Thai Authorities Shut Down Red-Shirts Protesters Tv Station

webfact

Better than a Thai Chinese that ordered boats full of Rohingya refugees pulled into the open ocean without gas, food and water and left them to die.

Rainman- let's try again- yes or no: Are you saying Abihisit ordered the Rohinga towed out to sea?

He is certainly responsible if you use the same standards that you use with Khun T. :)

They guy seems to be claiming that Abhisit ordered the towing of the people out to sea. Just trying to clear up what he said. What is so hard about yes or no? typical red tactic of making baseless claims, then when pinned down, evade evade evade.

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The yellow shirts were inside the government building for 8 months and wrecked absolutely everything - even took 2 international airports hostage for nearly 2 weeks. Yet they're still free and a court decision nowhere even near. The only court decision that's happening on April 20th is if they at all will be prosecuted. If they do, there will be another half-decade long trial.

And the red shirts? They were on the grounds of the government building for 20 minutes and didn't damage anything, yet the government issues arrest warrants right away.

See the double standards?

PAD also wasn't threatening to burn Bangkok to the ground.

They general stayed in one place and generally telegraphed their movements.

The reds are running around all of Bangkok as the mood strikes

to anywhere they have a bug up their asses about.

Over an above the 'That was the This is now.' aspect.

This is todays problem not settling the score for 2 years ago's problem.

So it's okay to occupy the government building if you "stay in one place"? So I can gather a group of people together and then take over government house for 8 months and I'll be fine as long as I stay at the same place? I surely won't be prosecuted, right? As otherwise that would be double standard.

No it's not OK. I don't think anyone cares if Sondhi or Chamlong do some time. I sure don't, but TIT, does anybody EVER do the time? Does anyone ever face the consequences of their actions?

Better than a Thai Chinese that ordered boats full of Rohingya refugees pulled into the open ocean without gas, food and water and left them to die.

Rainman- let's try again- yes or no: Are you saying Abihisit ordered the Rohinga towed out to sea?

He is certainly responsible if you use the same standards that you use with Khun T. :)

They guy seems to be claiming that Abhisit ordered the towing of the people out to sea. Just trying to clear up what he said. What is so hard about yes or no? typical red tactic of making baseless claims, then when pinned down, evade evade evade.

I don't think I said Abhisit anywhere in my post. I said a "Thai Chinese", nothing about Abhisit. You are the one that came up with Abhisit immediately, not me.

So anyways, where is the 'Rohingya incident' report that Abhisit promised?

Who knows, maybe if he had time to address things other than the Reds we might be somewhere on this. Sorry, crossed posts - just saw your answer to previous question...so you'll just leave it as a "mystery man". Fine.

Edited by Netfan

The yellow shirts were inside the government building for 8 months and wrecked absolutely everything - even took 2 international airports hostage for nearly 2 weeks. Yet they're still free and a court decision nowhere even near. The only court decision that's happening on April 20th is if they at all will be prosecuted. If they do, there will be another half-decade long trial.

And the red shirts? They were on the grounds of the government building for 20 minutes and didn't damage anything, yet the government issues arrest warrants right away.

See the double standards?

:) The PAD leadership surrendered to the police after arrest warrants were issued for them. The Thaksin asset forfieture trial just finished and was started in 2007. The PAD leadership issue is Oct-Dec 2008. You can hardly whine about the speed of the proceedings now can you?

PS Swampy was shut for 8 days ----- I guess you could call that almost 2 weeks if you are given to hyperbole.

I believe Abhisit was opening a shopping center in Lad Phrao that day, he couldn't possibly had time to do it. It's absurd to think that a boy like Abhisit ordered anything larger than a happy meal with a number 3 toy.

Looks like he didn't get a free toy in his last happy meal and now he's pi**ed. :)

The 'boy' has defied a billionnaire with his organised gang of threatening thugs and ex military mercenaries for over a year.

In that time he's given free education for 15 years, reformed the rice mortgage scheme to cover 5 million farmers rather than Thaksin's 500,000, and yesterday granted debt moratoriums to over 500,000 farmers.

Coming up soon is land reform.

So, which "Thai Chinese" would that be then Rainman?

FF

You're not getting the answer you're looking for, it seems. No need to use up valuable ThaiVisa server storage space posting the same thing over and over. Let's move back on topic :)

Back on topic.

Red TV back on in Roi-et

Bad news for Abhisit. Looks like they found a foreign satellite beaming the signal into Thailand. No more censorship if that's the case.

Yup. Deafeningly loud speechgoing on. Looks all like it did before. Can't gauge the numbers of the crowd if bigger or smaller. Speaker is breaking into tears.

Edited by Thai at Heart

Btw one English teacher won't be getting his work permit renewed.

i have my own online teaching school also, so don't worry about my future income, wellbeing!!!!!! also have low level rental properties in uk etc etc. get my drift?

fuc_k me.. paranoid or what? You didn't see the farang on the red stage? I was referring to him.

I believe Abhisit was opening a shopping center in Lad Phrao that day, he couldn't possibly had time to do it. It's absurd to think that a boy like Abhisit ordered anything larger than a happy meal with a number 3 toy.

Looks like he didn't get a free toy in his last happy meal and now he's pi**ed. :)

The 'boy' has defied a billionnaire with his organised gang of threatening thugs and ex military mercenaries for over a year.

In that time he's given free education for 15 years, reformed the rice mortgage scheme to cover 5 million farmers rather than Thaksin's 500,000, and yesterday granted debt moratoriums to over 500,000 farmers.

All with money borrowed from the World Bank, which the ordinary Thai people then have to pay off for the rest of their lives.

He won't answer -- he knows the policy of how the Rohingya were treated started under his vaunted red shirt leaders. This is just a diversion to get away from the fact that he nominated Chevalit as PM :) And it worked until now ........

Back to Chevalit ---- with all those strikes against him that is who you want to suggest Rainman?

All with money borrowed from the World Bank, which the ordinary Thai people then have to pay off for the rest of their lives.

Don't know if your claim is true or not, but what is the Reds / PTP plan? I missed it somewhere between "no need to fill your bottles here" and "the reds invading parliament are fake reds".

That's going to change a lot of hearts and minds all over the country. ESPECIALLY in the N and NE. Long overdue from Thai governments. That's empowerment.

Back to Chevalit ---- with all those strikes against him that is who you want to suggest Rainman?

The fact that he took over during a financial crisis and then had to leave is a strike against him? Hardly.

Far worse decision is choosing Kasit as Foreign Monister, who assisted in causing Thailand billions in damages and stranded tens of thousands of tourists. Think about that, the future Foreign Minister preventing tourists from leaving.

By the way, what toy did you get with your happy meal today, jdinasia? Maybe you can swap your toy with someone if you've got it twice.

That's going to change a lot of hearts and minds all over the country. ESPECIALLY in the N and NE. Long overdue from Thai governments. That's empowerment.

The simple plan of an increased land tax on undeveloped land is awesome. Create a glut of land that people just don't want to pay taxes on, OR create a massive move to develop property which in turn drives the economy. Both ways generate increased income for the government for social welfare, education etc ...

Btw one English teacher won't be getting his work permit renewed.

i have my own online teaching school also, so don't worry about my future income, wellbeing!!!!!! also have low level rental properties in uk etc etc. get my drift?

fuc_k me.. paranoid or what? You didn't see the farang on the red stage? I was referring to him.

do you really have to use that tone of voice?

I do hate it when people use the f word at the start of a sentence its just so vulgar

The fact that he took over during a financial crisis and then had to leave is a strike against him? Hardly.

Far worse decision is choosing Kasit as Foreign Monister, who assisted in causing Thailand billions in damages and stranded tens of thousands of tourists. Think about that, the future Foreign Minister preventing tourists from leaving.

By the way, what toy did you get with your happy meal today, jdinasia? Maybe you can swap your toy with someone if you've got it twice.

I gotta hand it to you Rainman, you are the GOD of spin. "...he took over during a financial crisis and then had to leave...". :) Where did he have to go - out for lunch?

PS- agree on Kasit - not only a bad choice, but turns out he has no clue on how to do his job. Hopefully when things calm down he'll be shown the door. Now is not the time to do it though.

Edited by Netfan

hmmm I think you better go back and research Chevalit some more. His decisions on October 7th could even be considered a proximal cause of the airport rally.

The simple plan of an increased land tax on undeveloped land is awesome. Create a glut of land that people just don't want to pay taxes on, OR create a massive move to develop property which in turn drives the economy. Both ways generate increased income for the government for social welfare, education etc ...

I wasn't thinking about taxes but that will feed in later. When I think of land reform I'm thinking of the millions of Thais eeking out a living from land they hold no decent title to. What a frightening way to live. Just to become master of your own domain rather than the equivalant of a "tenant farmer" is a huge psychological shift IMO.

I wasn't thinking about taxes but that will feed in later. When I think of land reform I'm thinking of the millions of Thais eeking out a living from land they hold no decent title to. What a frightening way to live. Just to become master of your own domain rather than the equivalant of a "tenant farmer" is a huge psychological shift IMO.

What a crap. Most of the "poor Thais" own the land their farms stand on. It has been in their families for generations. Just because they own a piece of land doesn't mean they're rich. The land prices in the North and North-East can hardly be compared with the pieces of land in Sukhumvit, for example. Their entire farm land is barely worth more than a square meter of Sukhumvit land.

You really know nothing. Thanks for clearing that up.

What a crap. Most of the "poor Thais" own the land their farms stand on. It has been in their families for generations. Just because they own a piece of land doesn't mean they're rich. The land prices in the North and North-East can hardly be compared with the pieces of land in Sukhumvit, for example. Their entire farm land is barely worth more than a square meter of Sukhumvit land.

Hmmmmm apparently Rainman doesn't "get" what you mean with "land they hold no decent title to". Oh well

Back to Chevalit ...... The guy that said "I won't devalue the baht" and kept his word just long enough for some people to cash in on it ....

Get out of Bangkok sometime. Millions of Thais hold land that they lay registered claim to but not title. Some of the claims have existed for decades, some as a result of "degraded forests". It's you who doesn't seem to know anything about the many land ownership schemes that have been launched here in Thailand. Some by your hero Thaksin as part of his populist policies. Get out much?

Get out of Bangkok sometime. Millions of Thais hold land that they lay registered claim to but not title. Some of the claims have existed for decades, some as a result of "degraded forests". It's you who doesn't seem to know anything about the many land ownership schemes that have been launched here in Thailand. Some by your hero Thaksin as part of his populist policies. Get out much?

Do you have a credible source for that or is that a made up number?