Countries Asked To Repatriate Thaksin

webfact

Countries Asked to Repatriate Thaksin

BANGKOK: -- The Thai government has asked foreign countries where fugitive former premier Thaksin Shinawatra is expected to land to help repatriate him to face charges in Thai court.

Speaking during his participation in the Haiti Donors Conference in the United States, Foreign Minister Kasit Piromya said the government has asked counties with good relations with Thailand to extradite fugitve former prime minister Thaksin Shinwtra if he is on their soil.

Kasit also reiterated the United States has already notified his ministry over its ban on Thaksin from using its territory as the platform to wage his political struggle in Thailand.

Kasit then cast doubt over Swedish government's failure to send Thaksin back to Thailand while he was on its land, saying this may not be in line with its adherence to the principles of democracy and transparency.

He also expressed his disappointment with Moscow's ignorance to inform Thailand about its decision against the repatriation of Thaksin. Kasit hoped there will be explanation during the Thai prime minister's visit to Russia in June.

Commenting on the current political situation, the minister said all parties must seek ways out together and he suggested a new round of political reform with every segments in the society participating could help ease the tension.

He also termed the recent open-door negotiations between the government and red-shirt leaders as a big progress but noted that the two sides could not reach the points they wanted as the red-shirt side turned down the government's condition.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2010-04-03

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

ooooo this is classic spin

Read closely Kasit also reiterated the United States has already notified his ministry over its ban on Thaksin from using its territory as the platform to wage his political struggle in Thailand. There is NO definitive statement that Mr. Thakson would be barred from entering or from residing in the USA. Kasit's statement is empty.

Assuming Mr. Thaksin even wanted to go to the USA (perhaps he fancies a kmart blue light special, or the special at Applebys}, as long as Mr. Thaksin refrained from criminal acts while on US soil, no attempt would be made to silence him.

It's called free speech.

Although the charges made and judgements rendered against Mr. Thaksin are serious in Thailand, outside of Thailand the process is not taken seriously, particularly the further one gets from Thailand. The charges are perceived as political in nature. Now before the usual cyber bullies pop woodies and swarm me, I am not saying the Thai court decision is unimportant or not legitimate, all I am saying is that is what the perception is that this is strictly thai politics. If it wasn't, Mr. Thaksin would have been arrested and deported long ago. If the international community supported the Thai government position, Mr. Thaksin would not be flying unhindered over multiple countries airspace or going from Dubai, to Europe to Asia so freely now would he? Seems to me that when the Europeans or Americans want someone badly enough, the plane gets diverted and the perp greeted by a welcoming party with handcuffs. It won't happen with Thaksin.

Read closely Kasit also reiterated the United States has already notified his ministry over its ban on Thaksin from using its territory as the platform to wage his political struggle in Thailand. There is NO definitive statement that Mr. Thakson would be barred from entering or from residing in the USA. Kasit's statement is empty.

Assuming Mr. Thaksin even wanted to go to the USA (perhaps he fancies a kmart blue light special, or the special at Applebys}, as long as Mr. Thaksin refrained from criminal acts while on US soil, no attempt would be made to silence him.

It's called free speech.

Although the charges made and judgements rendered against Mr. Thaksin are serious in Thailand, outside of Thailand the process is not taken seriously, particularly the further one gets from Thailand. The charges are perceived as political in nature. Now before the usual cyber bullies pop woodies and swarm me, I am not saying the Thai court decision is unimportant or not legitimate, all I am saying is that is what the perception is that this is strictly thai politics. If it wasn't, Mr. Thaksin would have been arrested and deported long ago. If the international community supported the Thai government position, Mr. Thaksin would not be flying unhindered over multiple countries airspace or going from Dubai, to Europe to Asia so freely now would he? Seems to me that when the Europeans or Americans want someone badly enough, the plane gets diverted and the perp greeted by a welcoming party with handcuffs. It won't happen with Thaksin.

Perfectly true IMHO and all this hot air from Kasit is just posturing. If the truth be known,they really do not need or want

Thaksin back in this country where his arrival would cause a massive upheaval and bring every colored shirt out of the closet.

It's called free speech.

Perfectly true IMHO and all this hot air from Kasit is just posturing. If the truth be known,they really do not need or want

Thaksin back in this country where his arrival would cause a massive upheaval and bring every colored shirt out of the closet.

I agree. Having Dr Thaksin back in Thailand is the last thing the Government should wish for. You cannot shut the lid once you have opened Pandora's box.

I have never understood this. We hear many people saying I have asked countries to return Thaksin or even bar him from their countries. That just makes no diplomatic sense. Most countries have specific legal and diplomatic procedures for returning people to their home country (if they object) or to bar them from their countries in a transparent manner and adhering to their laws.

Some diplomat or even a head of state asking someone from another country to return Thaksin carries zero weight with the country is about as meaningful as me asking the same.

If they are serious they must learn to follow the laws.

All your comments are true.

I add that if I was Thaksin, I would come back. I would be jailed but the chaos around the jail would be so important that I'd be freed and probably re installed in power within 2 days. Yes, it's a bet but it worth.

----------------------------

Why Kasit who is obviously a terrorist (he invaded an airport) is not jailed when arriving in democratic countries? This guy is DANGEROUS!

In jail, no call ins. Out of sight, out of mind.

Out of Sight, out of Sound, out of Contact.

There is only so much time there will be a protest outside the prison,

and better there than all over Bangkok like now...

In jail, no call ins. Out of sight, out of mind.

Out of Sight, out of Sound, out of Contact.

There is only so much time there will be a protest outside the prison,

and better there than all over Bangkok like now...

Correct, and even if there was a core of fanatics that went there every day for years, the people would soon get BORED of the entire business. Now with Thaksin jetsetting the world with his plethora of passports, it keeps interest in him alive.

It's called free speech.

It depends on the passport he is using. There are different visa rules for every country, this might be the reason why he can do what he does.

I add that if I was Thaksin, I would come back. I would be jailed but the chaos around the jail would be so important that I'd be freed and probably re installed in power within 2 days. Yes, it's a bet but it worth.

Why Kasit who is obviously a terrorist (he invaded an airport) is not jailed when arriving in democratic countries? This guy is DANGEROUS!

now you're talking about being a man and having balls...doing things through honesty and conviction, like mandela...but c'mon man, we're talkin about a weasel named Thaksin that wouldn't know facing consequences or taking a stand to save his life

It's called free speech.

If you see a guy wandering around naked from the waist up (not a pretty sight I might add) that will be me. I gave all my shirts to the old folks home.

Can't wear red, can't wear yellow, now I am not sure about pink.

Have a few black shirts but wasn't black associated with the Nazi's...... I guess I w "no I don't want another holiday"

Edited by krakatoa

yes if he was returned and put in prision. then i think that there would be allot of guards working over time.

What about Informing interpol about Thaskin, they wont because it's the mens club ,sort of thing, if I'm on the run I'm okay, no one will bother , a lot of posturing but no substance.

now you're talking about being a man and having balls...doing things through honesty and conviction, like mandela...but c'mon man, we're talkin about a weasel named Thaksin that wouldn't know facing consequences or taking a stand to save his life

What do you base your comments on? Forget your use of the word weasel because it's not worth commenting on. But what do you mean to imply when you say he "wouldn't know facing consequences or taking a stand to save his life?" You don't think he's taking a stand now? He's been illegally removed from office by a military coup. His property has been illegally taken from him and he is taking a stand to get it back. What do you know of his life? Did you know him in school in Texas in America? Did you know him as a youth? What do you know of his personal and public life that would allow you to make such statements about him or do you always mindlessly attack public figures you disagree with?

Thaksin.bmp