Buying A Bed

Markaew

I saw no previous posting on this topic yet I have talked to many Expats that complain about the beds here in Thailand which are merely box springs in most other countries. I can't find anything worth sleeping on here and what I have seen is in the 80K to 100K price range where I am not even sure it is any better. They are all hard as a rock.

What experience has anyone else had with this? Are there any other options? If so, where?

Thanks in advance

I think what you mean is not the bed (which is just a frame, often of wood, to hold the mattress off the floor and perhaps provide a headrest, shelves ets) but the mattress.

Agree with you 1000% that the mattresses sold here are as hard as rocks. Why spend all that money for somthing no softer than sleeping on the floor, or on a rock slab, has always mystified me.

What you want is a good quality foam mattress. Used to be available but now scarce.

Try a PM to TV sponsor latexinnovations or their website www.latexinnovations.com I believe they are based in Pattaya but can probably ship elsewhere. Haven't used their product myself as I still have a nice foam mattress bought 20 years ago when they were readily found in shops here.

Another option would be Cambodia, they make lovely foam mattreesses there. (Varying qualities though, go for the thicker and more expensive as the cheaper ones don't hold their shape very long). They are made mostly in Kampong Cham province but found all over the country, you could probably locate one in Siem Reap or Battamabang town and bring back overland.

I can't find anything worth sleeping on here and what I have seen is in the 80K to 100K price range where I am not even sure it is any better. They are all hard as a rock.

WOW

Have no idea where you’re from or where your looking ?

For 80 – 100k in INDEX you get a Ajusta-matic multi function + massage bed..

Many named furnisher shops have the proper spring mattresses, they appear to be hard, semi hard and soft, the full beds are between 28 – 50k, mattresses only 15 – 25k

SB - Index – Furniture Outlet – Home Pro - Koncept just to name a few

Must admit the normal beds the mattresses appear to be very hard or very soft, In 2 of my bedrooms I have the king size beds, one is very hard the other is too soft, but bought a thin hard mattresses and put on top, not ideal but now the bed is semi hard

Apparently there are many Thais selling these beds out of their homes with varying prices. The Latex Innovations has left me feeling very reluctant because they want all money up front. None of them have a store front. The store front businesses are priced three and four times the price. Still searching.

Apparently there are many Thais selling these beds out of their homes with varying prices. The Latex Innovations has left me feeling very reluctant because they want all money up front. None of them have a store front. The store front businesses are priced three and four times the price. Still searching.

I won't be over until late July. That is when I need to do something. Keep posting on your endeavours. I'm very interested. I still like the idea of a Latex mattress from what I have read.

Chok Dee

I bought a new mattress at Home Pro last year - no box spring or frame. Pillow top, queen size, great bed. 17000 Baht delivered and set on my box spring in my bedroom. They even threw in a comforter, two pillows, two bolsters, sheet set. Can't beat it.

For 80 – 100k in INDEX you get a Ajusta-matic multi function + massage bed..

Many named furnisher shops have the proper spring mattresses, they appear to be hard, semi hard and soft, the full beds are between 28 – 50k, mattresses only 15 – 25k

SB - Index – Furniture Outlet – Home Pro - Koncept just to name a few

Must admit the normal beds the mattresses appear to be very hard or very soft, In 2 of my bedrooms I have the king size beds, one is very hard the other is too soft, but bought a thin hard mattresses and put on top, not ideal but now the bed is semi hard

I've been to all these placs and to me all the mattresses (including the ones I'm shown when I specifically ask for soft) are rock hard. I suppose people's perceptions differ. It may also matter what position one usually sleeps in, I'm a side sleeper and for that one must have some give in the matterss or else the lower back goes unsupported, especially for a woman (hip-waist difference).

The only thing that remotedly nears not being (to me) rock hard are some foam mattresses sold in Lotus and I think also Home Pro, although sometimes the latter only has thin ones to go on top of another mattress. These are still too hard for my tastes but much better than the pricier things infurniture stores. They don't hold their shaoe very well, though, tend to sag in places after a few years.

Not sure but I think the famous Tempur-pedic mattress can be had at places like Emporium for seriusly big $$$

Not sure but I think the famous Tempur-pedic mattress can be had at places like Emporium for seriusly big $$$

We looked at, I believe it was the Tempur, at the last furniture fair at Muang Thong Thani. They were offering their top of the range 30cm thick for 40,000 Baht...reduced from 80,000. That is just the mattress. There were cheaper ones of that type. Our present mattress is 30cm thick. It hasn't really been used a lot..just three years plus a few months and only really firm now on the edges, sags a little in the middle.

We used it for most of the time just on the floor. It was expensive. The Tempur, I believe had either a 10 or 15 year guarantee...not sure what against as this is Thailand. When I eventually, put my hand in my pocket it will be that type....no more springs of any type for me!

• 1 month later...

Hi,

We are sorry that you feel reluctant to buy from us, but we can assure you we are a real company that focuses on service. If there are any issues with the delivery of your mattress, it is our policy to inform the customer right away, to be honest with them. Through it is rare there are any issues.

We are an online company, and because of the low overheads, we can offer you really great prices. All one has to do is read our every growing list of customer comments to see we do a good job. Those that have posted are only a fraction of all the happy customers.

We use an outside delivery company, and because of this, we need full payment upfront. This is not unusual for online companies to do, look at ebay, amazon etc.

We are based out of BKK, but will ship to most places in Thailand. If you are in BKK or CM, you can arrange to meet in person to see a sample, and meet me, the owner. :)

I got my sealy posture pedic at central department store in pattaya. It's a great mattress, soft and supportive. It was around 34,000 thb which is a bit pricy I think but well worth it to get off that slab of granite I had been trying to sleep on for a year. It came with sheets, pillows and bolsters. I've seen the sealys at other stores and I would recommend one.

• 1 year later...

I've got Tempur-pedic imported from US. It is 10 inched thick, Cal king size. I saw the brand "Tempur" In Central department store today and it is pretty the same soft (not sure, Is it the same brand) The price is about 200K. <br>We considering to move back to US and thinking about selling it. Anyone interesting please get back<br>