Mickey Mouse Is Alive And Well

Gonzo the Face

It's because people buy and sell the $US as a commodity, whereas they buy and sell baht when doing business with Thailand. The level of business with Thailand is relatively stable hence there are no strong forces driving it either way, despite the common misconception that political instability means the currency has to conveniently collapse.

I wondered the same for a few months, but I think it simply that the US Dollar isn't worth the paper it is printed on, it is a liability.

...But still doing much better than the Pound and Euro. whistling.gif

Edited by Ulysses G.

I wondered the same for a few months, but I think it simply that the US Dollar isn't worth the paper it is printed on, it is a liability.

:)

I agree the dollar is low, but I don't buy that explanation. The Euro here in Greece has gone down against the dollar...in fact in all of Europe. Yet the Baht stays high against the Dollar in Thailand. Personally I think someone in Thailand is either selling Dollars or buying Baht. I would guess it's the Thai government.

For some reason they want to keep the Baht high.

:D

...But still doing much better than the Pound and Euro. whistling.gif

....and much more powerful (and prettier) looking.

I agree the dollar is low, but I don't buy that explanation. The Euro here in Greece has gone down against the dollar...in fact in all of Europe. Yet the Baht stays high against the Dollar in Thailand. Personally I think someone in Thailand is either selling Dollars or buying Baht. I would guess it's the Thai government.

No, they want to keep the baht stable.

A few explanations about macroeconomics..

With the recent banking crisis and the obvious insolvent nature of western banks a lot of traditionally pegged currencies and those that have a surplus of U.S. dollars are unwinding their debt slowly. This means countries like China are finding new and creative ways to dump U.S. securities asap because who knows if America will make good on it down the road. The EU isn't worth much more since EU banking and its dependent nations have the same issues (See: Iceland, U.K., Greece, etc..)

The weakening of the western currencies is just developing world nations getting smarter about keeping too many eggs in one basket.

Funny but no more Guantanamo Bay training pics please!

Actually, not so funny. I'm trimming the hair and saving it for fly tying. It makes great dubbing for trout flies. :D

Somehow I just knew there was a reason....Hope they're biting Ian! :)

Maybe write off foreign dept

Anybody care to make a guess who is playing games

Soros.

BINGO!

Still wonder if him and his cronie's were behind the 550 billion run on the banks in America in Sept 2008 that hastened the economic collapse. Guy is a real POS.

No he ain't. I just killed him and gave him a shave. :¡This cheese is burning me!: :¡This cheese is burning me!:

deadratintrap_Em.sized.jpg

Shavingrat_Em.sized.jpg

Gawd Ian talk about overkill, 2 traps one poor 'mickey' The barber part??? are you trying to make a hairless mouse to mount on the wall with other trophies or preparing the critter for the bbq? Your portfolio of pictures is impressive, keep up the gooood work.

It's because people buy and sell the $US as a commodity, whereas they buy and sell baht when doing business with Thailand. The level of business with Thailand is relatively stable hence there are no strong forces driving it either way, despite the common misconception that political instability means the currency has to conveniently collapse.

what is going on here is really a non event. just kooks making a lot of noise. the country is not in turmoil.