Thai Visa Sold To Iranian Media Mogul

bkkjames

According to sources, Thaivisa.com : the worlds biggest expat forum has been acquired by the leading media organisation in Iran.

Commenting on the purchase, TV originator and principle George said, "They made us an offer we couldn't refuse, so we took it."

It is not clear if the website will remain as it currently is or will evolve to take on a more pro-Iranian point of view. It has been suggested that George had two offers on the table - one from N. Korea and the one he accepted from Iran.

George added, "The short guy with the bad sense of fashion promised us that if we sold him the website we could get free visas to Iran for life under the new programme Iranian Elite Card. Compared to the offer from N.Korea that amounted to 100 USD and a life, we thought the former represented a better deal."

Commenting on what this will mean for TV's members, SBK - Global Admin chimed in, "To be honest I don't really care. Iran has a long history of promoting woman's rights and freedom of speech so this seems on the surface a good deal for all parties concerned."

When queried that under the new regime TV members will have to pay 1 baht for every post, a stern no comment was all that was offered.

The poor Iranians would be killed for buying a site that has a free flow of thought.

Looks like they'll be just fine then.

you miss the point, it's the Government that bought it - not gonna shoot themselves would they?

The poor Iranians would be killed for buying a site that has a free flow of thought.

Looks like they'll be just fine then.

you miss the point, it's the Government that bought it - not gonna shoot themselves would they?

boss not in today james? :)

How dare they sell this board to a terrorist state! This is my final positing here before I emigrate to a civilised country I feel let down by George and the TV team. Who has ownership of my posts?

Oh, it's April 1 today. Hahahaha - you certainly got me there. Nice one BKKjames. :)

( Now does anyone have a smiley with a little guy holding a gun to his head. )

That's the lamest April Fool so far.

Yet you read it and still replied. Speaks volumes :)

No, it doesn't speak volumes. just what I said. LAME.

Try and be a bit more imaginative next year.

Just admit it, you are jealous. It's ok. I hear there is a page on here dedicated to it. :D

Does anybody know of good hotels in Tehran near the ents complex with no guest fees..know wot I mean...nudge nudge......yala yalla.... :)

also where can I do a visa run...Iraq/Afghanistan

Does anybody know of good hotels in Tehran near the ents complex with no guest fees..know wot I mean...nudge nudge......yala yalla.... :)

According to the new owners of the website, free pre-screening of all visa applicants will be made courtesy of the Revolutionary Guard. If approved, they will put you a boat and sent out into the Straits of Hermoomoo's on a wooden raft with a big sign that says "We Love Nucluar Power".

A special VIP TV Member clause will be grandfathered in allowing those of us actually in Thailand to qualify automatically - assuming we are only staying their for less than 90 days. Multiple entries are allowed but only from the front.

Edited by bkkjames

April Fools Day. The poor Iranians would be killed for buying a site that has a free flow of thought. We don't even have a sex with animals thread.

:D :D What a great April Fool Statement :)

Btw. this Topic is clearly not Thailand related (Thaivisa is hosted in Singapore, owned by Iranians)

Mods please close this thread, or better delete it.

Edited by CHdiver

April Fools Day. The poor Iranians would be killed for buying a site that has a free flow of thought. We don't even have a sex with animals thread.

Btw. this Topic is clearly not Thailand related (Thaivisa is hosted in Singapore, owned by Iranians)

Mind your own business..clearly with a name having the word Thai in it, makes it so. :D

That's the lamest April Fool so far.

Yet you read it and still replied. Speaks volumes :)

No, it doesn't speak volumes. just what I said. LAME.

Try and be a bit more imaginative next year.

I must have missed your effort? Can you provide a link please? Sour puss....

Yeah, that's really the April fools part... :D:D

I suspect that most of those hotels would tell you to 'Burkha Off', to which one should reply, "yes ! That's the general idea !". :D

Does this mean there will be an emphasis on more positive stories about Kathoeys? Seems everytime there's a mugging story it is always some Iranian orweird guy from the Gulf states getting waylaid by a transvestite they took back to a room.

Does this mean there will be an emphasis on more positive stories about Kathoeys? Seems everytime there's a mugging story it is always some Iranian orweird guy from the Gulf states getting waylaid by a transvestite they took back to a room.

Apparently yes.

Thaivisa News as We See It Now Newsclipping Section: Courtesy of Al Jazeerah

Today in Pattaya or Bangkok, an Iranian National was assaulted by a man dressed up as a lady, while he was back in his hotel room discussing where to find the best places to visit in the country.

The embarrassed man who shall remain nameless said, "I met this lady on the street at 2 am while coming back from shopping and she said that she could show me her best parts - I assumed she meant the city. Only when I got back to my hotel room and I asked her to show me her favorite locations, she demanded 2000 Baht for up to 3 hours of counselling. I obliged, next thing you know I woke up in the morning and she stole everything including the 3 million baht in jewels I had under my pillow".