Thai Authorities Shut Down Red-Shirts Protesters Tv Station

webfact

bangkok post reporting army troops have reoccupied the thaicom station again and blackout the reds tv again.

Might be true, but I am still watching it right now.

I think you'd better not close your link since you can still watch it since you started at 8:30.

I tried to go to the link but i received a pop up window saying the ICT has blocked it.... :)

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

bangkok post reporting army troops have reoccupied the thaicom station again and blackout the reds tv again.

As I am too!! Maybe they haven't figured out how to turn it off? :)

Seems like it is not working for some people. My Internet is provided by that company that is the opposite of False ... the ones with the visions :D Same-same, chai mai?

How are you watching it? Thaicom is the satellite link, but nothing to do with the internet stream.

Seems like it is not working for some people. My Internet is provided by that company that is the opposite of False ... the ones with the visions :D Same-same, chai mai?

I can't watch it... my internet service provider is OTT (do some rearrangement please.... haha). And TV is completely blacked out.

Heartening news. Maybe Abhisit made the right moves to get things on track again to break up the insurgents.

Well he is making a half-arsed job of it at the moment if britmaveric and I are both able to watch it!

For some reason the streaming is clearer than anything I have had in the past 2 weeks. No buffering whatsoever since about 8pm. That's 4 hours. Not sure how long it will last, but no sign of it going yet.

My last words perhaps ...

Heartening news. Maybe Abhisit made the right moves to get things on track again to break up the insurgents.

6AF91C6CEC1D472DB0B2C291590A6A0B.jpg

Glad to see that you are showing how thick and insensitive some of these red protestors are.

Taking your kids to a demonstration where it is possible, nay PROBABLE, that violence will break out, is criminal, at best totally irresponsible.

I doubt you have kids, rainman, but even you through those red tinted bins, can surely not condone that!!!. :)

Seems to be mainly talk about what went on today and the usual rhetoric that has been coming out over the last few weeks.

Nothing mentioned about tomorrow. But that has become a well orchestrated tactic of the reds in the past couple of weeks.

Attract as many people as possible with promises of a magical mystery tour around Bangkok, then set off to predetermined destinations at the last minute.

Quite surprised that the military/police didn't seize the opportunity to move into Rajaprasong intersection early this afternoon when everyone was focused elsewhere. This suggests either the government remains determined to avoid violence at all costs, couldn't get the armed forces to cooperate or the idea never crossed their mind!

Glad to see that you are showing how thick and insensitive some of these red protestors are.

Taking your kids to a demonstration where it is possible, nay PROBABLE, that violence will break out, is criminal, at best totally irresponsible.

I doubt you have kids, rainman, but even you through those red tinted bins, can surely not condone that!!!. :)

Just showing you what the "insurgents" look like, so that you can blow them away with a water cannon when you see them!

If they black it out tonight again, guess where the red shirts will head first thing tomorrow morning? Let's hope the army and police don't need to nerve-gas and smoke-bomb themselves again.

It's as good as a complete blackout for me already. ICT blocked me on the internet.... and no signal on my satellite TV. :)

*yawnz*

It is highly irresponsible, however the yellow shirts did the same when they invaded government house and the airport. There were kids on TV and in the newspaper photos of people holding their kids among the yellow mob. The point being that whatever we may think, Thais probably have a different view and believe it will act as a barrier to being attacked. Another way of looking at it is that the parents feel strongly about the cause and have taken their kids along so that if the worst comes to the worst they will all perish together. I wouldn't consider doing it, but that's the way some people are.

During the yellow protests one of my Matthayom students from a middle class family attended the protests at government house after school on at least 3 occasions with her parents and 2 younger sisters (one was 8 years old). They seem like a responsible family, so what we consider responsible is quite different from the way many Thais possibly view actions like this.

If they black it out tonight again, guess where the red shirts will head first thing tomorrow morning? Let's hope the army and police don't need to nerve-gas and smoke-bomb themselves again.

It's as good as a complete blackout for me already. ICT blocked me on the internet.... and no signal on my satellite TV. :)

*yawnz*

The fact that some of us are still receiving a good signal suggests either:

1. The government have only successfully blocked some TV signals and some ISPs.

or

2. The red shirts have gained access to another satellite which is only bouncing signals to britmaveric and myself.

Somehow I think no.1 is more likely.

I'm going to take a guess at what will happen tomorrow:

- Thailand will wake up to the PTV signal being blocked again.

- Red shirts will head to ThaiCom once again.

- Army & Police will throw smoke bombs and tear gas against the wind again.

- Army & Police will run away again.

- Red shirts take over ThaiCom again.

- Abhisit will speak on national TV pool again saying that he is completely in control.

- Abhisit will issue another 1,000,000 arrest warrants for everyone and their grandmother.

- Army & Police chiefs will have dinner with the red shirt leaders at the nearest SomTam shop and discuss lottery numbers.

Just showing you what the "insurgents" look like, so that you can blow them away with a water cannon when you see them!

So you are quite ok with kids being taken to potentially dangerous demonstrations.

You really are quite pathetic.

- Abhisit will speak on national TV pool again saying that he is completely in control.

- Abhisit will issue another 1,000,000 arrest warrants for everyone and their grandmother.

- Army & Police chiefs will have dinner with the red shirt leaders at the nearest SomTam shop and discuss lottery numbers.

How about Sunday?

Well, they can do whatever they like tomorrow. I'm off to play futsal from 4-6pm around Kaset-Nawamin, just in case they fancy dropping in for a game on the way back from Pathum Thani.

I suspect your crystal ball may be cracked, but we shall see.

From the newspaper that nobody is allowed to quote (but which a moderator has decided to quote) on the news section. So I will probably be banned now. Double standards here too.

Army troops have reoccupied the Thaicom station at Phatum Thani province's Lat Lum Kaeo district and have managed to black out the red shirts' People's Channel TV broadcast again on Friday night.

Acting government spokesman Panithan Wattanayakorn said that the government has again blocked signal of PTV, and vowed that authorities would not let the red-shirts to break into the station's compound one more time.

He also dismissed speculation that there are rifts between the government and the army.

The move came after the protesters broke an army cordon and seized the station's compound in the afternoon to get the PTV back on air.