Red Shirts Rhetoric Now Into A Violent Stage

Jingthing

You are right, Abhisit and the Democrats were not in power when the Yellows seized the airport... perhaps because they are the yellow shirts.

And a big LOL at saying the Yellows were non violent. Did you miss the film of them shooting guns and carrying golf clubs?

And I am not a red shirt. I am an unbiased observer, although its clear that you are the one propagandizing and wearing a shirt color.

There are no red and yellow shirts just orange shirts... but enjoy the show Jing Thing. I hope your "team" wins!

Ummm the PAD/Yellows are NOT the same group as the Democrats (though the PAD did have a few Democrat members). The PAD does in fact have its own political party.

Yeah, no connection between the PAD and The Democrats at all. :):D Its so comical to see people involved in politics lying to themselves. Sort of how in America the "Tea Party" claims to be a new political party but its actually funded and run by very big name, mainstream Republicans.

But really, this is like arguing with football fans. They only see their color. They aren't rational. What is the point?

Again, keep cheering your "team" with your eyes closed.

And this is an example of how you manage to get yourself labeled (correctly) Red :D I did not state that there was NO connection, I stated they were not the same. Then you TRY and cherrypick that one statement and make it an issue (and fail) and skip over the violence issue :D

Yeppers, not just a deep fuscia ... but indeed a true Red :D

I am a farang why would give a toss about the Thai political spectrum. My main interest is laughing at both sides who do not realize that they are looking in the mirror.

Yeah, no connection between the PAD and The Democrats at all. :):D Its so comical to see people involved in politics lying to themselves. Sort of how in America the "Tea Party" claims to be a new political party but its actually funded and run by very big name, mainstream Republicans.

Uh, what?

The mainstream republicans are renegade democrats, aka neo-cons, that has perverted the party through the last 16 years.

The tea party movement are primarily populated by classic republicans, libertarians and constitutionalists.

But whatever, you are the political expert here. :D

I just love these posters who say "I am not a red shirt" the go on to recite the same exact things that the people who do support the red shirts are saying. :D

Btw, I have a lot of respect for the red shirt supporters who are open about it even though I don't always agree with them. :)

Uh, what?

The mainstream republicans are renegade democrats, aka neo-cons, that has perverted the party through the last 16 years.

The tea party movement are primarily populated by classic republicans, libertarians and constitutionalists.

But whatever, you are the political expert here. :D

:D :D :D :D

I will have whatever you guys are having.

Just curious, was seizing a National Airport and keeping tourists hostage a "crime". <SNIP>

The yellow shirts deemed responsible are awaiting their day in thai court, as their case will come up on the docket eventually. Do some research before you spout unsupported rhetoric. What about the reds who were responsible for hi-jacking the gasoline truck last Songkran and threatening to blow it up? Oh I forgot, they were "yellows masquerading as reds", just like the pink shirts were yellows in disguise yesterday. .. yeah right... :)

Anyway, just came back from a 2 1/2 hour stint wandering from Chidlom, to Platinum, back to Rajadamri to Central World, amid the 'red sea of humanity'. I was dressed in a neutral color; wearing black jeans, a black KISS t-shirt and cap, but I didn't sense any 'danger' and it was really more a carnival attitude.

What was really sad :D ; even though I tried many different vantage points, near the stage, on the Big C - Central World crossover, and places in between, NOT ONCE was I able to discern a single thing the people on stage were saying given the thai penchant for "turning their amplifiers up to 11" (shameless Spinal Tap quote) making it soo distorted. Other than the endless "Yub Sa-pa" I have no idea how any of the thais could even understand it.

Anyway, in other news, that Porsche which slammed into the red's motorcycles, which was parked (read abandoned sans license plates) in front of the Intercontinental sure took a good beating. The front windscreen was beaten in, and both side windows were broken in from the outside, as evidenced by the glass scattered inside the car.

Big C, was about the only place open and it was a sea of red inside the food court, with every table and chair full (so a BIG shot in the arm to their business today).

I sat with a fairly large group of red shirt gentlemen about my age (50+) and their families. They actually spoke reasonable engrish, although we conversed mostly in thai with some engrish when I couldn't remember the correct thai words :D . In their defense I did ask them some closed ended very provocative questions in thai like; “I see the signs saying Stop, corruption, double standards, and desolve the house, didn’t you have those things during Thaksin's, Samak's, or Somchai's tenure too?” They said there was but less than now with Abhisit which is why they want the house dissolved. Of course they then tried to give me the fall back 'pat' answer, "You don't understand thai culture." To which I responded, "We all know this isn't about thai culture it’s about thai politics. Silence. I asked them if every person in thailand was a red? They said no of course everyone wasn't red. Then I asked who gets to speak for the people who aren't reds. This was a classic knee-jerk answer which made me nearly guffaw out loud; as they said they speak for all thais. When I asked back, "So you know what’s best for everyone?" Again silence coupled with them looking at each other. The last thing I asked them was to name a single country in the entire world which had no corruption, no double standards, and no uber-rich vs. the ultra poor. Deafening silence again. They then tried to turn the tables and asked if I was a red or a yellow. Pointing to my black shirt I said, "I'm American, I'm not any color and really it isn't my business at all, just that observing politics in thailand was an interesting way for me to kill some time." That got a less than warm response from the group, so as I could see I was fast wearing out my welcome with people from other tables eavesdropping in on what we were discussing, I bit them a fond adieu. :D

Really though in talking to almost anyone who'd chat with a foreigner, I can say the reds sure learned how to parrot mindless rhetoric, although they seemed a little hazy on any hard facts or even knowing about events in recent thai political history. :D

Still, quite the experience, and certainly no where near the danger the T/V or news was making it out to be. :D

Go check it out, as they say; it's history in the making. :D

Ace report Tod - thanks for sharing.

"I see the signs saying Stop, corruption, double standards, and desolve the house, didn't you have those things during Thaksin's, Samak's, or Somchai's tenure too?" They said there was but less than now with Abhisit which is why they want the house dissolved.

Accusing Abhisit of not being legitimate would make more sense (although still not true), but accusing him of being more corrupt than Thaksin is just silly talk.

Just curious, was seizing a National Airport and keeping tourists hostage a "crime".

If it wasn't, and the Yellow Shirt's were not arrested and jailed, why would you expect the Red's to be?

That seems to be the face saving issue we have here today.

Was wondering when the deafening silence of the foreign red apologists would emerge.

Three points --

Right now, it is the REDS in streets.

Right now, the government is run by Abhisit and the Thai democrats. They were NOT in power at the time of the yellow airport actions.

While the airport action was extreme and radical, the yellows at the time were not using the kind of VIOLENT rhetoric you can read is being uttered right now by the red leadership. And don't forget Black Songkran, a bloody red action.

You are right, Abhisit and the Democrats were not in power when the Yellows seized the airport... perhaps because they are the yellow shirts.

And a big LOL at saying the Yellows were non violent. Did you miss the film of them shooting guns and carrying golf clubs?

And I am not a red shirt. I am an unbiased observer, although its clear that you are the one propagandizing and wearing a shirt color.

There are no red and yellow shirts just orange shirts... but enjoy the show Jing Thing. I hope your "team" wins!

You can consider this our final political communication, now that you have revealed the intellectual level of your arguments. No point in replying to the content of that tripe. Cheers.

:)