Reds Might Have Shot Themselves In The Foot

webfact

`Yoshi,

I think it shows that Thaksin realizes if he can't pull off the trick BEFORE the

military reshuffle moves the last of his Rooks and Bishops out of useful range, the game is up.

I believe his moves on the army were a major trigger of the 2006 coup, besides his clear instability of mind,

He was trying to exert HIS control, not simply civilian control and that sent up flags all over.

Since he is a classic control freak and listens to NO advice typically, that is a very bad mindset

to run an army with, and must have made for some very touchy leaders.

Then the false bomb attempt and rumblings of eminent Emergency Decree or Martial Law

with an 'alone' Thaksin, sans cabinet and sans Parliament a cowed judiciary,

and all control vested in his one and only lil brain...

making for a situation too much to tolerate.

They took him out of the equation.

And don't imagine they will let him back in that seat again.

N. & N.E. elected officials will no doubt come forward and get elected, democracy will move forward,

but Thaksin's control will not be given that chance unless he takes it violently kicking and screaming.

Which is the game plan right now... sisolve didn't work, not in time, so now disable Bangkok...

Economic misery for all and sundry to force a violent confrontation and thus theoretically

a fall of government and his purchase of control via up country proxies .

Which is why I find this Red deviltry so distressing, it is not the route to increased democracy,

but an actual INCREASE of army control of security, just because Thaksin won't back off.

Edited by animatic

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I just saw a report that there are not many people in Ratchaprasong this morning. It sort of makes sense, as there is another aspect here of the reds shooting themselves in the foot.

Many of the reds on the street are paid to be there. I know they came through my soi asking for people to sign up for 500 baht/day last weekend, although nobody here admits to signing up. Once things reach a certain point, such as being arrested and facing a year in prison, the recruits that are paid by the reds will begin to wonder whether all this is really worth 500-1000 baht/day. Suddenly, it all becomes much less of a party and some easy money.

Just curious, bubba, since you have been here a long time, what is this issue about the demonstrators being paid? A lot of others in these forums have ranted about them being paid. Wouldn't you think that if money is their motivation, the PM would be smart enough to just pay them to go home and expose their lack of allegiance?

Yesterday I sat in Big C with a family of Red Shirts and they told me for dad to bring his pick-up, one other man, 3 ladies and 5 kids.. they were paid 8000 bahts, + a full tank of fuel and another on their return... They told me they did not give a dam_n about which ever government was in and the ladies said they quite liked Ahbisit, but a free weekend in Bangkok and cash.... Pass another Chang..

quality. a country without corruption. cash first think later

Abisit was educated and lived in a proper democracy.

He knows the moral and ethical high ground is with the red shirts on this.

He knows he is just a military junta installed puppet, and undemocratic.

He knows the reds have a valid justified point, and that he is hiding behind the militaries guns.

But what can he do?, as one of those guns is behind him .

He always had aspirations, but he never thought it would be like this.

Abhisit was educated in 2 democracies.

He knows that he was voted in by the parliament and that there is not a military Junta, though there was a military installed government prior to the 2007 elections.

He knows that there is no justification for trying to return Thaksin to Thailand as anything other than a prisoner.

Unlike some previous governments that abused the people (see Oct 7th) and thus lost the ability to govern; abhisit still maintains it.

I am sure, like everyone, he has had aspirations and I agree he didn't think it would be like this. Who would have thought that trying to save a country from a despot like Thaksin would have been part of their life when they were growing up?

:)

So go on then,

Care to explain how that "military installed government" fits in with the concept of electoral democracy.

While your at it, care to explain how

Military junta coup

Military Junta "coup-issued law"

Military Junta appointed judiciary

takes its place in an electoral democracy.