Dining Cruises In Chao Prya River

Isabellla

I can recommend Pearl of Siam dinner cruises, on board the boat called "Grand Pearl". The menu is buffet, and prices vary depending on which agent you use.

Lots of info available through google if you search for pearl of siam bangkok.

Shangri-La hotel also operates a dinner cruise- slightly more expensive than Pearl.

Any recommendation?

Prices?Menus?

|Thanks

I'd recommend Montien Riverside Hotel's dinner cruise.

http://www.montien.com/riverside/fb_montienthip.asp

Because there are no more than 8 or 10 tables on board (and when I took the cruise only 3 of them were occupied), it wasn't a buffet but a fixed set menu of authentic Thai food and it was very good. So it's a small, right size, open-air boat (no A/C, very nice breeze), not like those big ones that turns into a floating disco/karaoke bar. Crews and waitresses are friendly, well-mannered, speaks good English and very professional. Some of the waitresses perform Thai dance and traditional Thai musical instrument on board, which I found to be quite a good and professional performance for a small dinner cruise entertainment.

It's also a good sight seeing cruise. The boat took us to the Bangkok Noi Canal (just a few hundred meters from the river). They are equipped with a spot light to light up the Royal Barge in the shed, which I've never seen before I took this cruise. Wat Arun (temple of the dawn) was particularly bautiful at night.

I think the price per person was B1.500, but perhaps not net and I think it didn't include drinks. With beers and extra side dish I and my wife ordered (Montien serves Singapore style khao man gai which I love), we ended up paying over B4,000 for two. More expensive than dinner cruise by restaurants like Yok Yor Marina, but well worth the money :o

Edited by Nordlys

Some of those dinner cruises are not so great. Too crowded, lousy food and the band playng full blast thru cheap PA speakers.  Aaagghh! :o

I booked the boat named Wan-Fah for a dinner cruise. Old wooden barge.

Better than most I believe.

I've read some info regarding Wan_Fah. What kind of menu do they offer?HOw long the trip?Any additional info pls.

Thanks

Some of those dinner cruises are not so great. Too crowded, lousy food and the band playng full blast thru cheap PA speakers.  Aaagghh! :o

I booked the boat named Wan-Fah for a dinner cruise. Old wooden barge.

Better than most I believe.

I've read some info regarding Wan_Fah. What kind of menu do they offer?HOw long the trip?Any additional info pls.

Thanks

The Thai food was mild, prepared for tourist tastes. Had some Thai style carved vegetables, kinda upscale setting, with a musician playing a Thai instrument.

A couple of hours long.

It all could be different now since my cruise was several years back.

Can be booked at a kiosk at the Riverside complex I recall.