Thai Protesters Target Bangkok's Tourist Centre

webfact

i disagree, thaksin is the one who excogitated the idea of the class war becasue he knew that he could instiigate the poor majority but surely behind the scene he is more worried about his frozen asset and will do everything to get it back (soon!!!), while he sits back and relax and watch thailand self destroy. if he is really fighting for democracy why don't he go back to thailand and join that reds to demonstrate?

Au contraire my misspelling wordsmith, the class war started long before Thaksin came into power. But most of the battles have been waged by the elite against the poor, just as they have been waged in the USA. For a better insight into the long running struggles in Thailand I suggest reading Chai-Anan and Morrell's fine book on the political battles of the 1970s: Political Conflict in Thailand. Alas the extreme prejudice of the brutal response back then by the Bangkok elite against the rural poor, who dared to organize themselves, stifled any political activity by the poor for an entire generation. Thaksin may be the poster boy, but he is not the underlying issue.

there are always rich and poor in every countries but to incite war between them is just not the right solution. educate the poor, get more taxes from the rich and use that for the benifit of the poor. these are just just simple things to start on but to create a war is dead wrong...

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Apieceachit would just step down, and let the people choose who they want to lead them, as should have been done in the first place, none of this would have been happening. The only legitimate leader is the one who is genuinely chosen by the people.

All democratic societies have laws in place and courts to handle corrupt leaders as well as how succession will be handled. It is unreasonable to call for a public vote each time an issue comes up and this is why we vote for our leaders (to make these decisions).

The current PM is the lawful and legal leader of this country under the law and nobody has successfully (or otherwise) disputed this legally.

as to your " If .... none of this would been happening" well if pigs could fly then ....

and since when is breaking the law and taking away other people's freedoms and purposely trying to hurt the country economically while inciting violence an appropriate response to anything???

Good evening Guys,

OUF!....As we been assured that the Businesses will go on tomorrow, I am pleased for the Elite who can go and choose a car tomorrow at Siam paragon between a Maserati, a Ferrari or a common Porsche....

Good night

No doubt you'll be pleased for all the thousands of working-class people and support staff that work in Paragon and depend on their jobs to feed their kids too. I'm sure they appreciate your support.

great, what about the other 65,000,000 thais who are against the parliament dissolution?

What makes you think 65million are against it? Just because someone doesn't protest surely doesn't equate to not supporting for/against?? :)

You are right but the FACT remains that the Reds are just one group of many and not the majority. As the PM has made clear, all groups need to have input and he cannot bow to one groups demands without considering the other group's needs or Thailand's as a whole.

Yes, yes. Mus't bring of the recent past and direct parallels which highlight your hypocrisy.

So, what you are saying, yet again, is it is OK to use violence on people you disagree with but NOT OK to use violence on people you disagree with.

You can't have it both ways. Either it's right or wrong for police violence. Which is it?

Try and deflect all you want. "it's a different time, yada yada yada."

Which is correct?

Water CANNON are not violent? Do you care to take yourself (if you are in Thailand) and your family and put your bodies in the way of some water CANNON to demonstrate how they are not violent? (Granted they are usually less than LETHAL but not always --- however they are certainly violent!)

You are actually comparing getting hit by water CANNON as taking a shower? You should gladly be willing to be a test subject for that then!

You think "water is not violent"? Were you alive on Boxing Day 2004?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and this

If they are blocking a street who cares? If it is a peaceful protest then using force is not an appropriate response.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and this

When you call for actual violence .. then your opinion CAN hurt people. (That may be why there is a rule against it on ThaiVisa.com)

OR your updated stance

" it certainly isn't out of line to use water cannon and other non-lethal crowd dispersal techniques. "

"do what has to be done to remove the crowd"

"...give the crowd a lawful order to disperse ... then repeat it and repeat it again. Then do what has to be done."

To quote another poster ... all you have are ...

Personal attacks

lies

hypocrisy

flaming

baiting

I gave you the link to show that the AoT not only surrendered/closed the airport but that the AoT board states they did. That came before your other quotes.

I explained my position thoroughly but to repeated remarks by you that fit your own words of ...

Personal attacks

lies

hypocrisy

flaming

baiting

:)

I am sure that the mods see the issues here and yes I know why you are doing it after having been caught out by myself and others on multiple occasions you have to attack, I understand that.

Now --- since I have addressed your statements ..... and you have ducked enerything said in response directly to you ... it is time to say adieu since you obviously won't answer the things put to you.

If Abhisit would just step down, and let the people choose who they want to lead them, as should have been done in the first place, none of this would have been happening. The only legitimate leader is the one who is genuinely chosen by the people.

He IS the one chosen by a like sized minority of the people as to Somchai and Samak.

They got nearly identical MINORITY stakes in the last voting.

The thing is Somchais side cheated and got caught... so they lost their party,

but not their Minsters in Parliament, those went on and formed PTP before PPP dissolved.

So basically you are saying that

all those PPP/PTP Minsters STILL IN PARLIAMENT, don't deserve to stay in parliament,

because the SMALLER parties lost confidence in them, and their leadership?

So when PTP could NOT build a replacement coalition for the one PPP lost,

even with the HIGHEST minority stake holder ratio,

it is not allowed for the next biggest party to try and build a coalition?

So basically you are saying the 1997 AND 2007 constitutions are wrong and you are right?

Even if the wording of these clauses is essentially the same in both constitutions?

Even if this is how it is done world wide?

But the world is wrong and you are right?

Sirusly, you are off in the stars on this one.

Edited by animatic

MellowYellow:

From what I can read from your post, you support the shot down of the Asean summit, the songkran violance, closinging down shopping area and streets, speaches treatning other poeple wit violance?

Sounds equally like you support closing the airports, closing shopping areas, closing govt buildings, speeches threatening people with violence and actually carrying out violence like the yellows did. :)

Just to get this into some very basic context.

The Northeast is getting worse with basic living standards

Water levels are a disaster, staple rice growing people depend on to survive day to day is being hurt real bad, hel_l they even have plague of bugs killing what is left.

Many of these people have nothing.

The government is more concerned that Somchai can't drive into Silom in his BMW to trade

When basic food and water are on the line anything can happen.

I for one have big fears of how this will end.

Edited by nickynomatesbkk

Let's hope that the threat of read-shirt leader Arisman Pongreungrong to vandalise Bangkok with petrol bombs won't come true:

--

Maestro

Hitler's little helper.

Assinine..................

<deleted> has Germany 60 years ago got to do with this ???

F stupid remark.

MellowYellow:

From what I can read from your post, you support the shot down of the Asean summit, the songkran violance, closinging down shopping area and streets, speaches treatning other poeple wit violance?

Sounds equally like you support closing the airports, closing shopping areas, closing govt buildings, speeches threatening people with violence and actually carrying out violence like the yellows did. :)

No I don´t! Do you support any of this?

If Abhisit would just step down, and let the people choose who they want to lead them, as should have been done in the first place, none of this would have been happening. The only legitimate leader is the one who is genuinely chosen by the people.

The seated MP's are the elected representatives of the people. They elected the last 3 PM's Samak, Somchai, and now Abhisit in the same way. All three governments have been/are coalition governments.

The PPP could have called new elections up to the day before they were disbanded for electoral fraud. They did not do so. This is just sour grapes that their former allies deserted them.

You do no favors for anyone, especially yourself, buy changing The PM's name into a slur. Leave the dehumanizing slurs to the bigoted hypocrites of the government side.

Water levels are a disaster, staple rice growing people depend on to survive day to day is being hurt real bad, hel_l they even have plague of bugs killing what is left.

The government is more concerned that Somchai can't drive into Silom in his BMW to trade

Fact --- the current government has done more sustainable relief programs than Thaksin ever did. Not ONLY for the people of Isaan but for the poor nation wide. Thaksin's brother-in-law's BMW has nothing to do with the current government.

I don't buy the NE is getting worse and would love some links or something to back up this statement.

Many people have nothing ... well if that is true then the need to get off their behind and get something on their own before demanding hand outs and mooching off others as they must be since they have 'nothing" which would include food, water, clothing ...

Seems like they have plenty of food and water as well as time on their hands to come to BKK for the last 3-weeks for what amounts to nothing or self-destruction of their cause.

The current government is doing a lot to help the poor (including the NE) of this country and continues to work on solving the issues of the poor and providing opportunity for everyone in Thailand.

The squeeky wheel gets the grease but it is too bad the Reds didn't leave when they made progress and could have walked away with their heads held high. Instead they have many wanting to see them off the streets of BKK even if it means many die. They have pushed way way too much and have given nothing but grief. Each day this goes on they loose followers and turns other to having hatred for them.

Edited by BKKer2010

You do no favors for anyone, especially yourself, buy changing The PM's name into a slur. Leave the dehumanizing slurs to the bigoted hypocrites of the government side.

Hmmmmmm more flaming. Though I have certainly heard plenty of what you are describing from the Red stage over the last few weeks.

edit ---- sorry guys I told myself (and you people) that I would no longer rise to his baiting and flaming.

Edited by jdinasia

Yes, yes. Mus't bring of the recent past and direct parallels which highlight your hypocrisy.

So, what you are saying, yet again, is it is OK to use violence on people you disagree with but NOT OK to use violence on people you disagree with.

You can't have it both ways. Either it's right or wrong for police violence. Which is it?

Try and deflect all you want. "it's a different time, yada yada yada."

Which is correct?

Water CANNON are not violent? Do you care to take yourself (if you are in Thailand) and your family and put your bodies in the way of some water CANNON to demonstrate how they are not violent? (Granted they are usually less than LETHAL but not always --- however they are certainly violent!)

You are actually comparing getting hit by water CANNON as taking a shower? You should gladly be willing to be a test subject for that then!

You think "water is not violent"? Were you alive on Boxing Day 2004?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and this

If they are blocking a street who cares? If it is a peaceful protest then using force is not an appropriate response.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and this

When you call for actual violence .. then your opinion CAN hurt people. (That may be why there is a rule against it on ThaiVisa.com)

OR your updated stance

" it certainly isn't out of line to use water cannon and other non-lethal crowd dispersal techniques. "

"do what has to be done to remove the crowd"

"...give the crowd a lawful order to disperse ... then repeat it and repeat it again. Then do what has to be done."

To quote another poster ... all you have are ...

Personal attacks

lies

hypocrisy

flaming

baiting

I gave you the link to show that the AoT not only surrendered/closed the airport but that the AoT board states they did. That came before your other quotes.

I explained my position thoroughly but to repeated remarks by you that fit your own words of ...

Personal attacks

lies

hypocrisy

flaming

baiting

:)

I am sure that the mods see the issues here and yes I know why you are doing it after having been caught out by myself and others on multiple occasions you have to attack, I understand that.

Now --- since I have addressed your statements ..... and you have ducked enerything said in response directly to you ... it is time to say adieu since you obviously won't answer the things put to you.

Caught out? LOl where? When? What subject? So far, I see you being caught in multiple lies and continuing to spew them ignoring their refutation.

I'll drop it as soon as you own your hypocrisy and lies. You haven't answered anything without doublespeak BS.

As for mods...LOL Cry to whoever you want. Obv you don't like having your own lies and hypocrisy thrown back at you.

That dog don't hunt.

That horse don't ride.

+More hackneyed expressions of some self entitled superiority.

Hmmmmmm more flaming. Though I have certainly heard plenty of what you are describing from the Red stage over the last few weeks.

ORLY?

Shall we take a small trip down the "history of jdinasia, animatic, and yoshiwara postings"?

Bigotry

hypocrisy

and lies

Suggest JD/Mellow meet up for a few pints, and take a breather. :)

Or could be Handbags at Dawn and make it a pay per view event. :D

Brit -- you know I am picky about who I drink with. Count yourself blessed :D

Suggest JD/Mellow meet up for a few pints, and take a breather. :)

Or could be Handbags at Dawn and make it a pay per view event. :D

LOL

I do believe we are at opposite ends of the country (he is in Chiang Mai I understand)

I wouldn't mind meeting up for a pint.

I hold no desire to do violence upon him over an interwebz debate.

So the handbags can stay pocketed.

I might get disturbed and leave though if he kept telling me up was down and hot was cold relentlessly.

I think in order to clear up who has the right to update on the situation in Bangkok, and who are just noise and posting from afar and causing trouble lets have a photo verfication session.

Get hold of the Bangkok Post and the Nation, today's prints.

Walk to a well known Bangkok landmark, Emporium, MBK, Sky Train etc.. and take a photo of both of the papers together with the landmark in the background.

Then put your user name as a watermark on the picture, and then post it on here.

Then readers will know WHO IS IN BANGKOK, and who are pretending to be in Bangkok.

Good idea ? I think so.

Yes, lets all show our faces and give addresses, and telephone numbers too,

then the really opposition figures can be hunted down and silenced.

I have little doubts that if Thaksin took power again, that revenge,

and silencing of critics would be high on his agenda early in the game.

He has used BOTH these tactics, while in more balanced mind, earlier in his career.

In his present state it would bode poorly for any who spoke against him,

and is a major reason I fight against his return to power... it would be... ... unpeaceful

to put it mildly.

I wonder how Thaskin if he ever regained power of Thailand as PM would act towards the British tourists and expats In Thailand, when Thaskin was expelled from the UK, in an interview with Arabian Business News in November 2008, Shinawatra said the UK would "FEEL SORROW" for revoking his visa and accused the British Government of not respecting its own democratic values.

I still wonder what he meant exactly by that, when he said the UK would "feel sorrow".?.

Answers on a postcard..

As for the red shirts protesting at the moment, I just hope it passes off a peaceful as can be possible, your always going to have "loose cannon" who may use violence, you'll always have those who incite violence, Arisman Pongreungrong seems to be if reports are true, but I'm hoping that no bloods shed apart from pigs blood during the latest demonstrations.

Edited by MB1

great, what about the other 65,000,000 thais who are against the parliament dissolution?

What makes you think 65million are against it? Just because someone doesn't protest surely doesn't equate to not supporting for/against?? :)

yes, but this is what aphisit is exactly trying to propose, to have a poll for whether the house should be dissolved or not so as to know what the majority of the thai people think about the house dissolution but the Reds turned it down, why?

Edited by LuckyFive8888

While they're out here messing up our city, why don't WE go to their farms and set their crops ablaze and burn everything they have to the ground? Now there's a thought. Might be enough to have em' scrambling back to where they SHOULD be ...

If you lived in the north you'd know they already burned everything before they headed for Bangkok.

Edited by lannarebirth

While they're out here messing up our city, why don't WE go to their farms and set their crops ablaze and burn everything they have to the ground? Now there's a thought. Might be enough to have em' scrambling back to where they SHOULD be ...

If you lived in the north you'd know they already burned everything before the headed for Bangkok.

Don't feed it.....

Let's hope that the threat of read-shirt leader Arisman Pongreungrong to vandalise Bangkok with petrol bombs won't come true:

--

Maestro

Hitler's little helper.

Assinine..................

<deleted> has Germany 60 years ago got to do with this ???

F stupid remark.

I agree , people tend to get so frustrated about a situation they can do nothing about ,

they turn into stupid remarks to compare their little minded whatever they are .

To compare him with Hitler is totally disrespect towards all of the millions killed in the WW2.

Says enough of their level of arguing at this forum . And even more that they allow it ( moderators ).

I agree , people tend to get so frustrated about a situation they can do nothing about ,

they turn into stupid remarks to compare their little minded whatever they are .

To compare him with Hitler is totally disrespect towards all of the millions killed in the WW2.

Says enough of their level of arguing at this forum . And even more that they allow it ( moderators ).

If you get offended by this simple comparison, I would avoid tuning in to any of the red shirt rhetoric since this clip was released.