Pattaya Developers Quaking In Their Boots?

sharecropper

Still, an interesting story running in the Phuket forum that resonates across many developments in Pattaya viz: international advertisements brought in money for still-unbuilt developments. CEO arrested for fraud (of which he may be innocent, of course).

Is the only difference between notable unbuilts in Pattaya and the one in the Phuket case that no building permit was issued?

Then again when have any (of the many) developers and agents in Pattaya accused of scams or fraud ever been successfully prosecuted in court?

THose cases must be like a giant cash cow from Heaven for the BIB.

Any one buying off plan, over here, must be off there rocker. As seem's 90% dont happen. Even buying after they have been compleated. Is a dodgey thing. Have a girl friend, farang of mine, move into a house Pattaya. And had nothing but problem's. Substandard building, when she asked the builder to put it right, yes of course no problem, but she would have to pay. That was three year's ago. Still in the hand's of the lawyer's. Has now cost more than the repair's. Good game this house/condo buying A.

It would be good to see some sort of action happen in Pattaya to help stop the problems we keep reading about here.

BTW You were up and about very early today Mr. Sharecropper, Five O'Clock no less :)

^ What can I say. My devotion to abusing "underperforming" property developers on Thai Visa knows no bounds - or international boundaries, more to the point. I have escaped Songkran early. :D

Feel free to close it when ready.......that's what usually happens to my developer topics (usually at your nail-challenged hands).

In fact I know how to get it closed right now but would be silly to go there (literally and metaphorically)...... :)

Most problems can be avoided by buying second hand property. It has taken time but now my house is fully operational. All alterations and enhancements have been undertaken by myself - just to make sure that everything was to a professional standard.