Michelin's Pilot Power 2ct

Feel free to give them a call. But from past experience you will be wasting your time. And the Michelin website only shows small bike tyres.

Try Pirelli at Showpow call Charlie 0890038886 she speaks excellent English.

also if you do a search there are several threads with numbers of shops in BKK

Pirelli Diable Corsa III is indeed a good alternative to the Michelin 2 compound tire. Actually, only the rear Diablo Corsa III tire has two rubber compounds in its construction.

In the list of available tires for Thailand I can see much more than only small bike tires http://admin.michelin.com.sg/extension/mic...street_bike.pdf

Thats cos you are on the SINGAPORE page

Look closely too the link, you will see /upload/tha/street_bike.pdf clearly indicating that it is Thailand. The Singapore upload is /upload/sg/street_bike.pdf

Also the link was taken from http://www.michelin.co.th/Home/Products-Services/Two-wheel

Edited by Richard-BKK

To the OP forget the Pirelli and Michelin discussion, both tires are more capable than you would ever need. The differences between the two... see it as mineral water from a spring in France and a spring in Italy still its H20, and until your name is Valentino Rossi you will likely see the difference. So buy smart and let your wallet do the hard decisions...

Edited by Richard-BKK

• 4 weeks later...

Michelin Pilot Power 2CT are very good tires, it outlasts diablo, and the front tires are 2 compound unlike the diablo, which is only one compoound for the front, check out the reviews and you will know which is better, I am using the 2ct on my FZ1 too. It is quite capable for track too, as I don't use it on track that often, will get the pilot road 2 for the coming change, would like to know also where to get it in thailand, and do they carry the Pilot road 2?

Hi guys, hey I just ordered a Michelin Pilot Power 2CT (rear, keeping Dunlop sportmax for front) for my 06 cbr1000rr (yes I am in the States). I wanted to try it because it has the dual compound. How is the wear compared to ordinary tires? I ride mainly commuting so the centers wear before the sides (like the sides on my bike are still good now--the center is bald), so I liked the idea of soft sides and hard(er) centers. From those that have them, do they last longer than ordinary tires for normal commuter usage? Thanks.

I was at the Khon Kaen Labour Day bike show over the weekend and found a place there that sells all of the Michelin motorcycle tires. He can order them and have them in three days. Here is the link-

http://sites.google.com/site/khonkaentyre/Home . I am running Pirelli Corsa III's on my Hayabusa now and am happy with them but want to try the Michelins to see if they last longer plus the Michelins have 2ct for the front tire.

If you are looking for durability, I suggest you go for the pilot road 2, a newer and improved model. It is also a dual compound tires with harder center than the power 2ct, good for hard acceleration and high speed tour, which I intend to change after my 2ct is up for change. It scores a 10 in durability compare to power 2ct, 6. From the link above by Richard-Bkk

Pilot Road 2

• 2 months later...

If they are locally produced Michelin Thailand has been having quality control problems. I know a few guys in the UK that have had problems with them. I had Pirelli Diablo Corsas on the FZ-1 and will try either Pirelli Angel ST or Diablo Stradas on the FJR.

Which begs the question, why do you want this high performance tire anyway? There are no twisty roads where these tires will really shine in LOS, and at Bira you can source many different tires. I would recommend BT-003s, cheaper and easier to get. Very similar feel. I'm in the States right now, where I usually get 2CTs or BT-003s depending on what is on sale at the moment of purchase.