Saving Youtube Video Clips?

Tiger7Moth

Are you using Firefox? If so, there are a lot of add-ons available which let you download all kind of stuff, including videos from youtube.

Take a look at here or here

Real Player also lets you download from You Tube.

Using Firefox? Download the Ant video downloader add-on.

I use Internet Download Manager. I had a trial subscription and liked it well enough to buy it. It downloads to my download folder and I normally use VLC player. The download manager works with all browsers. I am using Pale Moon Project.

^

I agree, Internet Download Manager combines the pros of Free Download Manager with Orbit's Flash Download capabilities. I am just to stingy to buy it, so I don't use it :)

welo

I use Internet Download Manager. I had a trial subscription and liked it well enough to buy it. It downloads to my download folder and I normally use VLC player. The download manager works with all browsers. I am using Pale Moon Project.

Sorry, it may be a bit off the topc's scope, but I have 2 questions:

Re: Internet Download Manager

Is it really the best amongst paid/free download accelerators?

Re: Pale Moon Project

Have you compared the speeds of FF with other browsers like Chrome, IE, etc.?

P.S.

I just noted that Pale Moon will not work with AMD Athlon XP processors - I'm using one.

When it comes to web browsers, I would not necessarily consider 'speed' the most important criteria.

When looking at Javascript performance some compiler options will not speed up Firefox enough to be able to compete with Chrome, the difference is just too big.

Did anybody find a good review/comparison between Pale Moon and the default Firefox built? Just looked around but didn't find anything reliable, just buzz talk without any solid facts. I know the Pale Moon website lists benchmarks but those seem very limited in scope (focusing on very specific programmatic patterns) and say nothing about real world scenarios.

I am sticking with Firefox due to its addons (Chrome might catch up with its new extension platform) and for sentimental reasons - it was the Mozilla project that saved us from living hel_l on earth with a stagnating Internet Explorer.

I am in no position to comment on 'the best' download manager. When it comes to freeware 'Free Download Manager' is surely a nice pick and its rich feature-set will satisfy most users (with the exception of flash movie downloads - they are working on this feature but last time I checked it was still not usable yet).

welo

Since we are mentioning download managers, my personal favorite and which I have been using for years is FlashGet combined with the FF plugin flashgot. I would recommend getting the older version, around 1.6-1.9 as it seems lighter weight then the current 3.3 version. Version 1.9 and 1.7.3 (Classic version) is also available from the above link. It is freeware.

Ant.com

Free and easy.

Just tried it out.

Couldn't get it to even detect any BBC videos, so they couldn't be downloaded.

Tried a few Youtube ones, it could detect them, but when downloaded, they were all 0 kb in size...

Since we are mentioning download managers, my personal favorite and which I have been using for years is FlashGet combined with the FF plugin flashgot. I would recommend getting the older version, around 1.6-1.9 as it seems lighter weight then the current 3.3 version. Version 1.9 and 1.7.3 (Classic version) is also available from the above link. It is freeware.

Thanks for this. I started using flashgot of ff a few weeks ago, and didn't realize flashget was a different product. Also, thanks for the bloatware tip.

Sorry, it may be a bit off the topc's scope, but I have 2 questions:

Re: Internet Download Manager

Is it really the best amongst paid/free download accelerators?

Re: Pale Moon Project

Have you compared the speeds of FF with other browsers like Chrome, IE, etc.?

P.S.

I just noted that Pale Moon will not work with AMD Athlon XP processors - I'm using one.

I have used a number of download managers and trials for paid programs. I like this one the best because it is user friendly and is nearly fully automatic. It also works for all the browsers I have tried.

Pale Moon is the best and fastest browser I have used. Chrome crashes all the time so I have removed it. I still have Opera, Safari and IE 8. I did read that they were working on making Pale Moon compatible for AMD powered machines.

I have used a number of download managers and trials for paid programs. I like this one the best because it is user friendly and is nearly fully automatic. It also works for all the browsers I have tried.

Pale Moon is the best and fastest browser I have used. Chrome crashes all the time so I have removed it. I still have Opera, Safari and IE 8. I did read that they were working on making Pale Moon compatible for AMD powered machines.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...