Finding A 2 Bedroom Place To Rent, Where To Look?

nong38

I am a retired brit looking to arrive in Pattaya in august and look to rent a 2 bedroom bungalow/townhouse, any suggestions on where to look, good estate agents or whoever does that sort of thing in Thailand. Had a friend who said he paying about 5000/6000 bts a month in East Pattaya, any help or suggestions would be gratefully recieved.

East Pattaya, Soi Khaotalo, Ekmongol 4 ... lots of 2 bedroom houses.... just have a look around on your bike for the rent signs. Probably pay about 8 k -10 k a month... depending on how it is furnishied.

I lived up there before...nice atmosphere and probably the best of the 3 main Sois in East Pattaya (other 2 are Nerplubwan and Khao Noi)

Edited by William Osborne

East Pattaya, Soi Khaotalo, Ekmongol 4 ... lots of 2 bedroom houses.... just have a look around on your bike for the rent signs. Probably pay about 8 k -10 k a month... depending on how it is furnishied.

I lived up there before...nice atmosphere and probably the best of the 3 main Sois in East Pattaya (other 2 are Nerplubwan and Khao Noi)

Thank you William, you do not recommend any estate agents like we have in UK?

"get on your bike" some may recommend estate agents, I wouldn't, finding the property yourself will guarantee you get a better price as the agents generally charge the owner a months rent for letting the property, I would suggest you also try Chatapruk 2 and Taanman road areas, these are a little further towards Sattahip but easier for Jomtien and shopping at Lotus etc.

check the local websites, http://www.rethai.com/ has a couple, agencies around might have more but it's a bit low for them...

best bet is to drive around and find the small 'condo / apartment' buildings (like 4-5 story high shophouses).

A friend of mine rented a half decent clean place on Soi Boukao for 6k a month... only problem with places like that is they put on 100%+ for electricity (so if you use 2k a month, they'll bill you 4k).

on the darksite (East of the train tracks) you can get a small house (1-2 room) for 4-6k unfurnished, 6-8 furnished, but the upside is electric and water you pay the government direct, so the extra 1-2k you'd be saving in electricity you're paying in rent.

try to find a place where you can pay electric gov direct, otherwise they'll charge you whatever they want for it. even make up fake numbers to make the extra money.

Go 4.5 km east, turn right go 1.2 km and turn left. go 0.5 km and you'll be there. Not sure where this is???, but given the information you give on your lifestyle (why 2 BR, why not 1 or 3 or 100????), preferences, etc, it is as good as anywhere else that may be recommended. You get the prize for the worst post in the last 5*** year (and maybe more)!

No need to here, as there is such a glut of properties, plus they are only looking for commission so not interested in renting anything below 10k (at least they weren't before)... most people just put a "for rent" sign on the gate.

1 month up front and 1 month advance is the norm.

Go 4.5 km east, turn right go 1.2 km and turn left. go 0.5 km and you'll be there. Not sure where this is???, but given the information you give on your lifestyle (why 2 BR, why not 1 or 3 or 100????), preferences, etc, it is as good as anywhere else that may be recommended. You get the prize for the worst post in the last 5*** year (and maybe more)!

Are you having a bad day today or what?

I think you win that prize.

Actually, my day has been pretty good. If you (or Tropo) can make any sense of the OP or think that there is a modicum of relevant/useful information provided, then you are better men than I (which I am sure that you both are). "Where can I find a 2 bedroom accomodation in Pattaya?" Are you kidding -- every street in Pattaya and within a 10 km radius thereof has one. On a scale of 0 to 10 (in my opinion) the OP gets a -5 (being generous). You are, of course, free to feel differently. When people make such rediculous posts they should be told so, so that, hopefully, the quality of the posts will improve and people won't waste their time with this kind of dribble. And maybe one of you two can tell me where in Pattaya I can find a 7/11? Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Actually, my day has been pretty good. If you (or Tropo) can make any sense of the OP or think that there is a modicum of relevant/useful information provided, then you are better men than I (which I am sure that you both are). "Where can I find a 2 bedroom accomodation in Pattaya?" Are you kidding -- every street in Pattaya and within a 10 km radius thereof has one. On a scale of 0 to 10 (in my opinion) the OP gets a -5 (being generous). You are, of course, free to feel differently. When people make such rediculous posts they should be told so, so that, hopefully, the quality of the posts will improve and people won't waste their time with this kind of dribble. And maybe one of you two can tell me where in Pattaya I can find a 7/11? Your help will be greatly appreciated.

There's nothing wrong with asking the question "where can I find a 2 bedroom accommodation in Pattaya". It's an invitation for anyone who knows of a 2 bedroom apartment to rent to help out. 2 bedroom apartments are a lot harder to find than 1 bedroom and studio apartments.

You can a prize to for wasting your time and mine with special commendation for being rude!! Congratulations, is that really what senioe members do on this site?

I live on Eakmongkol 4 (Soi Khaotalo) on the east side of Pattaya and there are plenty of two bedroom townhouses, bungalows and two-storey houses for rent.

Depending on the standard and quality will determine how much you pay.

Quality furnished townhouse: 12.000 baht up.

Average townhouse: 8000 baht up

Mid to Low quality furnished townhouse: 8.000 baht down

Three bed roomed bungalow: 18-20.000 baht minimum, furnished

Two storey's, three bed roomed house: 20.000+ baht furnished

Bear in mind due to a lack of punters it's a renters market so negotiate all rental quotes downwards.

The ball's in your court.

Edited by nam-thip

I live on Eakmongkol 4 (Soi Khaotalo) on the east side of Pattaya and there are plenty of two bedroom townhouses, bungalows and two-storey houses for rent.

Depending on the standard and quality will determine how much you pay.

Quality furnished townhouse: 12.000 baht up.

Average townhouse: 8000 baht up.

Mid to Low quality furnished townhouse: 8.000 baht down.

Three bed roomed bungalow: 18-20.000 baht minimum, furnished.

Two storey's, three bed roomed house: 20.000 + baht furnished.

Thank you all for your advice and thoughts. it has been invaluable, I will be down to have a look round within a week, thanks again even the 7 / 11 year old senior member, he was areal hoot was he not, enjoy the rest of the day.

Bear in mind due to a lack of punters it's a renters market so negotiate all rental quotes downwards.

The ball's in your court.

[/ Quote].

There are plenty of cheap houses for rent in East Pattaya. The more important question is how nice are they? Are they dumpy places or brand new?

The answer to your question is in the different prices i've quoted which is what this guy requested.

Want brand new: Available

Want mid-range: Available

Want old: Available

Want dirty: Available

There are also top end houses with swimming pool and top notch furniture if you can afford to fork out over 40.000+ baht a month.

If you want a cheap and nasty house or a one roomed hong they are also available.

This is what 20.000 baht a month gets you.

post-36162-1270337663_thumb.jpg

post-36162-1270337735_thumb.jpg

Edited by nam-thip