Thai Protesters Target Bangkok's Tourist Centre

webfact

You have no reason to fear, the Reds are a civilised bunch, not hurting anyone and will party with you if you want. You are free to access any area of Bangkok, the Reds are not blocking any access by foot or BTS.

I have walked among the Reds, talked to them, been with them and they really are nice people and the majority (whether they like Thaksin or not) want Democracy back for their country.

The sooner the Yellows and their "its all about Thaksin" rhetoric becomes ignored, the better. Its not only about Thaksin, its about Democracy now and the way the elite screw the normal people all the time.

If it's not all about Thaksin, why aren't the red leaders (Thaksin's puppets) accepting a compromise of election 12 months before they are due?

If it's not all about Thaksin, why aren't the red leaders (Thaksin's puppets) discussing with the government about projects to help the poor?

If it's not all about Thaksin, why are the red leaders even mentioning Thaksin in their speeches? Why are the red leaders saying "When Thaksin is back, you will all get more money"?

It's all about Thaksin. It's all about Thaksin's money.

If its about the love the Thai people why will the government not accept elections in 2 or 3 months ? Do they love Thai people or money ?

The Reds want Democracy, and an "elected by the people" government who will then serve the people, not the elite.

Not all Red leaders mention Thaksin all the time, as has been said his supporters are part of the Red movement, but not "all" the Red movement, they are just a sub faction because they think he was illegally outed in a coup. which he was. So he has cause for complaint. If you are the Democratically elected PM and an illegal coup kicks you out, then you have been wronged by illegal actions. Yes or no ?

Its not about Thaksin, its not about his money.

ITS ALL about Democracy !

You have been out in the hot sun to long

This guy needs to see a shrink it must be deeper than a heat stroke

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a question for the anti-Red, pro current govt masses out there:

Aren't you embarrassed that it is actually illegal to present a large number of significant points and arguments against your side in a forum such as this?

You should be.

It's unfortunate. Ofcourse, Thaksin is planning to change that.

For the better? Why did he always sue people who spoke out against him?

Good point. I've never been a fan of free speech lawsuits.

Not so long ago Mr Thaksin went to the Thailand Embassy in Hong Kong to get a divorce so why did the Thais in the Embassy arrest him and fly him back here to face the music.

p.s i like the reds

You have no reason to fear, the Reds are a civilised bunch, not hurting anyone and will party with you if you want. You are free to access any area of Bangkok, the Reds are not blocking any access by foot or BTS.

I have walked among the Reds, talked to them, been with them and they really are nice people and the majority (whether they like Thaksin or not) want Democracy back for their country.

The sooner the Yellows and their "its all about Thaksin" rhetoric becomes ignored, the better. Its not only about Thaksin, its about Democracy now and the way the elite screw the normal people all the time.

If it's not all about Thaksin, why aren't the red leaders (Thaksin's puppets) accepting a compromise of election 12 months before they are due?

If it's not all about Thaksin, why aren't the red leaders (Thaksin's puppets) discussing with the government about projects to help the poor?

If it's not all about Thaksin, why are the red leaders even mentioning Thaksin in their speeches? Why are the red leaders saying "When Thaksin is back, you will all get more money"?

It's all about Thaksin. It's all about Thaksin's money.

If its about the love the Thai people why will the government not accept elections in 2 or 3 months ? Do they love Thai people or money ?

The Reds want Democracy, and an "elected by the people" government who will then serve the people, not the elite.

Not all Red leaders mention Thaksin all the time, as has been said his supporters are part of the Red movement, but not "all" the Red movement, they are just a sub faction because they think he was illegally outed in a coup. which he was. So he has cause for complaint. If you are the Democratically elected PM and an illegal coup kicks you out, then you have been wronged by illegal actions. Yes or no ?

Its not about Thaksin, its not about his money.

ITS ALL about Democracy !

How many governments call elections when a few thousand people demonstrate and demand it? The government have offered elections 12 months before they are legally due.

All the MPs in parliament were democratically elected by the people. The majority of MPs (representing a majority of the people) voted for Abhisit as PM. That's democracy.

Thaksin was NOT PM when the coup occurred. He was care-taker PM appointed by the King because he couldn't form a government after the 2006 elections. The 2006 elections were declared invalid by the Constitutional Court prior to the coup, so nothing to do with any junta appointed "this or that".

If the reds were all about democracy and free and fair elections, then they would let all parties campaign in their electorates, instead of threatening them.

FAce it farangs. You dont really want democracy in Thailand.

You already have it plenty in your own country.

But you chose to be here.

Aristrocracy in the other hand, give benefits to you a lot more.

Cheap labor, higher status, money worship etc.

The way you trying to bash Thaksin is the ONLY way you can look down the Reds.

Just because Reds love Thaksin doesnt mean they are idiots.

Reds love Thaksin not because he is a goodman. Take that in your ignorant face.

Aristrocracy never let people choose one. And they will NEVER allow thais to have one.

Thais are sadly 'forced' to adore one person.

If you are educated enough, you should know it by now.

Well said and welcome to the forum !!1

ph

Aristrocracy never let people choose one. And they will NEVER allow thais to have one.

WELL SAID !!!

Excellent and welcome.

You will notice lots of sad little petty comments against my posts, very purile but please, if these Yellow loving people attempt to flame you and incite you, ignore them.

Keep to discussing the facts, facts they avoid like the plague.

Facts are what sets people free, for it reveals the truth, it reveals double standards, it reveals all.

Lets keep to good discussion on here and can you who do it please stop the purile little comments attempting to be "abusive".

If you started posting some facts, then we could start having a discussion.

Does your reading of Thai history suggest that the courts, police/military are in fact or have ever been independent? That they are not expected to fullfil their historic obligations to those who gant them such authority (and priviledge) that they enjoy?

Hi Blaze. That could be said of any democracy, that there would at least be a little gratitude. Of course, the military demonstrated complete independence from the legislative branch by nipping the process in the bud.

A Democracy has an electged head. Should be the Commander in Chief where the military does as is told. PM says. move'm out. Out they go or off with the heads of the disobediante/insubordinate servants of the people via the democratgic process... Clear the intersections using water cannons if needed!

This is not to say I'm pro yellow, I'm for Democracy which means new elections and out with the current EC!

However, clear the streets. Afterf I get a few views from the Erawan Hyatt EL and hob nob with the Thaksin support leaders.... I would love a pic with Seh Deang! post-104007-1270608935_thumb.jpg

What a couple of Democracy Heros meeting in the Palace of Freedon!!!!

WELL SAID !!!

Excellent and welcome.

You will notice lots of sad little petty comments against my posts, very purile but please, if these Yellow loving people attempt to flame you and incite you, ignore them.

Keep to discussing the facts, facts they avoid like the plague.

Facts are what sets people free, for it reveals the truth, it reveals double standards, it reveals all.

Lets keep to good discussion on here and can you who do it please stop the purile little comments attempting to be "abusive".

It's illegal for us to post many of the significant facts in our favor. Any other suggestions?

I'm now starting to understand why forum's such as this seem to have such a heavy helping of pro-govt supporters. Those on the other side are not even allowed under the law to make their points. Several excellent articles have been published in the Economist explaining things... of course all of those issues are banned and we can't even discuss those.

No wonder this is suchg a cluster-f for the pro-govt anti-reds. No wonder I only find myself visiting this forum only every once in a blue moon. It's pointless!

It's illegal for us to post many of the significant facts in our favor. Any other suggestions?

That is no excuse for posting obvious un-truths (lies?).

There is still plenty of discussion that can be had about what can be talked about.

Now while so many of the pro-government posts here are from Thais pretending to be Farang, certainly the foreigners living outside Thailand are not so pro Thai government at this time.

Take into account for proof this.

Taksan travels in many nations and is never put under arrest.

Nations do not see the current Thai government as legitimate nor should they.

Really now? And which posters here are lying about their nationality or ethnicity? This is certainly a new spin I haven't heard before.

As to Thaksin, he has been kicked out of Germany, Hong Kong and the UK, and for some reason tends to limit himself to a unusually small choice of countries he's willing to visit. Why do you suppose that is?

If Nations see the Thai government as illegitimate, I'm sure you can provide some citations of governments that have stated the Thai government isn't legitimate? (Besides Cambodia) World leaders who have refused to meet with Abhisit? Anyone? Anywhere?

Parliamentary governments do not allow a court to remove a prime minister no matter what law he is accused of breaking. That power is in the arms of the Parliament.

The American and French systems also refuse courts the power to remove the elected leaders. In the USA, only the Congress can remove a standing President. A court cannot.

So--the House would have to impeach and the Senate would have to remove.

It depends on the laws and constitution of the individual country. I fail to see what the American or French system have to do with the Thai system. Neither has the same basic system of government as Thailand.

But at least you are admitting they were breaking the law when they were removed from office. It also seems strange that you would want the same body whose appoints the Prime Minister to also be responsible for prosecuting and judging the PM for crimes that he commits. That seems like it would be one heck of a conflict of interest and allow PMs to flaunt the law as long as their party held power.

As you pointed out, in the US system, the legislative branch, which holds no power in choosing the president, is responsible for holding the Executive branch responsible for any crimes committed. I'm not familiar with other parliamentary governments, but I've got to assume that with most of them there's some sort of independent body to hold the Prime Minister accountable for any gross crimes.

So they do not allow democratic elections to choose the leader.

What Parliamentary government has "democratic elections" to choose the Prime Minister? By definition a Prime Minister is appointed (not elected), and in most systems that vote is done by the Parliament, just as it is in Thailand.

Going back to your US example, even though people vote directly for a President, they do not actually have the power to put them in office. In the 2000 election, George Bush became President, despite losing the direct vote to Al Gore.

Talking of USA in 93% of the cases the electoral college vote and the people vote are the same .

The 2000 election was an exception rather then the rule and so yes in USA the people have the power

to choose the president almost every time . Its not like you say

As a complement of info , parlementary system does not mean that the chief executive is elected by the parliament .

That is only the british variant

Parlementary system means the parliament has a censorship right over the governement . If exerted the

governement must resign .

Edited by moresomekl

I'm now starting to understand why forum's such as this seem to have such a heavy helping of pro-govt supporters. Those on the other side are not even allowed under the law to make their points. Several excellent articles have been published in the Economist explaining things... of course all of those issues are banned and we can't even discuss those.

No wonder this is suchg a cluster-f for the pro-govt anti-reds. No wonder I only find myself visiting this forum only every once in a blue moon. It's pointless!

Well said.

Its also well known the Yellow shirts signed up thousands of user names across the internet on all sorts of site in order to spread their rumours and lies against Thaksin, TRT, PPP etc...

They see "media" as their power, their ability to influence and sway opinion as the "poor" in Thailand have no access to it, it allows Yellows to roam free and attempt to distort the truth and sway opinion to their way of thinking.

A good idea by the Yellows it must be said, using something where they are strong and where their opponents are weak to their maximum advantage.

However, the biased views have led to many untruths being told and the attempt to whitewash illegal events that their supporters did, which is now leading to more and more coming out and putting them into their place and correcting their untruths and opinions attempted to being portrayed as "truth" and "fact".

Levelhead

You talk of facts and truth, yet all all I hear from you is accusations and speculation.

Where is your evidence of this yellow sponsored forum posting conspiracy?

Other media sources which are not allowed to be quoted or referred to on here. Sorry.

Shall we start with facts ?

An illegal coup happened, one which under the 1997 peoples constitution should have resulted in those carrying it being tried for treason ? YES or NO ?

To prevent being tried for treason the coup actuators ripped up and cancelled the 1997 constitution ? YES OR NO ?

They granted themselves immunity ? YES OR NO ?

The justification for the coup was nothing to do with Thaksin ? YES OR NO ?

They then set up agencies to investigate Thaksin ? YES OR NO ?

Its normal when coups happen for the coup leaders to find the outgoing PM guilty of many things ? YES OR NO ?

There are lots of speculation and accusation against Thaksin, but people who carried out in reality things Thaksin is simply accused of, but never did, appear to be not the focus of attention of where the problems in Thailand all started from.

Most of the farangs just dont know what the hel_l is going on in Thailand.

Reds neither deny aristrocracy nor asking for absolute democracy.

Aristrocracy has been backing Thailand for more than a century.

Creating an exceptional unique culture and you already know.

Thais never feel living underpressure despite poor living conditions.

They feel it was just 'ok' 'mai pen rai' actually.

And this kind of thinking, this way of life, yield a result as we see today - expats' heaven.

Booming tourist industry, spreading the bold status of world-longest monachy.

All seems to get along. Thailand was in a good shape, ahead of other country in the region.

The problem came when those elite saw Thaksin as a threat.

Thaksin has so many weak points, more than enough to be kicked out.

This is why Thais didn't refuse 19Sep coup.

Thais still 'feel' they need to use 'hammer hand' to crack him down.

Of course, this method is no way near democracy.

The privy, elite, yellow should have stopped at this point.

But they didn't.

Instead, they contantly harassing soooo many time.

Banning PM for a cooking show. Dissolving party by using fraud evidence.

One terrorist even made his way to head of the ministry.

Main stream media keep non-stop bombarding Thasin.

Reds, North, Esan, poor are seen as alien, poor, low educate, silly, foolish.

Anyone who stand to confront this propaganda is called traitor, hired by Thasin.

And this is it.

This is why there are so many Reds today.

If those elite doesnt back off intime, Reds will have no choive but going full swing to a super pro-democracy.

They'll talk back. They'll not bend over, crawling on the ground begging for gov money again.

More and more Reds realize how the civilization has been. They tasted it.

And they wont let the elites keep only for themself such like it has been.

It is true that Bankokians pay 70% income Tax of the whole country.

But they never spill out they at the same time keep 80% wealth/prosperousity of the whole nation.

Elites dont pay tax for the good of the country,

They pay to maintain aristrocracy so that they can continue to stay in higher position.

Reds will no longer accept this behavior.

I like farangs and I'm a elite bangkokian.

The current system is just not fair and doesn't work.

I disagree to those greedy bastards make a fortune by picking off the poor.

Bashing them to live in poverty forever.

No way. I'll go against it.

I'll defy it.

This is the core of the person who are deeply Red.

Levelhead

You talk of facts and truth, yet all all I hear from you is accusations and speculation.

Other media sources which are not allowed to be quoted or referred to on here. Sorry.

An illegal coup happened, one which under the 1997 peoples constitution should have resulted in those carrying it being tried for treason ? YES or NO ?

To prevent being tried for treason the coup actuators ripped up and cancelled the 1997 constitution ? YES OR NO ?

Its normal when coups happen for the coup leaders to find the outgoing PM guilty of many things ? YES OR NO ?

There are lots of speculation and accusation against Thaksin, but people who carried out in reality things Thaksin is simply accused of, but never did, appear to be not the focus of attention of where the problems in Thailand all started from.

I did not dodge the question.

I answered it in the first line.

There are other media sources with the information, however as per the rules of TV I am not allowed to mention them or refer to them

So sorry, I am unable to answer the question.

Levelhead

Yes, Not sure, Yes, No (double negative - it was only to do with Thaksin), Yes (AEC - to investigate more than just Thaksin)

Are you suggesting Thaksin didn't do any of the things he was accused of?

There are other media sources with the information, however as per the rules of TV I am not allowed to mention them or refer to them

You can mention them, you just can't link to them.

There are plenty of other media sources quoted and mentioned in TV.

Try again...

Levelhead

Yes, Not sure, Yes, No (double negative - it was only to do with Thaksin), Yes (AEC - to investigate more than just Thaksin)

Are you suggesting Thaksin didn't do any of the things he was accused of?

Sorry, you are wrong with the "No" there.

The reasons for the coup was not stated as Thaksin, it was another reason, please check the reason stated by the CNS.

I love facts and truths ! :)

Try again...

Sorry, I have been told firmly to not mention them, link to them, quote them, refer to them etc...

So I cannot. I will abide by the rules of TV.

I am very interested to learn more about this conspiracy, and I guess I'm not alone.

Perhaps you could suggest relevant google keywords that would bring up the articles that you refer to?

Oh when the CNS took power they stated

We have seized power. The constitution, the Senate, the House of Representatives, the Cabinet and the Constitutional Court have all been dissolved. We agreed that the caretaker prime minister has caused an unprecedented rift in society, widespread corruption, nepotism, and interfered in independent agencies, crippling them so they cannot function. If the caretaker government is allowed to govern it will hurt the country. They have also repeatedly insulted the king. Thus the council needed to seize power to control the situation, to restore normalcy and to create unity as soon as possible.
Edited by quiksilva

Well said.

Its also well known the Yellow shirts signed up thousands of user names across the internet on all sorts of site in order to spread their rumours and lies against Thaksin, TRT, PPP etc...

They see "media" as their power, their ability to influence and sway opinion as the "poor" in Thailand have no access to it, it allows Yellows to roam free and attempt to distort the truth and sway opinion to their way of thinking.

A good idea by the Yellows it must be said, using something where they are strong and where their opponents are weak to their maximum advantage.

However, the biased views have led to many untruths being told and the attempt to whitewash illegal events that their supporters did, which is now leading to more and more coming out and putting them into their place and correcting their untruths and opinions attempted to being portrayed as "truth" and "fact".

"well known the Yellow shirts signed up thousands of user names" .... where is it well known?

Have you ever watched the reds "People TV"? Biased views. Untruths. Whitewash illegal events.

Actually, now I think you ONLY watch People TV. That's where you get all your information from.

Try again...

Sorry, I have been told firmly to not mention them, link to them, quote them, refer to them etc...

So I cannot. I will abide by the rules of TV.

The rules also state that you are not allowed to spread lies ... and yet you still post.

edit: why don't you point us to the rules that say you can not reference any other media.

Edited by anotherpeter

So you're actually saying that because of the coup, the system of check and balances was restored?

I agree on this point with you!

I am very interested to learn more about this conspiracy, and I guess I'm not alone.

Perhaps you could suggest relevant google keywords that would bring up the articles that you refer to?

We have seized power. The constitution, the Senate, the House of Representatives, the Cabinet and the Constitutional Court have all been dissolved. We agreed that the caretaker prime minister has caused an unprecedented rift in society, widespread corruption, nepotism, and interfered in independent agencies, crippling them so they cannot function. If the caretaker government is allowed to govern it will hurt the country. They have also repeatedly insulted the king. Thus the council needed to seize power to control the situation, to restore normalcy and to create unity as soon as possible.

Yes, the reason for the coup is clearly defined in the last sentance, to control the situation by removing Democracy, to restore the elite control which is normalcy and the other part about "unity" well, that failed even though they spent a fortune "educating" the people. But at least they managed to "gain control" and still do to this day :)

So you're actually saying that because of the coup, the system of check and balances was restored?

No, balance is balance.

When you set up agencies to convict one side by garnering as much verbal evidence as you can generate in a couple of years, but find the other sides not guilty of flagrant violations its not balance.

You have become exactly what you accussed the other side of being.... in control with no checks and no balance.

This is why today you have Red shirts protesting.

No, balance is balance.

When you set up agencies to convict one side by garnering as much verbal evidence as you can generate in a couple of years, but find the other sides not guilty of flagrant violations its not balance.

You have become exactly what you accussed the other side of being.... in control with no checks and no balance.

This is why today you have Red shirts protesting.

Which agencies were "set up to convict one side"?

Yes, the reason for the coup is clearly defined in the last sentance, to control the situation by removing Democracy, to restore the elite control which is normalcy and the other part about "unity" well, that failed even though they spent a fortune "educating" the people. But at least they managed to "gain control" and still do to this day :)

But you choose to ignore "the caretaker prime minister has caused an unprecedented rift in society, widespread corruption, nepotism, and interfered in independent agencies, crippling them so they cannot function."

Ahhh I see, so you are quoting out of context.. So you admit to your fallacies.

That's cool, just so long as everyone else realises that and discards your posts for the nonsense they are.