Is It Safe To Spectate?

ThanonFarang

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Just read that, I was planning to get there via BTS.

Get the boat and get off at Pratunam.

Many farang there last night, perfectly safe, an almost carnival or party like atmosphere.

A lot of people just sleeping, many young coyote dancer types and a lot of old grannies.

Best place to go would be world trade centre area.

Best not turn up in your prosche.

Don't be an idiot!

Who, me ?

It is not a "fight zone" they are demonstrating and it has the potential to become a fight zone. Were it toberupt into a riot, obviously I'd want to get out.

And if it were completely idiotic to be ther, the worldwide media wouldnot all be there.

Interested to hear from folks who have seen it on TV or been down there, not scared fear mongerers.

Don't be an idiot!

Who, me ?

It is not a "fight zone" they are demonstrating and it has the potential to become a fight zone. Were it toberupt into a riot, obviously I'd want to get out.

And if it were completely idiotic to be ther, the worldwide media wouldnot all be there.

Interested to hear from folks who have seen it on TV or been down there, not scared fear mongerers.

Well, so why did you ask if you already knew?

Worldwide medias are doing a job. I am not sure that being there for the sole purpose of making pictures as a hobby can be considered in the same way...

Anyway, do whatever pleases you.............

Just read that, I was planning to get there via BTS.

Get the boat and get off at Pratunam.

Many farang there last night, perfectly safe, an almost carnival or party like atmosphere.

A lot of people just sleeping, many young coyote dancer types and a lot of old grannies.

Best place to go would be world trade centre area.

Best not turn up in your prosche.

As I suspected. Thanks!

I'm an amateur/aspiring photographer. A great image from something like this could be my big break if I get it published...

Bunch of sissies in this thread. Nearly every other Thai demonstration I wouldn't think twice. This one seems different though.

Now, you show how smart you are!

You ask a question, to which you already know the answer. You don't like some of the answers you get, and you start to insult members...So, do whatever you want to do, if you're lucky you will become very famous and rich, if you are hurt, som nom na!!! Serves you right, and don't come here moaning about barbaric thai cops, or soldiers, or protesters, or whoever....

Thanonfarang

I was there (by sheer coincidence) last Saturday when they were starting to collect in Rajchaprasong

while the mood was all friendly and jovial, and they didnt object to me taking photos (even had one rush ahead of me to turn round to take a pic of me) - but I wouldnt say it is completely safe. even without any fight erupting with authorities - there is no gaurantee that a simple panic by the crowd would not result in complete chaos. its a HUGE crowd, and when panic strikes, people will be running to get away, not taking heed of who or what is in their way

and with today's developments of shots being fired at PhanFa, soon Rajchaprasong could turn nasty too

stay safe. be wise. stay out of it would be my suggestion.

cheers

It's not safe. Reporters are paid to go there and go to a lot more dangerous places like Iraq. If you want to go get photos and try to sell them, go, but there are already tons of cameras there so I don't think the chances are good. But how are you planning on getting to Pratunam or Pan Fah? Walk?

I'm an amateur/aspiring photographer. A great image from something like this could be my big break if I get it published...

Bunch of sissies in this thread. Nearly every other Thai demonstration I wouldn't think twice. This one seems different though.

moaning about barbaric thai cops, or soldiers, or protesters, or whoever....

Isn't that the whole purpose of journalism?

Seriously though, do me a favor and ignore my posts and threads. Your opinion is irrelevant to me.

hahah you called everyone sissies but you ask if its safe and you ask if there are any reports of foerigners being hurt.

Just say you want to go for the thrill of being there but you are not willing to face the potential danger that will come with the thrill.

It's not safe. Reporters are paid to go there and go to a lot more dangerous places like Iraq. If you want to go get photos and try to sell them, go, but there are already tons of cameras there so I don't think the chances are good. But how are you planning on getting to Pratunam or Pan Fah? Walk?

Take a taxi as far as possible, then walk?

Can't be that hard. I have a friend protesting. She left here at 1:00pm and sent me a frontlines phone photo an hour later.

moaning about barbaric thai cops, or soldiers, or protesters, or whoever....

Isn't that the whole purpose of journalism?

Seriously though, do me a favor and ignore my posts and threads. Your opinion is irrelevant to me.

You would be very smart to to modify my posts, and not to turn them in a way that can be mis-interpreted....I never said that it is the purpose of journalism...as far as I know you are NOT a journalist....

I really don't care about you being safe, injured, or whatever.....

You are just another stupid who ask for advice, and can not stand any opinion that does not fit your expectation!

Go and do whatever you wish.....

Wear your running shoes and you will be as prepared as is possible. I remember vividly the clashes in Berkeley California from the 1960's and have the pictures to prove it. Tear gas didn't kill me, although there were people wounded(blinded) with buckshot, by the Alameda county sheriffs. I don't remember anything quite like the energy (insanity) of a true riot. People seem to lose common sense. Maybe the Thai's are different.

Foreign reporter injured, one troop needs surgery

A foreign reporter was hit by a bullet and injured in the crackdown operation near Phan Fa bridge, Channel 9 reported.

Channel 9 reproted that 33 injured people were sent to the Bangkok Medical Department while 12 injured troops were sent to Phra Mongkut Hospital.

A troop needed an urgent operation as he was pieced at his neck by a sharpened bamboo stick.

The station reported that about 20 injured people were sent to the BMA Central Hospital.

-- The Nation 2010-04-10

hahah you called everyone sissies but you ask if its safe and you ask if there are any reports of foerigners being hurt.

Just say you want to go for the thrill of being there but you are not willing to face the potential danger that will come with the thrill.

Te difference is I am willing to go. Sissies think entertaining that thought is crazy.

Your second point is pretty on point, though I wouldn't say I'm unwilling to face the potential danger. The purpose of this thread was to evaluate the danger level. As it stands we are preparing to head out...

Te difference is I am willing to go. Sissies think entertaining that thought is crazy.

Your second point is pretty on point, though I wouldn't say I'm unwilling to face the potential danger. The purpose of this thread was to evaluate the danger level. As it stands we are preparing to head out...

Good luck :)