Se Asia's Most Anal Traveller...have You Seen Him ?

roamer

I've met a few strange ones over the years and this guy is right up there, check him out.

Someone, somewhere must have had the misfortune of meeting him ? Maybe you got to sample his Magellan's Travel Toilet Tissue before he demonstrated him Groommate Platinum XL nose hair trimmer ?

The worrying thing is there are probably TV members who think this guy travels light... :)

Please stay home !

PS. He is probably also recognisable by his Eagle Creek UnderCover™ Leg Stash. :D :D

Edited by roamer

At one point he says 'I am a sucker' and another 'Until I get robbed'.

I take this as an open invitation. Lets borrow all his stuff when he reaches Thailand and follow his blog closely. Should make for fun reading. :D

Makes me feel inadequate with my spare pair of shorts and a couple of t-shirts.... :)

Edited by smokie36

I think the only reason he wrote that blog is to profit from all the affiliate links that he has provided for each of those 'quality' items.

Simon

Actually, I take that comment back. Many of the links go directly to the product website. Now I realise this guy is an idiot because he is missing out on affiliate revenues that could perhaps fund his world trip

Edited by simon43

First blog entry.

Just got mugged of all my possessions within 10 minutes of arriving at Mor Chit bus station. Then the police picked me up for having no passport and I'm currently in IDC as 2 rather large Nigerian gentlemen eye my buttocks with relish. HELP ME MUMMY!

Well, I think he is jolly well prepared and has spent a lot of time and money getting the right kit. Ray Mears would be proud of him.

May be not so well prepared...anyone see any condom's ??....you know.... to carry water in... :)

He's got condoms, two brands, just in case he gets lucky he can offer his partner a choice of 'Okamoto Beyond Crown Condoms, Durex Extra Sensitive Condoms'

Nice backpack though and the hat is pretty cool too. Although I managed to get round the world with a 30 quid backpack from Army & Navy stores and half a dozen plastic bags.

May be not so well prepared...anyone see any condom's ??....you know.... to carry water in... :)

Yes, they are there !

This guy has some severe form of OCD, I do like the nose hair trimmer though !

It's almost unbelievable that he took a photo of the inside of his shoe.

Edited by ukrules

The questions in my head are;

1) where is he going to put any clothes after packing all the other pointless crap in his bag?

and

2) does he actually have any money left after buying all that pointless crap?

I guess it is all down to the way we think. I am pretty sure I have exactly the same pair of trainers as this guy (collecting scorpions in the outhouse no doubt), but I bought them because they were on sale and looked ok. Not this guy! He understands every scientific and design principle behind the shoe in order to confirm it is what he needs. I just don't think like that, certainly when I buy stuff.

His writing is funny too --

I feel a little cliche about being so excited about this camera, since it seems that the whole internet can't stop talking about it, but I really have to agree.
So he imagines his audience as obsessed as he is about this stuff. The whole internet indeed. Edited by Jingthing

:)

I started out wanting to punch him whilst wearing those gloves that have the patches that harden on impact but found myself wanting to get some of the stuff he has! :D then I wanted to punch him for making me want some of the stuff he has and showing me his rucksack (unzipped). And for telling me that his binoculars turn into a makeshift microscope!

Now I want to add him to my list of things that are bothering me today http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Bothering-t352695.html

BTW has anyone checked out his itinerary???

According to his google map he's going everywhere, literally everywhere in the world apart from Antarctica and the Arctic! he says 'it looks like i might be doing a little travelling this year' !!!

Edited by bifftastic