Electricity Prices ? Confused? I Am

Don't necessarily believe gm when he says given a choice between western and thai woman - the answer will be western? (too many variables involved) The choice is based on many factors, and you can't choose one or the other based on race.
that seems quite high. it all depends what area you are cooling down to what temperature. i maintain ~80% of my living area at an average temperature of 26-27ºC. if the desired temperature of all the area was 22ºC my electricity bill would exceed 50,000 Baht. but even with my installed total capacity (273,000 btu/h) i doubt i could achieve 22º at ambient temperatures that vary presently between min 29 and max 34ºC.

If only you had bought 'advance & modern' inverter airconditioning systems :D:D

which wouldn't have saved me a single Satang. the simple reason is that nearly all my units are placed "strategically" and meant to run continously in cooling mode at low fan speed in order to achieve the highest possible dehumidification (anybody who complains in Thailand about ACs drying out air too much and cause sinus problems is in my [not so] humble view a hypochonder) :D

the only area i can think of where an inverter unit might make sense is the master bedroom. the latter has a big unit to cool down the room to an arctic :) 18ºC which i prefer when i go to bed and a small unit which only kicks in at 25ºC when the room has warmed up :D

LOL @ Naam. It didnt take much to start you this morning. :D I might give that artic 18 degree temp a run tonight, might work for me too. :D

^^^^

If you look on the rh side by the barcode you will see the rates per unit.

0-150 at 1.8 baht per unit,

150-400 at 2.8 baht per unit,

401 and up at 3.0 baht per unit.

So basically you used 150 x 1.8 = 271

+ 250 x 2.8 = 694

+ 1878 x 3.0 = 5 593

total = 6 558

Your use is banded into 3 tiers, as mentioned before the more you use the more expensive it becomes per unit.

When was the last time you had your a/c serviced?

For the benefit of the good Herr Doctor, 1 unit equates to 1 kwh.

Never looked at it and didn't know, thanks for this usefull information. :)

The several `stages` in price is something what is done in a lot of countries. Nothing `just Thai` about it.

Still a silly thing. Everyone should pay what the cost is to produce their units. What is next, you pay more per bite if you order more food?

basic amount of units per month for everyone is supplied by waterfall turbins. Those who use more units, pay more pr unit since its made from fuel and it loads distribution system more.

seems fair to me, and actually everyone pay what it costs to produce the units they need.

It was my understanding that most Thai households use very little electricity, that is the reasoning for the 1st tier. Those that use more electricity are charged more for the electricity they use, thus the different tiers which kick in on higher amounts of usage.

You are encouraged to use less electricity, if you use more you pay more. That was the explanation given to me.

I live in a rural area and I pay between 2,500 -3000 baht for monthly usage when I used my air.

Cheers: :)