Usa Public Tv

Capealava

What Jingthing means is you can use a proxy server from a region that isn't restricted which often, but not always, will work. Keep in mind using a proxy server to bypass the Thai Ministry of Information and Technology censorship blocks is illegal, but using proxy servers for other reasons is not against Thai law.

Proxies are actually not what I meant. BTW, it seems the show is a 2 hour film only, not a mini-series.

Also isn't that video only a CLIP anyway? You will want to watch the entire program of course.

Edited by Jingthing

The PBS videos are usually the entire program (and often, the extra bits). The reason that most of the newer ones are not available for some regions, I believe, because they have yet to be screened/broadcast in those regions. Once that's done, it will be available. It may take some time but eventually will be available.

Depending on how the documentary portraits the Buddha, it might be banned in Thailand.

Edited by agent69

I saw it last Thursday. It wasn't bad but it was pretty much Mahayana based and for me, a Theravada monk, sometimes a little off subject. But all and all a fairly decent movie. Most Americans I talked to that seen it seemed to enjoy it. But then again, us Americans seem to have a fondness for the Dalai Lama. Most farangs thinks he's the head of the Buddhist religion, kind of like the Pope.

The PBS videos are usually the entire program (and often, the extra bits). The reason that most of the newer ones are not available for some regions, I believe, because they have yet to be screened/broadcast in those regions. Once that's done, it will be available. It may take some time but eventually will be available.

Depending on how the documentary portraits the Buddha, it might be banned in Thailand.

no, I don't think so. The Buddha was portayed pretty consistant with the Thai version.