Photographer Needed.

I will be back in LOS end of May. I need to get some pictures taken for a new project, profile, portfolio type stuff. I am a tattoo artist and heavily tattooed so the emphasis needs to be a bit moody??? or creative at the very least.

Think Miami Ink type stuff (I am aware it sounds gay but everyones at it). Either a studio shoot or my place can be used so long as you have your own equipment, lighting etc. I am looking for proffesional shots and will be happy to pay a fee for this, the shots will be used for a website and also convention promotion and perhaps some products also in the near future.

I would appreciatte any help.... advice or direction I am thinking a farang for the job as sometimes Thai creativity does not work in the west if that makes sense?

Pattaya if it's my studio (tattoo studio but lots of space) or can travel to BKK to visit a studio, the pictures will be of me and if possible my dogs: two english bull terriers who are both well trained and well mannered, well one of them is the other one is young so a bit hyper but she is a good girl.

An idea of cost would be helpful, even is someone can't help but has an idea of what I should expect to pay for say a half day shoot?

Not sure if theres that many foriegners in Thailand with work permits for photography, it being one of the protected occupations and all.

No it isn't.

http://www.mfa.nl/contents/pages/10651/for...businessact.pdf

The one STILL PINNED ON THAI VISA is the 1979 Act.

RAZZ

Interesting, I wonder if there has been any amendments? I also beleive the list has been changed from time to time. I've read in a couple of places (trying to remember them all) that photography was on the list. I'm glad you've posted the act of parliment, but as I said I wonder if its been kept up to date with amendments.

I've found photography on the list on several site, of course whether they are reliable is another thing :) I found this list on thaiembassy.com & it includes photography.

Prohibited Types of Work

The Thai government categorized jobs to determine which are ok and which are not for foreigners who wanted to work inside the country. They worry that foreigners will grab the jobs away from the locals, and so they deemed some jobs as exclusive for the thai people only.

However, all the businesses outside these categories are exempted from prohibition. Listed below are the prohibited work categories for a foreigner to engage into:

Category A:

1. Agriculture: rice farming, salt farming;
  2. Service Business: accounting, farming animals, architecture, hair dressing, barber & beautician industry, advertising, brokerage & auctioning, building industry;
  3. Commercial Business: land trade, internal trade in local agricultural products

Category B:

1. Agriculture Business: silkworm raising, husbandry, timber & fishing, floral and cultivation;
  2. Industrial & Handicraft: Rice milling, flour, sugar, alcohol & non-alcoholic drinks, ice cream, pharmaceuticals, wood carving, manufacturing of garments, shoes, furniture, jewelry, printing and newspaper publishing, silk industry;
  3. Commercial: all retailing industries not mention in category c, selling of foods, drinks, antiques & fine arts;
  4. Service Industry: Hotel, tour agency, photography, laundry service & dress making;
  5. Utility Services: water, electricity, land and transportation

& I just went directly to the thailand board of investment site and photography is NOT listed on the prohibited list, so i stand corrected, it would seem theres about 3 or 4 websites that state differently, so i wonder if at some stage it was? :)

& I just went directly to the thailand board of investment site and photography is NOT listed on the prohibited list, so i stand corrected, it would seem theres about 3 or 4 websites that state differently, so i wonder if at some stage it was? :)

It was on the list.

The list of prohibited occupations pinned on Thai Visa and several other websites is from 1979. It was only through some additoinal research that I found that it was amended in 1999...which is good news :D

RAZZ

It was on the list.

The list of prohibited occupations pinned on Thai Visa and several other websites is from 1979. It was only through some additoinal research that I found that it was amended in 1999...which is good news :D

RAZZ

INDEED sir :D

Not sure if theres that many foriegners in Thailand with work permits for photography, it being one of the protected occupations and all.
Pattaya if it's my studio (tattoo studio but lots of space) or can travel to BKK to visit a studio, the pictures will be of me and if possible my dogs: two english bull terriers who are both well trained and well mannered, well one of them is the other one is young so a bit hyper but she is a good girl.

An idea of cost would be helpful, even is someone can't help but has an idea of what I should expect to pay for say a half day shoot?

Now folks lets get back to the ORIGINAL POST please. :D

Sawadee :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I am a photographer up here in Khon kaen, and would be interested in doing some photography for you in Pattaya, at your studio would be fine. I have very good photographic equipment,but a little limited as to what I can travel with. I use natural light when I can, its much better to work with. I am a keen follower of Miami ink too, so I think I know where you are coming from. I have done a couple of websites here in khon kaen for a couple of english friends too. If you are interested in seeing some of my work, you are more than welcome to PM me look forward to hearing from you. The two dogs will be fine too,as long as they dont bite