Tax Increase On Alcohol To Hit Foreigners And Benefit Tourist Police

Rimmer

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Some off topic and offensive posts have been removed - please keep it civil guys :D

You, global moderators, can you follow fast enough to remove the "date-reminders" for this topic of today??? :D

Tomorrow will be another day indeed... :D:D:)

So far they haven't, they are lagging three to four posts currently. Just update a few times and their struggle becomes clear!

20 B on alcohol drinks sold to foreigners,

Its a shame and very sad people who making this rules i feel realy sorry for them, what is there next step.

White people banned on the streets between 19.00 and 07.00 :)

Crazy

more important, how are your dreams lately?

Agree, :D

Wil inform you within 5 minutes, today lottery day.

After the 20 B extra on my beer i cant effort to buy the lottery anymore, so today is the day.

A few years ago a train crash in Phuket killed hundreds of falangs.

Then falangs were told they had to pay extra for a gadget to get on the internet

Now we're being Taxed extra on alchohol. What is this country coming to ?

I'm leaving .........

Just ask a Thai to buy a bottle for you if we (the foreigners) with 'shameless behavior' are to pay 20 baht more.

Either that or stay away from booze and don't support their reasoning. Besides, if it works once, they'll do it again.

I'm sure plenty of people will still buy and support it and give them justification for their 'righteousness'.

Isn't it a little arrogant to class all foreigners with 'shameless behavior?' Wow, they really like us, don't they.

I earn about 6000 baht a month, (same as a large percentage of Thais) and pay all my bills etc. but because of my skin/race, I must pay more. If this is not racist, then I am completely confused ?

Don't drink.

Don't care!

Well you should drink and then you would have something better to do with your time, instead of posting about things that don't concern you. It is often said never trust a man that doesn't drink as he has something to hide. Which begs the question what r u hiding, over here in the land of smiles and don't drink. Mmmm i wonder.

I couldn´t agree more, NEVER EVER trust a men who doesn´t drink. Been there and try´d it but will never trust people like that again.

And another thing what date is it today again :):D :D :D

Edited by scania

Then falangs were told they had to pay extra for a gadget to get on the internet

I'm leaving .........

You can return tomorrow

Just ask a Thai to buy a bottle for you if we (the foreigners) with 'shameless behavior' are to pay 20 baht more.

Either that or stay away from booze and don't support their reasoning. Besides, if it works once, they'll do it again.

I'm sure plenty of people will still buy and support it and give them justification for their 'righteousness'.

Isn't it a little arrogant to class all foreigners with 'shameless behavior?' Wow, they really like us, don't they.

APRILS FOOLS DAY IS IT NOT????

I'm leaving .........

Yes, its time for us farangs to choose a colour for our new t-shirts...then we will storm the offices of THAIVISA and hold them hostage until they send us all an email saying that everything is fine and beer is free for foreigners :):D:D:D:D

" The proposal is being heavily criticized by the Thai Brewers Association, who fears a decrease in sales and claim that their members are already under pressure because of the economic crisis and global warming. "

How are the brewers affected by the global warming?

:):D:D

Just heard that a mate is doing a beer run from outside McDonalds on Beach Road at 11am. Beer is still available cheaply in Chonburi town so the plan is to rent a baht bus for a couple of hours and head there. Anyone who wants to come along be waiting there at 11am. Identify yourself as a thrifty expat by wearing a loud Hawaiian shirt tucked into waist high cargo shorts, white socks and sandals.

Down boys, down boys!! Doesn't anyone realize what this story really is? LOOK AT THE DATE on it. Unbelievable.

As I was in a serious accident last sonkran and enjoyed the senastion of sliding across the road at high speed whilst using my body as a brake, followed getting the 'mai pen rai' or 'its our holiday - you are rich - blah blah' lines from the locals whilst I am standing there coverd in blood, I suggest songran is banned and returned as a religious event within temple grounds only.

Raise alcohol prices in Pattaya? - good, it may weed out some of less desirable 'long stay' types. This would have a been a perfectly acceptable basis for rasing prices anyway.

QUOTE (needforspeed @ 2010-04-01 10:15:56)

20 B on alcohol drinks sold to foreigners,

Its a shame and very sad people who making this rules i feel realy sorry for them, what is there next step.

White people banned on the streets between 19.00 and 07.00

Crazy

Followed by a move of all non-asian foreigners to detention centers and labour camps. The middle finger has definitely been raised high in the air and I, for one, no longer recommend Thailand as a place to do business or visit in Asia. The last person out, please turn off the lights. Or dont. Who cares.

HAHAHA.....this is just too funny....although I have not yet moved there, the time is coming very soon.....quite liking the sense of humor on here so far, not to mention the adherence to some good ole fashion tradition.....ho hum ho hum....I wonder how many others are having the same thoughts I am about this right now? Just too funny!! :)

Edited by mzmann

Just heard that a mate is doing a beer run from outside McDonalds on Beach Road at 11am. Beer is still available cheaply in Chonburi town so the plan is to rent a baht bus for a couple of hours and head there. Anyone who wants to come along be waiting there at 11am. Identify yourself as a thrifty expat by wearing a loud Hawaiian shirt tucked into waist high cargo shorts, white socks and sandals.

don't stop at chonburi.....i can just see the new headline:

"Today a new group has enterd Thailands political melee , they are calling themselves the FFBT Freedom From Beer Tax Party and are better known as SUEA HAWAII.......today they stormed govt offices carrying esky's full of beer and armed with bottle openers and 20 baht flip flops....under the force of this tidal wave the govt has no option but to dissolve.....:

:):D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Edited by bloody tiger