Estate Agents Here

evanson

I presume Karen you are involved in selling to generally older expats/ retirement market that does seem to favour the way south areas but don't knock what many consider to be the best part of the island.

I need a very good reason to go south of central, like a free party with a bed included.

Wrong! I have no business interests in Phuket.

Best beachfront bars are in Chalong and Rawai. Your loss.

If your definition of 'prime areas' is to have the best beachfront bars, maybe you should get out of the beach bars more and see the rest of the island. Most people (on full time residential basis) go for pleasant areas and quality of life, with most of that ilk staying firmly away from the over priced tourist havens.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A house should be inspected and properly valued by comparing it with similar property's in the surrounding area

which have been sold, this includes construction,quality of Finnish, age, land area, location including views, traffic

flow [ no one wants to live on a busy road ] and many other things.

and this would be great if the vendors agreed with it !, for example in the uk you have to have a HIP's report on your house before selling it, which more or less does the above, but the cheapest agent will charge 5000 THB for this, as it takes time, but is a legal requirement.

here in thailand, the vendors make the prices, if an agent attempts to value the property, or give a better market guide price, the vendor will just go to an other agent..

There are some well priced properties out there, and there sold !, and as a few posters have mentioned certain agents have only gone with say 1 client to there house in 1 year, could that not be down to the vendor over pricing and not the agent? ....

and this would be great if the vendors agreed with it !, for example in the uk you have to have a HIP's report on your house before selling it, which more or less does the above, but the cheapest agent will charge 5000 THB for this, as it takes time, but is a legal requirement.

here in thailand, the vendors make the prices, if an agent attempts to value the property, or give a better market guide price, the vendor will just go to an other agent..

There are some well priced properties out there, and there sold !, and as a few posters have mentioned certain agents have only gone with say 1 client to there house in 1 year, could that not be down to the vendor over pricing and not the agent? ....

If the vendor puts the price on his property and its far to high why even bother listing the property it

just makes the agent look bad having unsold listing for months and quite often years.

But if the agent is to lazy to even look at a property go and take photos[telling the vendor to take photos

and send them to his office] why bother dealing with that type of agent, read some of the previous posts.

I believe people will take notice of what a professional agent tells them if he takes his time and does a proper

valuation, everyone knows most property's here are over valued by a large amount and would value the opinion

of a true professional unfortunately they do not seem to exist in phuket.

I think you will find that in many cases the price isn't set by the agent, but, by the seller.

An estate agent told me that and acknowledged that the seller's price was too high, which is why many, many houses have been on the market for years.

There are many houses that are full of marble, high end kitchens and fittings, yet are built on a tiny piece of land. The owner wants to get his money back plus profit, so, the price they ask is silly. In Thailand more than most countries, the value is in the land, rather than the house.

Exceptions to this are condos and flats.

I think you will find that in many cases the price isn't set by the agent, but, by the seller.

An estate agent told me that and acknowledged that the seller's price was too high, which is why many, many houses have been on the market for years.

There are many houses that are full of marble, high end kitchens and fittings, yet are built on a tiny piece of land. The owner wants to get his money back plus profit, so, the price they ask is silly. In Thailand more than most countries, the value is in the land, rather than the house.

hmm, if you build a 10 mill baht house on a 2 mill baht land plot, in excellent quality structure. I d say most of the value is in the house for the first 20-40 years

as for condos and flats

hmm, if you build a 10 mill baht house on a 2 mill baht land plot, in excellent quality structure. I d say most of the value is in the house for the first 20-40 years

as for condos and flats

I have to agree with Karen, building the right house in the right location is important.

The value of the land and its location is important, i for one would not build a 10 million baht house

on land worth 2 million, its important the house value reflects the land value or you will end up with

the dearest house in the street, and have much cheaper houses built around you which is not good if

you ever want to sell.

Land always appreciates in value and buildings always depreciate in value, there are many places

where people buy land for its location and have no interest in the building on it, they will demolish

them and rebuild.

I have to agree with Karen, building the right house in the right location is important.

The value of the land and its location is important, i for one would not build a 10 million baht house

on land worth 2 million, its important the house value reflects the land value or you will end up with

the dearest house in the street, and have much cheaper houses built around you which is not good if

you ever want to sell.

Land always appreciates in value and buildings always depreciate in value, there are many places

where people buy land for its location and have no interest in the building on it, they will demolish

them and rebuild.

Private Moo Baan 1 km from Kata Beach, most people would consider prime location. Its just that in our neighborhood, most have chosen to build highend houses on small landplots. Our garden is Kata Beach. Pool and Sala on secondfloor makes the relax area.

Land in prime location becomes affordable when they are small plots.

Look at Katamanda too, small plots, secondhand market starts at 25 mill baht.

Private Moo Baan 1 km from Kata Beach, most people would consider prime location. Its just that in our neighborhood, most have chosen to build highend houses on small landplots. Our garden is Kata Beach. Pool and Sala on secondfloor makes the relax area.

Land in prime location becomes affordable when they are small plots.

Look at Katamanda too, small plots, secondhand market starts at 25 mill baht.

It took us over two years to sell our prime apartment at Kata Beach(Aspasia) and we were not over pricing; we had three nearlies ,one of which was stolen by a lawyer who had been asked to give impartial advice on The BVI setup; he got our buyer to buy another lawyer's apartment who happened to be a friend of his in the same development; so much for the honesty of lawyers in Asia!

When we did sell we made no actual profit on the price we paid four years ago, but were happy to get out .

It took us over two years to sell our prime apartment at Kata Beach(Aspasia) and we were not over pricing; we had three nearlies ,one of which was stolen by a lawyer who had been asked to give impartial advice on The BVI setup; he got our buyer to buy another lawyer's apartment who happened to be a friend of his in the same development; so much for the honesty of lawyers in Asia!

When we did sell we made no actual profit on the price we paid four years ago, but were happy to get out .

I believe (initial?) commonfees in Aspasia made resale very slow. Was it a farang freehold, and what was sqm price for apartment and commonfees at point of sale?

Oh very well put, Wellington - and especially the last six words. We feel the same.

We have a sale of our re-sale villa going on currently. Do I feel confident that the sale will go through? No I don't. The Buyer has started flip-flopping, the Lawyers cannot agree with each other on the tax situation (and no doubt we will have a big "face" situation with them now - which Lawyer will back down?), and the Broker has been hiding things from us. What a great country this is.

Oh very well put, Wellington - and especially the last six words. We feel the same.

We have a sale of our re-sale villa going on currently. Do I feel confident that the sale will go through? No I don't. The Buyer has started flip-flopping, the Lawyers cannot agree with each other on the tax situation (and no doubt we will have a big "face" situation with them now - which Lawyer will back down?), and the Broker has been hiding things from us. What a great country this is.

It is a great country.

I am sorry you are dealing with some not so great people

I believe (initial?) commonfees in Aspasia made resale very slow. Was it a farang freehold, and what was sqm price for apartment and commonfees at point of sale?

Common Area fees are a wopping 180,000bht/annum

The last few posts have rather pointed up not only the ineffectuality of the island's agents, but lawyers and brokers also. Just this week it came to my attention that an 'estate agent' going by the name xxxxxx, ('con' being the operative word), and managed by some aussie named xxxxxxxx (fair warning), together with his partner xxxxxxxx had still been attempting to sell a property, months after the then absent owner had presented xxxxxxx with substantial proof as to the 'broker' having acted fraudulently by claiming the property as his own, having paid some shyster lawyer to dummy up a fake Power of Attorney and had it filed at the Land Office in Phuket Town. So watch out for them too. What I found incredibly funny was the fact that they were miffed that yet another buyer had pulled out, after having found the locks superglued, and smelled rat. :)

If Estate Agents are held in esteem just above second car salesmen in the UK, I would put the lazy lying scum just below xxxxxxxx, here.

The last few posts have rather pointed up not only the ineffectuality of the island's agents, but lawyers and brokers also. Just this week it came to my attention that an 'estate agent' going by the name xxxxxx, ('con' being the operative word), and managed by some aussie named xxxxxxxx (fair warning), together with his partner xxxxxxxx had still been attempting to sell a property, months after the then absent owner had presented xxxxxxx with substantial proof as to the 'broker' having acted fraudulently by claiming the property as his own, having paid some shyster lawyer to dummy up a fake Power of Attorney and had it filed at the Land Office in Phuket Town. So watch out for them too. What I found incredibly funny was the fact that they were miffed that yet another buyer had pulled out, after having found the locks superglued, and smelled rat. :)

If Estate Agents are held in esteem just above second car salesmen in the UK, I would put the lazy lying scum just below xxxxxxxx, here.

If anyone would feel the names concealed with x's by virtue of forum rules might aid them in avoiding at least a miniscule amount of the many and varied 'businessmen' here attempting to part them from their lifesavings, do please feel free to pm me. Even the many who might believe, for whatever reason :D , I'm referring to them.