My Parrots Both Dead

what more can i say 2 metre snake got in killed my cockatoo and my electus devastated both good talkers wife is in bits and before any do gooders come out with the snake is only doing what snakes do i dont want to hear it time to do what man does before it gets one of my dogs next,or my daughter .Not sure what type it is dont much care its gotta go unless one of you potential steve irwins want to get it

Sorry to read that. :)

What size mesh do you use?

The only size to keep the Joe Blakes out is half inch.

My guys have their own room by the bike port, nothing gets in there except mozzies and there's an ultra violet trap for them. :D

Sorry to hear about your loss mate you must be gutted

Are you sure there dead, they might be just resting after a long squawk

That aside have you thought about a Norwegian Blue,

Beautiful plumage

:)

Edited by Slaps

was 2" mesh been in there for nearly 2 years just a few feathers this morning mozzie netting on the outside of the mesh but it got in somewere totallt piss-d off wife is out of her mind the cockatoo was her best mate we had her for 4 years got to get that snake before it gets her dog next.

as i say unfortunately not at home but friday its crossbow and snake time to meet my wife has seen it twice and so has the security they both say its over 2 metres and thicker than your arm so its dangerous to dangerous to be around were young kids live and pets.

Steve, if practical, try to get a roll of some 12.5mm avian Q mesh in the UK and put it in a cheap sports bag, the bigger the better.

Your loss must be around 20,000bt or more, apart from 2 beautiful companions.

The mesh here stinks of Zinc, it's crap quality.

as i say unfortunately not at home but friday its crossbow and snake time to meet my wife has seen it twice and so has the security they both say its over 2 metres and thicker than your arm so its dangerous to dangerous to be around were young kids live and pets.

what area steve (roughly, ie bkk or phuket) & I will see if I can help you find a snake catcher?

I couldnt find anywhere a snake catcher in Pattaya, but I have often seen those rescue squads catch and deal with problem snakes. Perhaps you should get your wife to ring the local police and ask them if they have a number for a snake catcher in the area. If you get one, post the number here so someone else next time will know who to contact.

better than killing it yourself, although you may still find it may end up on someones plate, i dunno. :)

Did your wife see the snake?

They seem like quite big birds, are you sure a snake could swallow them both and then get out through the 2" mesh?

Patrick

Edit : Afterthought!

Tell your wife to be careful the snake is not hiding somewhere in the cage to sleep off the meal!

Patrick

Edited by p_brownstone

probably got in where the meh meets the roof; we had our python try to get out of a similar type of cage for weeks and he finally did; managed to get in to the rabbit area the same method, pressing and pushing until the area joined between the roof and the mesh bent, and then he slithered in. couldnt get out though so thats how we caught up with him (years and years ago)....

yes a large python for instance would have no problem swalling two parrots (large rabbits like shitzus and other small animals are also easy game... the size of the body is not the size of unhinged snake jaws, but wierd that he isnt hanging around digesting which is what they would usually do.

bina

israel

Re Slaps, post #3 - made my day!

in response, I'd just like to say . . .

The plumage don't enter into it.

and

"You stunned him, just as he was wakin' up! Norwegian Blues stun easily"

my wife has seen the snake or snakes she thinks there are two at least three times and says they are over two metre and as thisck as her arm