PerfectPlayer TV (used to be PulseTV)

brewsterbudgen

Yes, have been with Pulse for four years - now PerfectPlayer.

Would say system is far from perfect! Main issues we have is when trying to play historical stuff rather than live. Get a stream of letters along the bottom of the screen and program will not play. Also suffer from long buffering times on a regular basis.

🍻

9 minutes ago, MarkT63 said:

Yes, have been with Pulse for four years - now PerfectPlayer.

Would say system is far from perfect! Main issues we have is when trying to play historical stuff rather than live. Get a stream of letters along the bottom of the screen and program will not play. Also suffer from long buffering times on a regular basis.

🍻

Yeah, me too.  They've told me a new server for SE Asia is being installed today which should improve the connection.

I've also not been able to connect to the Live Stream for CNN, Sky News and Fox News.

1 hour ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Yeah, me too.  They've told me a new server for SE Asia is being installed today which should improve the connection.

I've also not been able to connect to the Live Stream for CNN, Sky News and Fox News.

Let's hope things improve 🍻

On 2/27/2024 at 12:04 AM, brewsterbudgen said:

Yeah, me too.  They've told me a new server for SE Asia is being installed today which should improve the connection

Will you let us Know?

Me too. Had no issues for 4 years with Pulse, Perfect Player has awful buffering issues, also many of the programs are not titled when looking back on history. The support there are trying their best but if it continues I'll be looking elsewhere. If anyone has a suggestion of a similar service provider I'd like to hear about it. Thanks

Had hoped that things would improve but it is getting worse! Impossible to play anything on catch up and live TV just buffering all the time.

Any suggestions for an alternative provider please?

🍻

15 minutes ago, MarkT63 said:

Had hoped that things would improve but it is getting worse! Impossible to play anything on catch up and live TV just buffering all the time.

Any suggestions for an alternative provider please?

🍻

I'd like to know of alternatives too please.

If they have finished their upgrades I'd say they are in bother. Playback is about impossible and live channels not much better. Pulse wasn't perfect for me but far superior to this inappropriately names shambles.

What are the best alternatives?

It is disappointing.  The movie/TV series collection is better than Pulse, but not having working catch-up or some news live streams is annoying.  I was with Pulse for about 6 years and pay the whole year up front, so pretty much stuck with Perfect for the next few months.

Everyone says Wizz are good, but I worry that their servers are in Thailand so could get shut down like Expat TV.  Perfect have servers in Singapore so safer, but that's probably why there's so much buffering. 

Hey Guys

Finally got a decent response from their support team and it turns out the version we downloaded on instruction from Pulse is not the latest version. Following is the message in full:

"The latest version is 1.2.1 If you are not on that then click the option that says 'Check for updates'. After a few seconds It should then show a message at the bottom of the screen saying there is an update available and it will install shortly. Then it will open a page that asks you if you want to update the app, You click yes, Or Install if that is the option. The new version should then install.

Some boxes have a security feature switched on that doesn't allow the update. If that is the case for you then on that security message that pops up. You will be able to click settings. Which will take you to the security setting that allows you to move a slider next to 'Perfect' that allows the app to then install updates. Now if you go back to the perfect app settings and click that 'Check for updates' button it will this time install the update for you".

Will give it a go and see if it makes any difference - good luck!!

🍻

13 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Perfect have servers in Singapore so safer, but that's probably why there's so much buffering. 

Servers in Singapore should not cause any buffering, because every Thai ISP has a direct connection to Singapore, which is the hub for all submarine cables to Europe.

Most IPTV services have their servers in Europe, and they don't buffer.

Edited by BenStark

I updated to version 1.2.1 yesterday and it seems to have fixed the issue on two units but still major problems with main TV unit. Following back from them after further bouts of complaints (told them how pissed off we all were and we were all looking for a new supplier). Following response:

"Please stand by for an app update which will use a different delivery system, this will be running by the end of the weekend and will make things much smoother for Thailand based users. There will also be many new great features added in this update".

I am missing Great British Menu because of this :cheesy::cheesy:

🍻

On 3/2/2024 at 11:37 AM, MarkT63 said:

I updated to version 1.2.1 yesterday and it seems to have fixed the issue on two units but still major problems with main TV unit. Following back from them after further bouts of complaints (told them how pissed off we all were and we were all looking for a new supplier). Following response:

"Please stand by for an app update which will use a different delivery system, this will be running by the end of the weekend and will make things much smoother for Thailand based users. There will also be many new great features added in this update".

I am missing Great British Menu because of this :cheesy::cheesy:

🍻

Yes, I updated to the new version too.  Better movie/TV series selection and the Live TV stream is working well.  But still endless buffering issues with most catch-up TV.

This is intriguing - is it a new update and is it active yet?

5 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Yes, I updated to the new version too.  Better movie/TV series selection and the Live TV stream is working well.  But still endless buffering issues with most catch-up TV.

This is intriguing - is it a new update and is it active yet?

Things do seem to be better after the weekend but still far from "Perfect" 🍻 

I am finding very little information about this PerfectTV online... what's their price and do they offer a tvOS (AppleTV) app? Is there a channel list available somewhere? Do they offer HD or even Full HD and potentially 50fps for sports streams?

1 hour ago, Sambora said:

I am finding very little information about this PerfectTV online... what's their price and do they offer a tvOS (AppleTV) app? Is there a channel list available somewhere? Do they offer HD or even Full HD and potentially 50fps for sports streams?

You could try emailing them:  [email protected]