One Way Ticket Plane Ticket

Hello to everyone,

I'll be arriving in BKK airport at the beginning of May with a non-immigrant B visa in my passport.

The point is that I am not planning to leave Thailand for a while, as I will apply for a work permit and will have to work (no time for leaving the country). For this reason, I wanted to buy just a one way plane ticket.

The (possibly silly) question is the following: will I have problems entering the country if I don't show a return ticket? Maybe will I be asked to show proof of having enough money for living in Thailand and leaving the country?

Can you please advise me on this? Thank you!

Cheers,

James

edit: sorry, just noticed the mistake in the title... :)

Edited by Jameshaya

I have been to Thailand without a return ticket , and I have never been asked if I have enough money. Hope you already have a job because there is a lot of unemployment at the moment,

Thank you, Thongkorn.

Sure, I already have a job, otherwise I wouldn't even try coming. :)

I have been to Thailand without a return ticket , and I have never been asked if I have enough money. Hope you already have a job because there is a lot of unemployment at the moment,

Thank you, Thongkorn.

Sure, I already have a job, otherwise I wouldn't even try coming. :)

No problem , you get people just turn up and try to live the dream , but they are really in a dream best of luck,

Edited by Thongkorn

just got my one-way-tick today

(cheap this week-299€ ) and i get always a 'show'-ticket from agency for 15€

they only reserve a return-date and clean them later

i have always a visa (tourist) :)

but some airline want to see this on check-in !!

:D

If you obtain the visa one way travel is allowed by Thailand and so stated by the data base (IATA) that airlines check.

Once here with work permit you should obtain one year extensions of stay but company paperwork needs to qualify you for that so check to make sure it does. Otherwise you can not stay longer than 90 days at a time.

You are required to have with you 20,000 baht for entry on a non immigrant visa - this normally is not checked but could be so you should have some cash or cards to prove access to that amount is available.

Thank you very much, Lopburi. Very clear.

I'll make sure to be carrying a few hundred euros cash and a credit card, so that should be enough. Thanks!

My only concern is another now... In my passport there are two older non-immigrant b visas (2007 and 2009), because I did two short internships and never applied for work permit... Will that be a problem when I apply for work permit? Can they ask me why I have a non-imm b and never had work permit? I'm quite worried about this...

Thanks!

James

That will not be a problem as many people have B visas for company trips and such rather than for employment. Labor department issues work permits and they will only be concerned that you currently have a non immigrant to allow issue.