Uk Visit Visa

Right chaps,

At last the time has come to get the "Gf" a visit visa to the UK :D:D

A few queries:

1) I'm reasonably "clued up" on what I have to do and I've already written 8 pages worth of sponsorship letter/info on the supporting documents which will be included.

Do the following have to be original?

Council Tax demand? Mortgage Statement? Bank statements? Phone Bills? Utilities?

And can you get have any of them back after the ECO's have seen them and replace them with copies? Just need some of them for the accountant :D:)

2) Do you need an attested copy of all the pages of my passport, or just the photo page?

3) Do you have to have specific dates when the GF wants to "come and go". She's "between contracts" as she works in the USA for a cruise line.

Or is it better just to say 1 month or 6 weeks?

4) Also, I read somewhere it's worth doing a duplicate folder in case one get's lost and/or if the GF get's stopped at LHR (providing we're successful of course)

Thanks in advance :D

RAZZ

spacer.gif

Right chaps,

At last the time has come to get the "Gf" a visit visa to the UK :D:D

A few queries:

1) I'm reasonably "clued up" on what I have to do and I've already written 8 pages worth of sponsorship letter/info on the supporting documents which will be included.

Council Tax demand? Mortgage Statement? Bank statements? Phone Bills? Utilities?

And can you get have any of them back after the Eco's have seen them and replace them with copies? Just need some of them for the accountant :D:)

2) Do you need an attested copy of all the pages of my passport, or just the photo page?

3) Do you have to have specific dates when the GF wants to "come and go". She's "between contracts" as she works in the USA for a cruise line.

1) I'm reasonably "clued up" on what I have to do and I've already written 8 pages worth of sponsorship letter/info on the supporting documents which will be included

A sponsorship letter and a relationship history profile generally satisfy the ECO.

And can you get have any of them back after the Eco's have seen them and replace them with copies? Just need some of them for the accountant :D:D

ECO are aware that most people down load information via the INTERNET however we prefer to put an original and a photo copy of everything.

No we just copy the relevant pages from the passports but the choice is yours.

Why not explain you want the visa valid from x and she will be traveling within the 6 month window and intends to stay 4/6 weeks approx.

4) Also, I read somewhere it's worth doing a duplicate folder in case one get's lost and/or if the GF get's stopped at LHR (providing we're successful of course)

As advised we put original and copies with all applications when the file is returned the ECO will remove any relevant documents he requires.

The only thing I would add is that the sponsorship letter needs to be a readable length, don't forget the ECO doesn't have a great deal of time to make the decision, I think they would soon lose the plot with an eight page letter. I would try and make the letter short and concise, probably about three pages, perhaps highlighting the relevant points by using bullet points.

I agree with TVE suggesting original and copies, try putting them in a folder, though some people say VFS will take papers out of the folder they never have with me, number the sections and put an index at the front. Just try to ensure the application looks as professional and punchy as possible, that will make the job of the ECO a whole lot easier.

Good luck.

The only thing I would add is that the sponsorship letter needs to be a readable length, don't forget the ECO doesn't have a great deal of time to make the decision, I think they would soon lose the plot with an eight page letter. I would try and make the letter short and concise, probably about three pages, perhaps highlighting the relevant points by using bullet points.

I agree with TVE suggesting original and copies, try putting them in a folder, though some people say VFS will take papers out of the folder they never have with me, number the sections and put an index at the front. Just try to ensure the application looks as professional and punchy as possible, that will make the job of the ECO a whole lot easier.

Good luck.

Well, the "sponsorship" letter is about 3-4 pages. The other 4 are the index, and a more detailed explanation of included paperwork etc

One thing I forgot to add, I've read a lot of people say don't transfer any "large sums" of money prior to the application as it look's "dodgy". If I say "I'm paying for all the trip including her ticket and have sent £XXXX amount so she can buy a ticket" is that acceptable?

Thanks for the advice and best wishes.

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL

Well, the "sponsorship" letter is about 3-4 pages. The other 4 are the index, and a more detailed explanation of included paperwork etc

Sorry for the assumption, seem like you have it about right.

One thing I forgot to add, I've read a lot of people say don't transfer any "large sums" of money prior to the application as it look's "dodgy". If I say "I'm paying for all the trip including her ticket and have sent £XXXX amount so she can buy a ticket" is that acceptable?

Spot on, certainly last minute large deposits of cash might ring alarm bells, given the problems some people encounter with buying tickets with third party credit cards this seems a sensible solution, I am assuming you will mention this in your covering notes.

One again good luck to you both.

The ECOs do prefer, if possible, to see original documents, and if submitting copies only you should say why you cannot submit the originals. If you want the originals back then you should submit copies as well.

You should certainly submit copies of any pages in your passport that have Thai entry or exit stamps on them, to show how often you have visited her. I always think it's a good idea to provide copies of all the pages, including the blank ones; to show that they are blank.

Theoretically, there should be no need for her to carry a copy of the paperwork with her when she arrives in the UK. Immigration Officers can only question someone with a valid visa if they have grounds to suspect that the visa was obtained fraudulently or the person is seeking entrance for some purpose not covered by their visa. However, it's advisable to have it, and a note of your phone number, in her hand baggage; just in case.