Beware Clamping

brommers

:)

Today, as I have done for years I had a quick lunch in Lemon Tree on Thanon Huay Keauw. As usual I parked in the road outside the restaurant, but not in the red & white striped No Parking sections of that block. And I was clamped.

When I went to the Traffic Police office to pay the small fine the charming BIB told me it WAS a no parking area even though I had clear photographic evidence & then told me that 'you know this'.

Well Mr. Brownshirt how will anyone know this when it is clearly NOT marked as No Parking and has been used as such for more than a decade.

Just another way that extra tea money is extorted from the public, or is that unfair of the brave souls who protect us so valiantly !?

So if you plan on eating at any of he restaurants in that area BEWARE OF CLAMPING.

I always wondered when the day would come, that the Thai police will catch on that bashing down on the motorist is much more lucrative than chasing after criminals and real lawbreakers, just as they done in the UK when it all stated during the mid 1960s.

What’s next? Speed cameras? Parking meters and traffic wardens? Only a matter of time, keep tuned in to this channel.

What's next? Speed cameras? Parking meters and traffic wardens? Only a matter of time, keep tuned in to this channel.

Speed traps already out there!!  5 baht parking ticket sellers around Warorat market, too.

Emmmmm... wrong. OP is wrong, most people above also talking from non-oral-orify.

You can't park there during rush hour. 3pm until 6pm I believe.

(And at the Red & White you can of course never park there, that's not under debate)

Next. :)

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Emmmmm... wrong. OP is wrong, most people above also talking from non-oral-orify.

You can't park there during rush hour. 3pm until 6pm I believe.

(And at the Red & White you can of course never park there, that's not under debate)

Next. :)

Op was having lunch today, & posted before 3pm......

Speaking of the odd/even ones, say you're parking at 11:30pm and plan to not get back to the car before 3am or so.. Then what side should you pick I wonder..

emmm wrong Lemon Tree closes at 10 pm :):D

Speaking of the odd/even ones, say you're parking at 11:30pm and plan to not get back to the car before 3am or so.. Then what side should you pick I wonder..

That is what the middle of the street is for.