Mobile Battery For Itouch

NewGuy

I'm thinking about getting a mobile battery that I could charge and then charge up / run my iTouch when it starts to die. The iStudio / iBeat chain is selling the Helms Smart Backup Pack (1200 ma) battery for about 2,200 baht. In the States you can get a brand name 5500 ma battery for less than that. Do you think the 1900 ma no-name ones in Pattaya's Tukcom are safe to use? Could they zap my lovely new gadget?

Cheers

Picked up a no-name 1900 ma unit in Tukcom for 850 baht. A friend with an iPhone 3GS used a 1000 ma unit to charge it; his new toy was toasted, dead in the water. The salesman, who heard that a friend had a problem asked if the iPhone was 3GS and explained these 600 baht units don't support that model.

Picked up a no-name 1900 ma unit in Tukcom for 850 baht. A friend with an iPhone 3GS used a 1000 ma unit to charge it; his new toy was toasted, dead in the water. The salesman, who heard that a friend had a problem asked if the iPhone was 3GS and explained these 600 baht units don't support that model.

I have related in another post how one of these little thing ( bought on eBay ) fried my 3Gs, the phone just stopped working after a few seconds, battery became super hot, and that was it.... I personally will never use another.