Red Shirts In Pattaya

begsaresponse

I witnessed the gathering of a few "Red Shirts" around 11.30 am today. They left Soi Day Night and along third road but where they went after that I don't know.

Hope they leave Pattaya alone. Songkran is upon us...is this the beginning of them trying to put people off coming to Pattaya?

begs :)

I passed them at 2 pm in front of the city hall. Getting sick of them....it's like the mob wanting to take over the country.

The next scheduled election is 1.5 yrs ahead and the government even offered to do new elections within 9 months. So what?

From a very reliable source I know that some people from Pattaya get paid 4000 Baht for a week protesting in BKK. They have to leave their ID card, which will be given back upon their return. What a mess!

I passed them at 2 pm in front of the city hall. Getting sick of them....it's like the mob wanting to take over the country.

The next scheduled election is 1.5 yrs ahead and the government even offered to do new elections within 9 months. So what?

From a very reliable source I know that some people from Pattaya get paid 4000 Baht for a week protesting in BKK. They have to leave their ID card, which will be given back upon their return. What a mess!

yes, I also heard similar story from an old villager that we were giving a lift back to his home beside suphanburi. he said that they were offering 400baht per day to some villagers where he lives to join the protest, but they were only to get the money only if they stayed until the end of protests

In response to the OP - i doubt a few red-shirts protesting in a soi or in front of a govt building are gonna put off tourists going to Pattaya!

If the red-shirts, however, converged on Walking Street and forced the closure of the bars down there i suspect that would put off some people.

The protest have an impact not on Pattaya itself, but it damages the overall picture of Thailand, including tourism, economy etc.

If I could chose I would not like to stay in country run by those leaders, not to mention Mr. Big T.

Look at Bangkok. They ARE a mob trying to take over the country. I know some of you have fallen for some Isaan lovely and actually support these radical Thaksinistas. Be careful what you wish for ...

So what do you think of the "Yellow shirts"? you are quick to condemn! this is way beyond any "Taksinistas" now, are you one of the people that consider them too stupid to have a vote? :)

Look at Bangkok. They ARE a mob trying to take over the country. I know some of you have fallen for some Isaan lovely and actually support these radical Thaksinistas. Be careful what you wish for ...

So what do you think of the "Yellow shirts"? you are quick to condemn! this is way beyond any "Taksinistas" now, are you one of the people that consider them too stupid to have a vote? :)

I also don't like the yellow shirts. But if Germany had had yellow shirts when Hitler was rising to power (yes he was elected) I think history would have been kind to them. I see Thaksin as a dark, evil force for Thailand, yes. Of course I don't support the yellow shirts ideology, they are fascists. To say that being anti red equals being pro yellow is a LIE.

The plot thickens --

Pattaya News: [Pattaya One] Pattaya Red Shirts leave City Hall and move to protect their local radio station from closure

So the government has ordered the closure of media provoking violent pro Thaksin revolution? Sounds good to me.

2doors down from me my friends wife only gets 400 baht a day for supporting the yellows,better tell her to get her fat ass down to city hall or soi day/night.She takes food also and sells it at rallys,the cheap charlie her.

I also don't like the yellow shirts. But if Germany had had yellow shirts when Hitler was rising to power (yes he was elected) I think history would have been kind to them. I see Thaksin as a dark, evil force for Thailand, yes. Of course I don't support the yellow shirts ideology, they are fascists. To say that being anti red equals being pro yellow is a LIE.

I suppose you hate those nasty little issan boys working in soi vc then

I don't hate anyone based on where they come from. I do hate the red shirts ideology and violent anarchic tactics, but understand many of their followers are brainwashed by propaganda because they have limited education and are easily swayed/bought off. Also there is a civil war mentality developing in Thailand. If you are from Isaan there is strong social pressure to be either pro red or if not, at least never express any anti-red thought. That is very toxic and a sad situation for the entire country.

BTW, if your comment was meant as a kind of anti-gay slur, I guess that means you are anti-gay, thanks for sharing your bigotry with us. The reds, btw, have a record of anti-gay oppression which of course adds to my disgust for their movement, but for me is only a side issue to the bigger picture.

Edited by Jingthing

Yes good point somtampet lets not mock a man and his tastes! :)

Issan lovelies are trigendered now of course.

"BTW, if your comment was meant as a kind of anti-gay slur, I guess that means you are anti-gay, thanks for sharing your bigotry with us. The reds, btw, have a record of anti-gay oppression which of course adds to my disgust for their movement, but for me is only a side issue to the bigger picture."

So your comment about some of us "falling for an issan lovely"was not meant as a slur,you should choose your words carefully if you are talking bigotry in Thailand.

Throw stones glass houses....

Edited by NADTATIDA1

I don't hate anyone based on where they come from. I do hate the red shirts ideology and violent anarchic tactics, but understand many of their followers are brainwashed by propaganda because they have limited education and are easily swayed/bought off. Also there is a civil war mentality developing in Thailand. If you are from Isaan there is strong social pressure to be either pro red or if not, at least never express any anti-red thought. That is very toxic and a sad situation for the entire country.

I live in Issan and i do not sense remotely any of what you have stated,in fact nobody is pressured to go to Bangkok they are paid if they want to go,i drink in the local shop and people are genuinly interested in what a farang thinks about the situation..and i speak my mind.Violent anarchic tactics? I think they have been against violence so far and have kept up to there word.

Nobody feels scared of what is happening up here i can assure you of that fact red or yellow!

I live in Issan and i do not sense remotely any of what you have stated,in fact nobody is pressured to go to Bangkok they are paid if they want to go,i drink in the local shop and people are genuinly interested in what a farang thinks about the situation..and i speak my mind.Violent anarchic tactics? I think they have been against violence so far and have kept up to there word.

Nobody feels scared of what is happening up here i can assure you of that fact red or yellow!

GOOD POINT

Many of these so called experts from Bangkok have never been to Issan,how could they live it down,having GF THATS NOT WHITE AND ACTUALY VISITING ISSAN,SO SICK ISNT IT

I don't hate anyone based on where they come from. I do hate the red shirts ideology and violent anarchic tactics, but understand many of their followers are brainwashed by propaganda because they have limited education and are easily swayed/bought off.

So basically you believe that only educated people should be able to choose their leaders because they can't be brainwashed or "swayed/bought off". What you fail to understand is that educated elite/rich have only one goal: To protect their wealth at any cost.

Your very own country is free as a result of wars and violence far beyond anything Thailand has ever seen. Of course if the red shirts rebel you call it "violent anarchic tactics".

Yes I heard the same thing. 3000 baht if you drive your pick-up and 1000baht for every person in it.

Just been watching Tan Network News showing "red shirt" flashing around an automatic pistol with the crowd cheering him on. Prior to this a policemen being thrown to the ground then a sruggle takes place around an automatic rifle.

Lawlesness spings to mind! :)

begs

Edited by begsaresponse

What's happening at Pattaya City Hall now? Today the government has successfully cracked down on the red Bangkok protesters (with minimal injuries and so far no deaths) but the reds are reportedly now attacking city halls in different parts of the country (which was their plan if they lost in Bangkok). So thus the question, what is happening now at Pattaya city hall?