Schengen Visa

Now my niece has a UK visa we wanted to take her to France and Hungary or Greece for a short break. We have friends in these places. Has anyone had experience of getting a schengen visa in either embassy and how long they actually take. We are leaving on the 3rd May

Get an email from your friend in Hungary, with their address, phone number etc in it, inviting you to come and see them when you are in the UK.

In my experience (a couple of years ago) it will be processed on the same day. It actually took less than a couple of hours to confirm that is was OK. They even waived the visa fees for my wife and step-daughter as I'm an EU national.

I would suggest getting in there early and you should be done by lunchtime.

Good Luck

Colin

Bear in mind that the rules on Schengen applications changed last year; people now have to apply in their country of residence. So she cannot make an application in the UK while in the UK as a visitor; she'll have to apply in Thailand before she leaves.

-tfc-pattaya-

You forgot, that Hungary is now a Schengen participant, that changes theire dealings.

The valid Visa for Great Britain-UK will surely help.

And yes, your nice has to make the application for the Schengen Visa in Thailand in her homecountry.

The rules for a Schengenvisa would state, that, she has to make the Visa with the Embassy of that country, where she is most of her Schengen time staying.

^ or apply for the the Schengen visa for the country that will be her first point of arrival in Schengenland.

Bring ALL the application paperwork too as having a visa/stamp in the passport only gets her as far as a secondary inspection at the door.