Red Shirt Murderers Get 20 Years Each

Maejo Man

I noticed in today's national press that the court in Chiangmai has sentenced five men to 20 years in jail for the murder of the father of a key member of the yellow shirt People's Alliance for Democracy.

One of those convicted is the chief security guard of the red shirt Rak Chiang Mai 51 group, Niyom Lueangcharoen, who has jumped bail and was last seen on the stage of the current demonstration in Bangkok. I trust he will be aprehended very soon.

Good news; always nice to see a legal process actually come to a conclusion.

..Now for the PAD criminals.. .. that may take some more time.

excuse my ignorance; how many people have chiang mai PAD killed?

any news on what happened to red shirt leader who tried to take the gun in to the airport or those manufacturing explosives?

Guys.. What I am alluding to is that the gears of justice should ideally rev at the same speed in all cases.

Did you conveniently skip over me callling it good news?

Please, no need for name calling and flaming. Manage some respect for fellow forum members who may hold a different world view to your own! :)

how many people have chiang mai PAD killed?

They key-word being 'Chiang Mai' right? Chiang Mai is not exactly a hot-bed of PAD supporters. (There are some obviously)

any news on what happened to red shirt leader who tried to take the gun in to the airport or those manufacturing explosives?

Any news on the PAD guys trying to murder journalists during the airport siege? Look, there are plenty violent nut-cases on all sides. The justice system has the difficult task to punish the criminals involved, and do so thoroughly and promptly, so the nation can see that everyone is treated equally and fairly. That's all.

For reference, in case people have short memories:

A mobile TV technician and his driver almost got killed when they lost their way at an anti-government protest site yesterday.

Phanumart Jaihork, a TNN relay controller, said his pickup truck came under heavy gunfire from People's Alliance for Democracy guards at Don Mueang Airport. The vehicle carried the logos of the company and TV station on its sides and a microwave transmitter in its bed.

Source: http://nationmultimedia.com/2008/12/01/pol...cs_30089833.php

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

typical red shirt mentality, they did this or that so i am intightled to do the same or worse terrible. in the red shirt case its more and worse, no debate, no bias, only fact.

I agree everyone should be treated equaly under the law and the reds have as much right to file complaints as anyone else, but no right to break the law themselves!

I would not call it "typical red shirt mentality" It seems more of a method to blame someone else instead of accepting responsibility or in some cases to attempt to change the topic or shift it away from the wrong doers.

I am reminded of the old 'eye for an eye' analogy, "Well did it work,? not yet, we have too many blind people to take care of."

I would not call it "typical red shirt mentality" It seems more of a method to blame someone else instead of accepting responsibility or in some cases to attempt to change the topic or shift it away from the wrong doers.

I am reminded of the old 'eye for an eye' analogy, "Well did it work,? not yet, we have too many blind people to take care of."

"eye for an eye" would be tit for tat retallitory strikes by either side, where as this is one side trying to excuse what they are doing by saying "well they did this or that first", yes as you say they are trying to shift the topic away from the wrong doers.

btw i was genuinely interested as to what happenned to the red who were caught making bombs. seems the police could do well to monitor those same people given the spate of attacks recently.

was this the guy who tried to run them down with his car and then was killed by the mob?

if i was in the midst of a blood thirsty mob beating on my car i can say for sure i would floor it! i dont know if this is what happened though. if he had of floored it how would they of been able to drag him out of the vehicle?

But despite it all, would it be fair to say that vast majority of protesters on both sides are peaceful campaigners trying to get themselves heard, in what is after all, a mainly democratic freedom of public protest and campaigning of their beliefs?

Even the western NEWS reports a 'Carnival Atmosphere' for most of the time. After all, we in the West are always marching through the towns and cities protesting about this and that, yet even here there are always a few ugly (and occasional fatal) stories to come out of these public gatherings.

I was talking to a Thai today in CM and she referred to the red shirts as 'mobsters' and many of her friends share the same view. But we’re lead to believe that this is strong red shirt country. Are the 'uneducated and ill informed' perhaps just being lead by charismatic leaders out to stir up trouble or buy support for their agendas maybe? I'm talking about both sides here.

The point is this; if many of the Thais don't really know what it's all about, then perhaps they are pretty easily influenced. So if the nationals are a bit befuddled, then us lot haven't got a clue! Although I'm sure there are some foreigners on this forum who's wife's brother's daughter is married to someone close to the blah, blah, blah……………… and passed on that valuable 'in the know' type of privileged information.

Break the law, pay the consequences. Most, all though not all, criminals eventually get their comeuppance, even if it's only in the form of constantly looking over their shoulder for the remainder of their natural life, and let's face it, who'd want to live like that!

Hope i haven't offended any expat fugitives ha ha lol :)

Aitch

Edited by Drew Aitch

The ways in which the red shirts organize and mobilize taxi drivers and motorcycle taxi drivers (who are often part of their violent thug forces) is indeed the kind of thing done by organized crime syndicates. There is something mobster like about the entire red shirt movement.

Chiang Mai doesn't have a significant number of motorcycle taxi drivers, other than a handful at the bus station, and they're not thugs.

How about sticking to the Pattaya forum instead of polluting all the other forums with your 'insight' ?

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

But despite it all, would it be fair to say that vast majority of protesters on both sides are peaceful campaigners trying to get themselves heard, in what is after all, a mainly democratic freedom of public protest and campaigning of their beliefs?

Even the western NEWS reports a 'Carnival Atmosphere' for most of the time. After all, we in the West are always marching through the towns and cities protesting about this and that, yet even here there are always a few ugly (and occasional fatal) stories to come out of these public gathering

Yes, but keep in mind that many of the 'experts' here don't read those. They just gobble up The Nation as if it's gospel and then claim that the protesters are somtam eating uneducated hitler fans. It's really quite sad to see such an attitude about the people in whose country they live.

Speaking of my local Thai freinds.....none are red shirt members or supporters......All however love, and that is he correct word, Thaksin.

It may have been trickle down economics, he may have been corrupt, he may have been a lot of things. But they all remember that he did some things tangible (not money gifts) for them and their families to better their lives.

His motives may have been questionable. He may have been trying to develop a power base...but hey thats what all Western politicians do as well, but he is the first one to show interest (even self interest) in the rural people of N Thailand...and he was voted in...twice.

As for the claims of people supporting him being led, or rural or uneduated....they get heard, they get to vote too, its called democracy.

You can argue to the cows come home that Chiang Mai is or is not a Red Shirt stronghold, or whether they are thugs, but for me this will aways be Thaksin country.

Edited by mamborobert