not anymore and what is was not before.

I certainly do not think the Pig and Whistle has improved but I wouldn't say it has gone to pot. I think it is pretty much formulaic and there is no input to add new dishes or to jazz up some tired old ones or even retire them from the menu. It needs management in that area but i could say that for the last 3 or so years. I guess it ain't that broken .....

The Sportsman has gotten some bad write ups in the last 12 months. I never found it good enough to make an effort to go there but I would previously happily accompany someone else who wanted to eat there. With recommendations here, the jury is hung.

I cannot say I like carvery lunches as a formula. I don't think they offer that good a deal actually and at some around Bt400 a head, that is getting towards £10 in real money. Of course, once there you are captive for their pricey drinks. Tourist tat ? yes, I think so.

The Queen Vic seems to be well liked but how much for the location rather than the food which I found dry and over cooked so I have left it alone these last few years.

I certainly do not think the Pig and Whistle has improved but I wouldn't say it has gone to pot. I think it is pretty much formulaic and there is no input to add new dishes or to jazz up some tired old ones or even retire them from the menu. It needs management in that area but i could say that for the last 3 or so years. I guess it ain't that broken .....

The Sportsman has gotten some bad write ups in the last 12 months. I never found it good enough to make an effort to go there but I would previously happily accompany someone else who wanted to eat there. With recommendations here, the jury is hung.

I cannot say I like carvery lunches as a formula. I don't think they offer that good a deal actually and at some around Bt400 a head, that is getting towards £10 in real money. Of course, once there you are captive for their pricey drinks. Tourist tat ? yes, I think so.

The Queen Vic seems to be well liked but how much for the location rather than the food which I found dry and over cooked so I have left it alone these last few years.

A well reasoned post 'torrenova'.

Can I make a suggestion? Although this place is not a carvery (just plate service and no extras) it represents outstanding value for money. Link Below. Photograph on post # 10 and post # 31

Roast Sunday Dinner Link

Edited by syd barrett