How Do They?

How do they pump the water around a large town, not a city, here in Thailand?

They have what I believe to be a major pumping station in centre of town, but will they have ancillary stations dotted about?

Reason I am asking is that a 400 bedroom hotel is being built nearby. The completion date is mid April.

Now, for the last week, the residents on my housing estate have been suffering a big drop in water pressure and it is being blamed on this hotel (maybe they are filling their tanks on the roof?).

The pressure had dropped that much you cannot run a shower upstairs and the shower downstairs is no more than a trickle for most of the day.

The local residents are now very unhappy and are complaining to the Water Authority.

If this hotel opens and there are 400 residents taking a shower, is that going to have a more adverse effect on the water supply? (OK talking maximum capacity here but the hotel it replaces often had full occupancy).

Any solutions on how to get more water pressure to the house? It is a rented house and I am not wanting to pay a fortune to have work done that will benefit the owner - who can be a bit of a grump and complains I do not take care of the place even though he has been called out 1 time only in 2 years to fix a waste water pipe leak in the ceiling.

Thanks for any useful information :)

Wow G54, so long no hear and in addition to that its not lady trouble your having. :)

I have found the same problem you are now experiencing in a number of areas that I have lived. It has to do with the size of the mains water pipes for the area not being adequate.

Its a common problem in LOS.

Next time your at home pro, go and have a look at the range of water tanks and electric pumps they offer.

My present house has a 1000 litre tank in the back yard, which trickle fills when the water pressure is low and does better than that when the pressure is higher. The pump behind the tank keeps my house pressurised with water at all times & when the water doesnt run from the street to the tank, ive still got 1000 litres to play with. My area is fairly good, ive never seen my tank below about 60-70% full.

Wow G54, so long no hear and in addition to that its not lady trouble your having. :D

I have found the same problem you are now experiencing in a number of areas that I have lived. It has to do with the size of the mains water pipes for the area not being adequate.

Its a common problem in LOS.

Next time your at home pro, go and have a look at the range of water tanks and electric pumps they offer.

My present house has a 1000 litre tank in the back yard, which trickle fills when the water pressure is low and does better than that when the pressure is higher. The pump behind the tank keeps my house pressurised with water at all times & when the water doesnt run from the street to the tank, ive still got 1000 litres to play with. My area is fairly good, ive never seen my tank below about 60-70% full.

:) Yes, I have been back in the UK sorting the house out there. My son moved in and he is hopeless at sorting anything. Sheesh, I drained the radiators for him, fixed the boiler ( the gas one !! ) and sorted umpteen problems out.

Women troubles? ME ?? Never :D

Got a brilliant one now, at last.

Back on topic. Thanks for that info on the tanks. I suppose I'll have to check if it is OK with my Landlord and his 'boss'. But to shower several times a day in this heat is a real necessity.

If they do not agree I'll have to look for a new place.

Glad to hear your tank is always .... erm ... full :D

edit, typo

Edited by G54