Songkran Elephants

gennisis

Great ice water, talcum powder paste and now elephant snot water. The fun just gets better.

Just stay in London then..

Nice reply. No really.

Definitely no elephants in London, at least not on the streets. You have been sussed :)

Just got a bit tired of all the songkran haters, if you don't like it stay indoors. Its great fun to release some tension and stuff like that. Too bad that i have to work or else i would be joining them. Sure its dangerous i admit it and i take it in consideration.

Here in the village i haven't been splashed yet while getting some food. So there are plenty of safe places.

Elephants would love songkran. Seems like a good festival to involve them in. The modern form, not rinsing the old people's hands..

I appreciate your enthusiasm, but at the risk of being a dampening influence:

1. Elephants' feet are not designed to walk on hot tarmc. They will be in constant pain.

2. They need huge supplies of CLEAN water to drink, all the time. Impossible at Songkran.

3. Temperatures at this time of year are such that responsible elephant owners do NOT allow them out of the shade between 10.00am and dusk.

4. Feeding them a few bananas on the street is like offering peanuts to a starving man.

OK, I'd REALLY like to get back to rinsing the old people's hands and YES, I stay at home to avoid the current dangerous nonsense. But please don't bring elephants into this. Practically or figuratively.