What Kawasaki Ksr 110 Modifications Would You Recommend

Hi Guys, my first bike and my first posting on here

I have just bought a Kawasaki KSR 110 and I'm having lots of fun riding it, mostly on the roads due to the tires but I have also tried a little trail riding too which was cool. I do want to make a few changes as I can see that the top speed is about 90kph and obviously I would like to increase that (something to do with boring to make it 149cc) as well as changing the seat to a pillion (for the missus to bump along with) and exchanging the stock drab exhaust for something more appropriate. In short I want to increase the power, get some new off road tires and maybe bling it up a little too

So can anyone offer me advice as to how best to upgrade my wee beastie and/or point me in the right direction to a website that offers the parts and accessories for sale online. Its okay if its in Thai as the missus or my friends can take a look for me

Cheers guys

I am only familiar with Honda but I am sure just as much is available for Kawa. Going really big, for a 110, involves engine disassembly and machining but basis tuning can be done relatively easily.

High compression piston, big valve head, bigger carburettor with manifold, different cam and different exhaust. May not give huge improvements to 110cc but sounds nice and you'll have as much as you can easily get.

Caveat: once you have hi-comp piston you'll be joining the "where is the 95 octane " threads.

Hispeedpiston.com

http://ksr-racing.com/

and if you really must a 189cc kit

Many thanks guys, especially to VocalNeal for pointing out some pitfalls re 95 octane

As I mentioned, it is my first bike and I bought it for fun. Its small enough to fit in the back of my pick up and "occasionally" the missus will want to hop on to to burn around town. I am not looking to race, just have fun and bring a big smile to my face

My biggest gripe would be the power as it only hits 90kph (btw if the missus jumps on. it still hits 90kph easily).

I figure boosting the power to 125 or 149 cc would be ideal but I am wary of the "cons" being an inexperienced novice to mods so I am fishing for friendly advice that will help to bring me up to speed on the "do's and dont's" of modding this particular machine.

Thanks for the info so far and please do keep the friendly advice rolling

JAF

I am only familiar with Honda but I am sure just as much is available for Kawa. Going really big, for a 110, involves engine disassembly and machining but basis tuning can be done relatively easily.

High compression piston, big valve head, bigger carburettor with manifold, different cam and different exhaust. May not give huge improvements to 110cc but sounds nice and you'll have as much as you can easily get.

The <150cc big bores are simple bolt ons.. Once you start going to 170 and 190cc big bores I am told that you have to start looking to modify the clutch and I would have doubts about big end reliability..

Also can add a manual clutch and 6 speed box.. Theres really loads of mods for these..

Hi guys

Well the local shop was chockful of parts and advice and I ended up buying a twin exhaust for 9000 bht and a Taganawa S series 138cc engine upgrade for 16,900 which will be delivered and fitted tomorrow. Decided to veer away from a bigger seat and just encourage the missus to snuggle up closer. There is also a set of 1 month old taganawa wheels and tires for 15,000 bht that I might be tempted buy as the rrp is 21,500. Along with a little bling here and there and the job is a good un

Expensive little wee beastie but I love it all the more right now that it sounds like a rumbling monster

JAF

Whose the exhaust made by?

I not to sure who the exhaust is made by, but it is a very tidy piece of kit, silver and carbon and it adds oodles of charming growls as opposed to the electric whisper of the stock exhaust. After I get the engine upgraded tomorrow and a new back light put on, I will be sure to post some pics so you can have a closer look for your self

JAF

hi guys

Sorry I have not posted the pictures as promised but I have been having some teething problem with the Tagegawa 138cc upgrade, primarily being the case that the bike doesnt go any faster than 100 kph and I cannot figure out why.

Is there anyone who can tell me why I am not hitting speeds of 120-130kph that I had expected. 0-100kph is wonderful but nothing much happens after that

suggestions welcome please as to what I should be checking

JAF

hi guys

Sorry I have not posted the pictures as promised but I have been having some teething problem with the Tagegawa 138cc upgrade, primarily being the case that the bike doesnt go any faster than 100 kph and I cannot figure out why.

Is there anyone who can tell me why I am not hitting speeds of 120-130kph that I had expected. 0-100kph is wonderful but nothing much happens after that

JAF

How much do you weigh?

hi guys

JAF

How much do you weigh?

80 kg the last time I weighed myself and my missus is 48 kg, and the bike takes us both together at 100kph. And then she gets off and its still 100 kph so I dont think its a question of weight as such............ but I will try to be a little less rotund :)

JAF

The best modification?

Change to a Sachs KiAss 125! Much, much better and has everything allready in a better quality. Double alu exhaust, stainless brake tubes, double highbeam frontlights, upsidedown fork, wave brake, better seat for 2 people, seat position, 125cc, electric start, can be order also with real clutch. For the same price than a KSR a double value.

http://www.tigersachsclub.com/sproduct.html

The best modification?

Change to a Sachs KiAss 125! Much, much better and has everything allready in a better quality. Double alu exhaust, stainless brake tubes, double highbeam frontlights, upsidedown fork, wave brake, better seat for 2 people, seat position, 125cc, electric start, can be order also with real clutch. For the same price than a KSR a double value.

The best modification?

Nice.....seen a few of them knockin about...thought they were souped up KSR's :)

Still looking for a KSR upgrade place in Pattaya if anyone knows....cheers :D

The best modification?

The KSR and the Sachs get equal reviews albeit the Sachs wins out on initial power and the KSR wins out on endless modifications. Of course, my little KSR has more power now than the Sachs so I think I have the best of both worlds.

I did consider the Sachs and even went as far as ordering one but what the poster fails to mention is that there is 2-3 week waiting period for the Sachs, no local dealers to turn to and no accessories available. I played safe and feel happier doing so

JAF

The best modification?

The KSR and the Sachs get equal reviews albeit the Sachs wins out on initial power and the KSR wins out on endless modifications. Of course, my little KSR has more power now than the Sachs so I think I have the best of both worlds.

I did consider the Sachs and even went as far as ordering one but what the poster fails to mention is that there is 2-3 week waiting period for the Sachs, no local dealers to turn to and no accessories available. I played safe and feel happier doing so

JAF

Hi JAF,

Delivery time is 2 weeks and if you need assistance you can always contact support(at)tigersachsclub.com.

Accessories are not advertised from the manufacturer but sure can be found if looked for....

happy trails,

Tiger/Sachs Club - Mbox

I wont lie, there is a part of me that wishes I had gone for the Sachs..........The stock KSR is a nice bike but its disappointing at 90kph whereas the Sachs seems raring to go (albeit in 2 weeks time which was a killer for me). Add in the cost of modifications to my KSR for the 138cc upgrade, the exhausts and new Tagegawa wheels fitted with dunlops and I could have had both bikes for the same price.......... bugger, didn't stop to think about that until now hahaha

Then again, the KSR brings a huge smile to my face when I am riding it and with the mods done, it will definately "kickass" when its finished.

JAF

I wont lie, there is a part of me that wishes I had gone for the Sachs..........The stock KSR is a nice bike but its disappointing at 90kph whereas the Sachs seems raring to go (albeit in 2 weeks time which was a killer for me). Add in the cost of modifications to my KSR for the 138cc upgrade, the exhausts and new Tagegawa wheels fitted with dunlops and I could have had both bikes for the same price.......... bugger, didn't stop to think about that until now hahaha

Then again, the KSR brings a huge smile to my face when I am riding it and with the mods done, it will definately "kickass" when its finished.

JAF

Honestly, it doesn't really matter what you could have done with that money and how many bikes you could have bought...the most important is what i made to bold. :)

Hope you enjoy the rides on it,

happy trails,

Tiger/Sachs Club-Mbox

maybe it is geared to low and you need a back wheel sproket with more teeth?

In order to make it even slower at the top end?

Call Vic Rom at Red Baron in bkk as you will learn nothing here.

sorry, my mistake, ment sprocket with less teeth on the back wheen or more teeth on the gearbox. I am not a bike expert but have done Kart and car racing and if it is geared wrong the increase in power will not help it go any faster once it reached max revs. Thinking it is a gearing problem rather than an engine problem because the top speed performance is not changed with the change in weight.

maybe it is geared to low and you need a back wheel sproket with more teeth?

In order to make it even slower at the top end?

Call Vic Rom at Red Baron in bkk as you will learn nothing here.

sorry, my mistake, ment sprocket with less teeth on the back wheen or more teeth on the gearbox. I am not a bike expert but have done Kart and car racing and if it is geared wrong the increase in power will not help it go any faster once it reached max revs. Thinking it is a gearing problem rather than an engine problem because the top speed performance is not changed with the change in weight.

Appreciate the info but the general consensus amongst the thais that I spoke to is that the bike will not go any faster than 100 kph, something to do with the "wow" which I think means "baffler".

I am a novice so I am relying on the expertise of others to guide my decisions but I do know that it reaches 100kph with oodles of throttle left.......... twisting on the remainder of that just makes the exhaust sound better so your explanation makes some kinda sense to me at least...I shall pass the info onto the mechanic and see if he see the logic in what you say

Thanks for your input

JAF

I remember now my mate who owns one saying he'd got it to 100 so maybe it is just it's limit. To be honest though a bike that size you probably don't want to be going over 100 anyway. I doubt it'd feel that safe/stable.

well i had a bike with the same 110cc engine as the ksr (kwasaki scooter)and that would do 110-120 indicated revved out with a 100kg rider onboard.

I WOULD GUESS that the carb needs changing for a larger one and you have to regear.

Edited by thaicbr

well i had a bike with the same 110cc engine as the ksr (kwasaki scooter)and that would do 110-120 indicated revved out with a 100kg rider onboard.

I WOULD GUESS that the carb needs changing for a larger one and you have to regear.

I bought the TAKEGAWA Hyper S-Stage Kit 138cc for KSR110 shown here http://www.bcmotors.co.th/product-EngineTr...ission-9-1.html comes with a new carb included in the kit. As for regearing, is that a question of changing the cog as mentioned in an earlier posting ?

Cheers

JAF

i would suggest googling ksr owners clubs then asking the question on the forum. it sounds to me that either the cdi is restricting things (something that kawasaki is famous for) or both the carb and cdi need sorting.

also you said there were lots of parts for the ksr you were correct but blimey they are SO EXPENSIVE. the clutch kit for example 13,000b + fitting compared to the Sachs at 5,000b fitted. wow

Edited by thaicbr