My Opinion Of Pattaya

californiabeachboy

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The city of Pattaya is split into two categories of temporary residents. One who has either given up on life or the other who has turned the page for a new chapter in ones adventures.

You can't burn the candle at two ends. You either adapt and live a healthy, worthwhile existence in your temporary abode, learn and educate ones self or alternatively give up on ones personal hygiene, morals and outlook on life and drink oneself to any early grave.

And as the local phrase is so adequately put "up to you".

The city of Pattaya is split into two categories of temporary residents. One who has either given up on life or the other who has turned the page for a new chapter in ones adventures.

You can't burn the candle at two ends. You either adapt and live a healthy, worthwhile existence in your temporary abode, learn and educate ones self or alternatively give up on ones personal hygiene, morals and outlook on life and drink oneself to any early grave.

And as the local phrase is so adequately put "up to you".

Heads up, Pattayans! Yo' Momma has arrived to show the One True Path, utter ruination being the ONLY alternative.

Cease having fun immediately! Adapt! No smoking, no drinking, no meat, no sex outside marriage (and then only for procreation), no bars, no loud music, no motorcycles. Brush thrice a day, use dental floss, visit your dentist every 6 months. Drink 8 glasses of water daily. Track your bowel movements carefully; get enough fiber. Exercise one hour daily. Close doors behind you quietly so as not to disturb others. Be in bed no later than 9:30. I mean 9:30 PM. Save every satang for a rainy day. Attend your local church, synagogue, temple, or mosque regularly and tithe at least 10% of your net income. Read inspirational books such as Jonathan Livingston Seagull and think a particular happy thought every morning, such as, "Pity those lacking my own vast number of healthy neurons." (Ref. here)

Prepare for a very happy long old age of doing the same in your "new chapter" in your life's "adventure."

Why do you think there's a Pattaya and we're living here rather than in some nanny state, where our abode would also be temporary?

I love these healthy-neuron posters who suddenly appear on our forum. :)

My first trip here lasted one night. Stayed on Beach Road. Checked out the area around there, got up early the next morning and left. I hated it. Vowed never to come back. But, a few years later, came again with some friends. Then came again for a quick getaway from Bangkok. The place started to look better. We found a nice and cheap hotel near Central and Beach road (with a great pool) and started visiting on a regular basis...lots of places to eat...and got to visit my wife's relatives. It was OK...but the sleaze factor was still a little hard to deal with.

What really changed my opinion was when I started to check out the areas outside "main" Pattaya and Jomtien. The dark side, Nakula, Bang Saray, etc. Nice places to live, decent property prices, and easy access to Pattaya if you need to go shopping or have visitors who want to see the craziness.

I don't go to the Beach Road area unless I am with visitors...or for the Pattaya Int'l Music Fest, or to visit Central Festival, etc. We live south of town near the Ambassador Hotel...less than 10 minutes to Tesco or the Big Cheap. We are right near a bunch of great restaurants right on the beach...and eat at these often.

The beach here is not as nice as in Phuket, etc., but it ain't bad! We have a decent sea breeze most of the time, so the air is fairly good.

To all the Pattaya bashers, don't forget Pattaya is not just Beach Road...just like Phuket is not just Patong....and Bangkok is not just Soi Cowboy.

I lived in Vegas for many years. Never went to the strip unless I had visitors. It is for tourists only...locals have different places they go to.