How To Fix A Motorcycle Tires On The Road?

Fix tires on the road

I seen a person changes my front tire with no air tools and I do not want to get stuck in the middle of the road with no bike shops around. Is there a spray in Thailand to use for broken tires for a few miles? How do bikers do when they take longer trips in Thailand?

Thailand is a very densely populated country.  Thailand has a ton of motorbikes, and shops as a result.  It's not that big of a deal.  Don't worry about it too much.  

To answer your question, in other countries and more remote areas, I carried a simple patch kit and a miniature compressor that would run off the bike battery.  The little compressor is also quite convenient when you need to add air to your tires.  

Puncture repair aerosols are available. They inject a rubber type solution then inflate the tyre. As soon as you have done it drive away to spread the solution evenly. Not too fast though. If it is a tyre with a tube keep your fingers crossed. Tubes usually have too much damage. Works better on tubeless tyres.

A very old fashioned emergency repair is packing the tyre with grass. Long time since I tried that. It will get you going though.

Puncture repair aerosols are available. They inject a rubber type solution then inflate the tyre. As soon as you have done it drive away to spread the solution evenly. Not too fast though. If it is a tyre with a tube keep your fingers crossed. Tubes usually have too much damage. Works better on tubeless tyres.

A very old fashioned emergency repair is packing the tyre with grass. Long time since I tried that. It will get you going though.

They probably charge me more for the grass if they see my skin color. You say THEY inject? Where do i buy this Aerosols and do i need anything else? Can i just push it on and inject and then drive away for a while. I know Thailand have many shops but not THAT many.

Yes i know you can do that ride on a flat tire but since we are two people on the bike i think it will be sooner then later before it is broken. It is hot and it is boring to sit and wait next to the road. Thats why i wanted to have some fix for the tire until we reach next village.

You say THEY inject? Where do i buy this Aerosols and do i need anything else? Can i just push it on and inject and then drive away for a while.

Motul Tire repair is available in Thailand. The only shop I know for sure is the shop at the Tiger Factory in Samut Prakan. 450 Baht.

MotulTyreRepair1.jpg

Do you have tubeless tires or tubes ? The fix-a-flat in a can is only good for tubeless tires, it does make quite a mess inside the tire for the repair guy to clean, also make sure to check what kind of propellant is used in the can as some of them use a flammable gas that can have explosive consequences for that guy smoking a cig and pulling the valvestem without knowing !!! If you have tubeless I prefer a plug kit and a way to reinflate such as a hand pump. Tubes ?? Well a couple of wrenches and tire spoons with a spare tube is your best bet.

Ahh ok i have tube inside the tire. Can you get tubless? tires on a Novou Mx? I seen that they have wheels with no I I I I I (i do not know what they called) they say they are not that easy to get a puncture.

In that case why not simply carry a spare innertube (cost about 80 Baht), a small bicycle pump (cost about 300 Baht for a decent one, my mountain bike uses the same valve type) and a couple of tyre levers and spanners to take the wheel off? While you are at it, buy a pressure gauge (about 200 Baht) and you can keep the tyres pumped up to the correct pressure, possibly the most important thing to do.

I no longer bother to have innertubes repaired.

Ahh ok i have tube inside the tire. Can you get tubless? tires on a Novou Mx? I seen that they have wheels with no I I I I I (i do not know what they called) they say they are not that easy to get a puncture.

In that case why not simply carry a spare innertube (cost about 80 Baht), a small bicycle pump (cost about 300 Baht for a decent one, my mountain bike uses the same valve type) and a couple of tyre levers and spanners to take the wheel off? While you are at it, buy a pressure gauge (about 200 Baht) and you can keep the tyres pumped up to the correct pressure, possibly the most important thing to do.

I no longer bother to have innertubes repaired.

You can blow up a motorbike tyre with a bicycle pump? :)

When I was a kid I could hardly pump up my bike tyres with one. Then they made them smaller. Great for water fights tho'. (Sorry OT).

You can blow up a motorbike tyre with a bicycle pump? :)

When I was a kid I could hardly pump up my bike tyres with one. Then they made them smaller. Great for water fights tho'. (Sorry OT).

If you're talking about a mini-pump, it's hard work. However, you can certainly pump car or motorcycle tyres with a floor pump such as this:

31++4ryHWrL.jpg