Waterproof Camera Case?

jkfkr

Has anyone seen any kind of generic waterproof camera cases for sale somewhere?

Something like this would be ideal:

http://www.aquapac.net/usstore/camera-case...420-1632-0.html

Surely I can't be the only one who would like one during the songkran festivities.

I thought I'd go to Airport Plaza to check out the stores there, but then someone might have precise info here.

Thanks in advance.

If you have a decent model Canon they do a waterproof case that you take underwater with you. The catch is that they are 7,000 Bt. Better to spend a few thousand on a cheap camera and wrap in a plastic bag. You can still take pictures without running the risk of damaging a good camera. Personally I leave my camera at home during Songkran.........in fact I stay at home.

I went to the usual suspects in Airport Plaza. Found one case that would have been perfect if my camera would have been a little bit smaller (or the bag a little bit bigger), found nothing at the shop recommended by a certain riverside restaurateur, who shall remain nameless (because Gonzo is humble like that), and found nothing in the couple of camera shops I went to in Panthip.

The guy in the last shop I went to was clever and said: "we have a waterproof camera". So now I have a pink, waterproof and plasticcy Fuji. I figured a decent case will cost me 1000-2000 and this was 3990.

Here's my first test pic of the camera salesdude:

http://janikyllonen.com/index.php?showimage=456

Save yourself money and just get slightly thick clear plastic bags. Double bag if youre worried. :)

Thats what my friend did 2 years ago, and her camera is still clicking away.

Edited by Yunnie

I went to the usual suspects in Airport Plaza. Found one case that would have been perfect if my camera would have been a little bit smaller (or the bag a little bit bigger), found nothing at the shop recommended by a certain riverside restaurateur, who shall remain nameless (because Gonzo is humble like that), and found nothing in the couple of camera shops I went to in Panthip.

The guy in the last shop I went to was clever and said: "we have a waterproof camera". So now I have a pink, waterproof and plasticcy Fuji. I figured a decent case will cost me 1000-2000 and this was 3990.

Here's my first test pic of the camera salesdude:

http://janikyllonen.com/index.php?showimage=456

Photo looks great....... camera must be great also,,,,,,, you can't even see the water....

Now one question..... you had all those colors to choose from and you chose PINK ! !

and one more thing..... a camera that expensive would at least take a picture of itself...

:)

signed: His Humbleness

Edited by Gonzo the Face

yup its got to be a flash one at that price, i shutter to think what you would get for something less, perhaps a purple one?

i think you get the picture or havent you clicked yet? :D

hows that Gonzo? :)

yup its got to be a flash one at that price, i shutter to think what you would get for something less, perhaps a purple one?

i think you get the picture or havent you clicked yet? :D

hows that Gonzo? :)

His Humbleness the teacher gives you a 99.9 % ,...... you spelled lavender wrong.

:D

..... and to BArt [thats short for Black Artemis]

You paid $400. for a camera and used it snorkleing ????

wouldn't it have been a lot cheaper to get one of those hose-pipe thingys you stick in your mouth ???

:D