Drugged And Robbed At Dynasty Grande Bkk

My father was out drinking and playing pool in BKK. This was his last night in town on his 97th trip to Thailand.

He does his usual routine, first Big dog (soi 4), Morning Night and headed down to New Wave in Sukhumvit soi 7 to play some pool. After an hour of playing around, there was a 22 year old girl who called herself "Da" from Nakhon Phanom, who came over and asked if he would come over to her table. So he went over. Da, another friend of her (approximately 35 years old) and my father spent an hour drinking, before my father said lets go down to soi Cowboy. 

He checked the 2k bin and the girls said just take one more drink on us (first warning sign)... He drank the drink and they went outside and got in the taxi. From the taxi he called me and everything seemed fine, when he arrived at soi cowboy. He told me he would call me a little bit later. The rest, he tells me, is just a blur. He does not even remember the taxi ride.

He woke up the about 3 p.m., 13 hours later, the day after, feeling a lot more shabby than a guy should after a night drinking. He could not remember anything. On his way to the toilet he spotted that the hotel room safe was opened. He always keeps it locked. He looked inside his safe and THB 60k and VISA-card was missing from his safe. His telephones, camera and chargers were also stolen. Luckily his bank books and passport were hidden elsewhere.

He goes down to the reception and asks if anyone went up to his room last night with him. They said yes, four people went up to your room last night. He wanted to know if they had taken their ID cards. Nope, they claimed that he did not want the reception to take their IDs, even if it was another shift working. How the hel_l could they know? So my father asked to see the CCTV from the previous night. The relevant recording was 30 minutes after he called me from the taxi and onwards. He sees that he was carried inside by two male thai's, one taxi driver and one more man, because he had passed out. The girls from last night were with them. Since he had passed out he could not had said to the reception that he did not want them to take their ID cards, so that is obviously a lie.

Usually Dynasty Grande has a policy that you have to pay 500 thb guest charge for the second girl and everyone who goes up to your room has to leave their IDs at the reception. Anyway the group of four goes up to his room + my father who is carried, no one from the hotel follows them up. 20 minutes later the thai males are spotted going out the kitchen exit next to the fitness center, covering their faces for the CCTV. This means that they do not pass the reception on the way out. The girls comes 11 minutes later, leaving, with the same procedure. This shows that they are very well familiar with the Dynasty Grande hotel. My father was in no condition to open the safe. So this means that they have either had the hotel safe master key or they had knowledge to open the safe.

He does not even remember what happened the day after but a friend of his was there to help him and has told me the story.

Do not get me wrong I have heard stories about people getting drugged when they already have arrived at the hotel and then robbed. But I have never heard about someone who was drugged at a bar outside, then taken in to his hotel and robbed.

Needless to say we have probably spent more than 100 nights at Dynasty Grande, but will never stay at this hotel again after this serious breach of security.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm probably first warning sign is being asked to come over to someone's table. One more for the road would be the second warning sign...

Anyways how did they get into the safe? (broken into or did he punch the #'s in himself) It seems to me the hotel was complicit and working with these four.

Why is he keeping that much dosh in a safe??? :)

Edited by britmaveric

I wounder how many people have died from this drugging robbery.Your father could have been on medication or have a hart problem, I would make it known to the Hotel management what happened , point out the discrepancies with the security and say you will never stay there again and make it known, to all Falang , maybe that may spark an investigation,

He went to the Lumpini police station. The colonel he spoke to just had a laugh. Told him that he to go to a hospital and take a drug test and it would take approximately 4 hours before he would get the results. Then he had to go the hotel and get a copy of CCTV recordings and then come back to the police station. The hotel refused to give out the recordings because they are required by law to keep the recordings for 72 hours.

By that time he was in Norway.

He should have gone to the tourist police, but he was not in shape.

He was feeling drugged mostly of his last day as well, only remember small parts from the next day.

Just an expensive lesson learned.

He also thinks that the night shift was in on it, or someone else at the hotel.

Edited by Pattayaseven

Yet another pathetic sob story. ----------------This man gets pis*ed (2K bill) volunteered to go with people he did not know ------------------- and then wanted to go to Soi Cowboy -------------- how stupid is that ? If in 97 trips he has learnt nothing this man must be mentally deficient and his son shou;d have been taking care of him.

All "victims" are volunteers !!! Stop whining

Yet another pathetic sob story. ----------------This man gets pis*ed (2K bill) volunteered to go with people he did not know ------------------- and then wanted to go to Soi Cowboy -------------- how stupid is that ? If in 97 trips he has learnt nothing this man must be mentally deficient and his son shou;d have been taking care of him.

Innocent bloke goes out has a few drinks meets some local Thais treats them to a drink a few games of pool and invites them for a few more at a bar elsewhere...etc....done it myself plenty of times in Bangkok...

Isolated incidents these thankfully. :)

EDIT Just to add made some good friends this way over the years. Been up north to meet the family etc....plenty of decent Thais out there.

Edited by smokie36

Considering that is your very first post jrt, you're certainly off on the right foot on how to make friends and influence people....welcome to TV....NOT!

People ask for the own problems, keeping 60k in there hotel room is stupid..have people not heard of a bank?

He probably started telling them personal information, dropping 2k drink bills by buying these random girls drinks..then they just think lets drug this sucker and rob him, lesson learnt but another fool will do the same thing day after day....

People ask for the own problems, keeping 60k in there hotel room is stupid..have people not heard of a bank?

He probably started telling them personal information, dropping 2k drink bills by buying these random girls drinks..then they just think lets drug this sucker and rob him, lesson learnt but another fool will do the same thing day after day....

I wonder how many hotels in the 2000+ Baht a night range will allow their customer to be carried upstairs unaccompanied and fleeced of his money while unconscious? same thing happening every day?....I doubt it!

Considering that is your very first post jrt, you're certainly off on the right foot on how to make friends and influence people....welcome to TV....NOT!

Seconded.

Think someone needs to crawl back under a bridge, reminder to my self "Do Not Feed"..

shucks just did. :)

Reports of this kind of thing happening seem to be getting more common and IMO people posting about them trying to warn others of this kind of thing going on serves as a warning to others though I'd be cautious about being libelous on a public forum .

Edited by MB1

60k is not a lot of money, especially if one travels.

There are quite a few details about the story that don't add up.

I suppose the OP's dad really got robbed, but I think it didn't happen exactly like that.

First, how would the evil girls and their evil helpers target the right guy who stays at DIG where they have accomplices in the night shift?

Has he been followed?

Then, it was mentioned already, the DIG's joiner policy.

I don't really see the reception girls ignore the extra guests, and it is hard to believe that both girls plus the guard outside are all accomplices.

Third, the hotel then showed him the CCTV?

Why and for what?

Wouldn't the tapes have been taken care of if everyone was an accomplice?

Why do the "robbers" hide their faces when going out but not when going in?

He came in with the taxi driver carrying him - and the driver stayed 20 minutes in the room before leaving?

His taxi stayed 20 mins at the entrance of the DIG?

Lastly, since the goal of all this "Bangkok robbery" was his safe, and since he didn't open it, obviously someone from the staff had to open it?

Then why they went into this complicated setup when all they had to do was to go to his room when he wouldn't be there?

And I think the only guys to have the safe keys are the shift managers + general management.

And why wouldn't the police station dispatch a grunt to pickup the CCTV tapes?

Never heard of someone being asked by police to go and collect evidence from a third party??

Many unanswered questions for me!

I don't say the whole story is bullshit, I just really wonder about those details.

Edited by manarak

It blows that all his stuff was stolen.

But you know what? He is not exactly a kid either. Been to Thailand 97 times and still out whoring?

These girls move to the city to sell themselves for MONEY

MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY

I wouldn't put it past any of them to do something like this.

Easier then getting the salami from gramp right?

If you hang around low life sooner or later you become a victim and you have no one to blame but yourself

97 times I would he would know the game better that that?

A 35 year old? Geez

After 97 times he could have met some one nice that would be happy to look out for him

60k is not a lot of money, especially if one travels.

There are quite a few details about the story that don't add up.

I suppose the OP's dad really got robbed, but I think it didn't happen exactly like that.

First, how would the evil girls and their evil helpers target the right guy who stays at DIG where they have accomplices in the night shift?

Has he been followed?

Then, it was mentioned already, the DIG's joiner policy.

I don't really see the reception girls ignore the extra guests, and it is hard to believe that both girls plus the guard outside are all accomplices.

Third, the hotel then showed him the CCTV?

Why and for what?

Wouldn't the tapes have been taken care of if everyone was an accomplice?

Why do the "robbers" hide their faces when going out but not when going in?

He came in with the taxi driver carrying him - and the driver stayed 20 minutes in the room before leaving?

His taxi stayed 20 mins at the entrance of the DIG?

Lastly, since the goal of all this "Bangkok robbery" was his safe, and since he didn't open it, obviously someone from the staff had to open it?

Then why they went into this complicated setup when all they had to do was to go to his room when he wouldn't be there?

And I think the only guys to have the safe keys are the shift managers + general management.

And why wouldn't the police station dispatch a grunt to pickup the CCTV tapes?

Never heard of someone being asked by police to go and collect evidence from a third party??

Many unanswered questions for me!

I don't say the whole story is bullshit, I just really wonder about those details.

Couple of years ago a similar thing happenend to a friend of mine , My friend was staying at the Nana Hotel , I recieved a phone call from him ( he had persauded the hotel staff to let him use the phone to call me in U.K. ) He was in a disstressed state saying he had lost his wallet containing his cash complete with all his credit cards etc , He still had a week of his Holiday left and was skint . I sent him a Grand via Western Union to his eternall thanks and relief , It was only months later that he told me the truth , Being a seasioned Thailand visitor he was embaressed about his stuipidity , Very similar tale , drinking with 2 thai girls , he remembers paying his bar bill then waking up in his room with a stonking headache and feeling very drowsy, He had 6000baht in his wallet+credit cards and 40,000 baht hidden in room !

It can happen to anyone , :)

I have to take the OP's post at face value obviously, but I have stayed at DIG many many times usually on 2/3 month stays. I am not a 'joiner' kind of person, but have taken friends to my room (the type who object to being asked for id) and Reception are always strict and pleasant with their rules. The receptionists all seem to have been there a long time and I have seen enough to know that they are not stupid and have heard it all before; certainly I can not imagine they would let this kind of group pass simply on the insistence of a customer. That kind of situation begs to be looked into and for ID to be taken, or even admission refused.

A lot of this doesnt ring true, but again, benefit of the doubt.

I do not have the answers to all your questions. This really happened. I have nothing to earn by posting this story, actually I have more to lose, because my family has invested much money (everything is relative), in the real estate industry in Thailand. I was just trying to warn fellow travellers.

If he couldn't remember anything how come he remembered that the girl's name was Da, she was 22 and she came from Nakhon Phanom?

He does not, but I do. He remembers how they look. As i mentioned he called me from the taxi and let me speak to the girl. Everything seemed fine.

I obviously see that you all have read Dan Brown's books and think that everything is a big conspiration.

Believe what you want.

Have nice day.

Just beware ,this sort of thing could happen to all of us.I mean it could happen at any country.I say play it safe and always keep your guard up.

It certainly can, I was drugged last week in a beer bar in Patpong 2, it took me a couple of days to get over it. I suspect they used some kind of Barbiturates.

Edited by ukrules

Considering that is your very first post <snip>

Using this nick, yes.